Drinks around the world

Sunny D

Hi everyone! I know this has been posted before, but I can't find the original post I am thinking of (it was about a year ago). Anyway, I was wondering what some of your favorite drinks around the world showcase are?

We are leaving in four days (yay!) and I am interested in trying some new things on my journey around the world!

Thanks!

Bug715

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead but I wanted to report that I MADE IT!!!! We even went to the Boardwalk after fireworks to continue the celebration.

Here's what I had:
Cider in England
Margarita in Mexico (Got it free cause it was my Birthday)
Red wine in Norway
Peach Slush in China (really good but wayyy too sweet!)
Dorenfelder wine in Germany (AMAZING!!)
Rosa Regle in Italy
Don't remember America
Sake in Japan
Mimosa in Moracco
Sparkling Vodka in France (Expensive but good)
Canada don't remember

I think that's it. It poured that day more than other days but we kept going! O yea drink water! Luckily my friends bought me water too. And eat a bit along the way.

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead but I wanted to report that I MADE IT!!!! We even went to the Boardwalk after fireworks to continue the celebration.

Here's what I had:
Cider in England
Red wine in Norway
Rosa Regle in Italy
Don't remember America
Sake in Japan
Mimosa in Moracco
Canada don't remember

I think that's it. It poured that day more than other days but we kept going! O yea drink water! Luckily my friends bought me water too. And eat a bit along the way.

Congrats! I love the "Don't remember America" part, hehe. You followed the water and food rules, but you didn't follow the "beer before liquor, never been sicker!" rule! Well, cider is close enough to "beer" right? You're lucky! Glad to hear you made it though, even surviving long enough to make it to the Boardwalk later, very impressive! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Bug715

I am so glad you mentioned this one! It's my favorite! It's best when you take a bite of the chocolate you can get with it and then take a sip. SOOO Yummmy!!
I do also like the Grey Goose Lemonade Slushy in France.

I havn't ever gotten the chocolate with it. I'll have to try that next time I'm down. The slushy sounds good too!

Yea I know the liquor before beer thing. I had the cider as I was eating fish and chips then we saw o canada then waited around for half an hour for the rain to stop then gave up and went on.

Upvote 0

hemloc

Here's what I had:
Cider in England
Red wine in Norway
Rosa Regle in Italy
Don't remember America
Sake in Japan
Mimosa in Moracco
Canada don't remember

How could you remember anything after all that, lol??

Upvote 0

Figment25

Here's what I had:
Cider in England
Red wine in Norway
Rosa Regle in Italy
Don't remember America
Sake in Japan
Mimosa in Moracco
Canada don't remember

Congrats, I will definitely have to try the cider in england, peach slush in China and sparkling vodka in france... I have never heard of these before... YAY for October and food and wine festival

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

For me Grey Goose from France. DH - he really liked the Rignese in Norway but they stopped serving. Now for him a good old fashioned Bud or a Mooshead from Canada. Food & Wine is 84 days for us so we can start sampling around the world for something new! YAHOO!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Here's what I had:
Cider in England
Red wine in Norway
Rosa Regle in Italy
Don't remember America
Sake in Japan
Mimosa in Moracco
Canada don't remember

Peachtree Slush....yummmmmo Have to try it....I love sweet and I love Peachtree!!!...Oh in 44 more days I'm getting me one of those...perhaps more than one....that day!!

Upvote 0

jillybeaner21

I just completed a tour of drinking around the world in May.

I agree...DEFINATELY start in Mexico and start with the Fiesta Margarita.

We had the most delicious red wine in Germany but I can't remember the name of it.

Some red/pinkish fizzy drink in Italy (ya know it's terrible that I can't remember the names of anything but the fiesta margaritas worked their magic fast)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Grand Marnier Orange Slush. It tastes like an orange creamsicle.

And if you want something that's not quite liquor and not quite beer, I highly recommend a Strongbow in great britain. It tastes like spiked fizzy apple cider.

Enjoy and remember, eat a little something as you're going too haha. :wave:

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Our drinking around the world day was quite possibly the highlight of our holiday. As we are a bit lightweight we shared a drink between two of us at some of the countries, not wanting to miss any out. Also we took all afternoon to do it and had plenty of soft drinks and snacks.

The big surprise to me was the large number of people on a similar mission to ourselves-its catching on in a big way! There was a real party atmosphere on that sunny Sunday back in April.............oh how I wish I was back there! :)

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Grand Marnier Orange Slush. It tastes like an orange creamsicle.

You are not the first person I have heard say it tastes like a creamsicle. I just don't see it. It tastes orange. I don't taste (or see) any cream or cream like substance in it. Am I missing something ?

-dave

Upvote 0

EPCOTGAL1

My favs are:

Mexico - Margaritas (both the regular and the funky multi-swirl one)
France - Lemonade Grey Goose Slush
Canada - Glow Blue Martini
then back to Mexico before we leave showcase for yet another Margarita

Note to self/everyone.....KEEP AWAY FROM MS for a few hours after...:hurl:

Upvote 0

Bug715

How could you remember anything after all that, lol??

Yea that's the problem. My friend and I had a very important convo at the Boardwalk that we've needed to have for a while and of course I don't remember it all. I do remember the important parts tho.

I just completed a tour of drinking around the world in May.

I agree...DEFINATELY start in Mexico and start with the Fiesta Margarita.

We had the most delicious red wine in Germany but I can't remember the name of it.

Some red/pinkish fizzy drink in Italy (ya know it's terrible that I can't remember the names of anything but the fiesta margaritas worked their magic fast)

And if you want something that's not quite liquor and not quite beer, I highly recommend a Strongbow in great britain. It tastes like spiked fizzy apple cider.

Enjoy and remember, eat a little something as you're going too haha. :wave:

Yea I had Strongbow. One of my friends said they didn't add something they should've or whatever. I know it tasted different than when I've had it when a friend got it before. O well

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Yea that's the problem. My friend and I had a very important convo at the Boardwalk that we've needed to have for a while and of course I don't remember it all. I do remember the important parts tho.

Yea I had Strongbow. One of my friends said they didn't add something they should've or whatever. I know it tasted different than when I've had it when a friend got it before. O well

But there is nothing in Strongbow, but Strongbow. Could be a bad keg or some water in the line from changeover...but there isn't much to change the taste.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom