• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Drunkest Day at Disney

This is a fun thread - I appreciate the wholesome answers.

During a Food & Wine festival, I drank way too fast at at least 7 vendors along the right entrance of World Showcase. By the time we got to Morocco, my husband was OVER it. Made me sit in the restaurant and drink water while he angrily ate baklava. That was the first and last time I ever even touched alcohol in Disney.

Phonedave

Advertisement
Do we have to count nights at Pleasure Island? If so, I'm in trouble.....
I think the only time I would consider myself drunk at WDW occurred during the closing of The Adventurer's Club. I was staying in SSR, and that was a very difficult walk back across the LBV golf course.

My wife and I did do a wine and cheese tasting at food and wine once, where there were issues (the MC was blathering on and on and certain cheeses were not quite up to temperature to taste yet) and it was taking forever. To keep everyone happy (we think) they poured the wine samples with a very heavy hand (and refilled them too). We were not what I would call drunk, but I would never have tried to operate a motor vehicle after that tasting. We had a wine and food Italian lunch scheduled in Via Napoli right after that wine and cheese tasting ended too (Via Napoli had normal sized tastings, and was at a much more appropriate pace)

Last edited:

righttrack

It's pretty expensive to get hammered at Disney. I've done Drinking Around the World. Yes, it was quite a bit of alcohol but it does take quite a while to make it around International Showcase so it really wasn't that bad. I'd say "moderately tipsy". Not sloshed.

2003. We were in Orlando for the Nationals of the Buick Scramble (Golf Tournament) and ventured to Pleasure Island for the night. You went to the beach bar ( sorry cant remember the name) and got a fruity drink in a Sand Bucket. Once you finish it you could get it refilled anywhere on Pleasure Island with different mixed drinks. Needless to say a few sand buckets of Captain and Coke and I slept good that night.

DisneyFreak

2003. We were in Orlando for the Nationals of the Buick Scramble (Golf Tournament) and ventured to Pleasure Island for the night. You went to the beach bar ( sorry cant remember the name) and got a fruity drink in a Sand Bucket. Once you finish it you could get it refilled anywhere on Pleasure Island with different mixed drinks. Needless to say a few sand buckets of Captain and Coke and I slept good that night.
Rock n Roll Beach Club

February after my best friend and I turned 21 in January. We'd been taking ourselves twice a year since we turned 18. Couldn't wait till 21. Honestly they didn't card as much back then and it wasn't our first adult beverage. At the Dixie Landings (Port Orleans Riverside now *hard eye roll*) piano bar we wanted to try new things. Miss Melody's coladas did us in. Pina colada with a splash of Midori yum! Bar tender knew we just turned 21 so they got stronger and stronger. Had a bit of a hard time getting back to the room. We stayed on the Plantation side for the first time and that tall bridge over the Sassagula river almost did us in, took a long pause on the top. We did miss out on about 3/4 of the next day and had a little hair of the dog at Pleasure Island afrer ordering pizza in and felt much better lol

I'm definitely a hard no alcohol at Magic Kingdom person but everyone should let go once :)

Successfully “Drank atound the World” at Epcot. Honestly when you started with a glass of wine at lunch in Italy, and Illuminations is at 9 pm it may have been an expensive day but not falling down drunk. It wasn’t 10 shots in a row.

Also I learned that no matter how much you’ve had drink, the Moracco beer tastes terrible.

A few friends and I drank our way around the world together a few trips ago for a college reunion. We got 2 drinks per country to split among the 4 of us, but by the time we finished we were pretty tipsy. Then dinner at The Wave with a few beers and we were sufficiently sloshed. We stumbled out of dinner just in time for Illuminations. Illuminations makes me cry when I'm sober, so watching it drunk induced next-level weepiness and euphoria.

A different night on that trip the four of us split a bottle of Absolut and took an uber into Orlando for a night at Parliament House because some of our favorite drag queens were going to be there. A LONG night of drinking ended back at Art of Animation with me taking some rather scandalous pictures on the hood of Doc Hudson and Flo at about 2:40am.

Can't say that I've been hammered, but I do have an extremely high tolerance compared to a large portion of the population. When we are in Epcot or DHS, we drink ALL day....and I mean from entrance to exit. We rarely pass a place the has beer or slushie drink without grabbing one. The heat combined with the activity usually helps with the tolerance. Full disclosure, we do live in Florida...so drinking is a major past time here.

ppet

I've drunk my way around Epcot a couple of times, but have been barely tipsy by the end. Just too much walking. Now my first trip to Adventures Club years ago, my DW and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and I definitely got into the show. It was great fun and after many repeats of "kungolooouuush" (spelling it how I felt that night) I was as drunk as I've ever been at WDW. Luckily by the time we left there were no impressionable children to see the antics.
Good Lord I miss that club!!!!!

Top Bottom