Drinks around the world

Sunny D

Hi everyone! I know this has been posted before, but I can't find the original post I am thinking of (it was about a year ago). Anyway, I was wondering what some of your favorite drinks around the world showcase are?

We are leaving in four days (yay!) and I am interested in trying some new things on my journey around the world!

Thanks!

WickedQueen22

Where is everyone getting the wonderful margarita from? I went to the margarita booth and it was the worst one I have ever had in my life. It was like a slush puppy with cheap tequilla that burned.

Do you have to go into the Mexico pavilion?

Upvote 0

Senderella

Strongbow in the UK is GOOOD!! They don't sell it locally anymore so we've had friends buy loads of it when they go up to Houston. 2 other good drinks in the UK are the English Rose and Welsh Dragon.

Canada - Ice Wine

I agree with whoever said Rosa Regale. That's some good stuff.

Optimator is an awesome beer.

If you hit F&W, get the Sam Adams Octoberfest. THATS A GOOD BEER!

Also a tip that's probably been mentioned or not because it's common sense: Stick with either Beer around the world or Drinks around the world. LOL Don't mix & match the 2. You'll be better off when you get to the end.

As far as drinks NOT in WS, Safari Amber (or Amber Safari?) beer at DAK is good. So is the Oasis at the bar in Africa.

There's a drink at the Wilderness Lodge.. Northwestern Pass I think?? I can't remember. It's good too. If anyone's got the recipe please post it!

That's all I can remember right now.

Upvote 0

Bug715

I just thought of a drink that is NOT good. My first legal drink was Jessica's Secret at PI and I hated it. It started off purple and I swear when I finnished it was a green color. I just drank it cause it was alchol and a friend bought it for me and I didn't want to waste $10 of her money.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Where is everyone getting the wonderful margarita from? I went to the margarita booth and it was the worst one I have ever had in my life. It was like a slush puppy with cheap tequilla that burned.

Do you have to go into the Mexico pavilion?

I think thats where everyone goes. I tend to agree with you. I like mine on the rocks anyway (as luck would have it, I have one in front of me now :) )

-dave

Upvote 0

Senderella

I am glad to hear someone likes these! I saw these on a menu and planned to order them in October! I hope France has the good pomegranate sparkling wine at F&W again this year, I had it 2 years ago and it was excellent.

I like them very much but keep in mind the Rose is a gin drink and the Dragon is a melon drink.

Upvote 0

coachz

Morocco Drink

at the drink stand outside Morocco, we had a lovely drink...I can't remember the name, but it tasted much like a pina colada (and ingredients listed sounded like a pina colada with the addition of almond flavoring) It was wonderful...
I believe (85% sure) it's called a "Sultan's Colada"...yes, they're good!

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

While at the Rose & Crown, I had a great conversation with one of the lovely bar maids. She proceeded to give me some good head........on my beer in the shape of a shamrock! She pulled the Guiness tap backwards and drew through the foam. Purty kewl!

If I had a way of posting the picture, I'd do put it up to see since it looks really neat. I also saw her pouring something that I thought was Harp and Sprite and sure enough it was. So I asked her why anyone would drink that. She said its something they drink over in UK pubs. The designated driver would drink it or someone that didn't want to get drunk. That's how she explained it to me.

Upvote 0

raven

Is there a place where we can get these drink recipes.

WDWspring2008169.jpg

The famous Glow-tinis served all over the World but we got ours at The Rose and Crown Pub. :slurp:

Recipe from Allears.net :

Ingredients
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 ounce Skyy Citrus Vodka[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.5 ounce Bols Blue Curacao[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.5 ounce Bols Peach Schnapps[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 ounce Sweet & Sour[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.5 ounce Pineapple Juice[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 each Blue Glow Cube (optional)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prep: [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Build in martini shaker with ice, shake, strain, and pour into glass with sugared rim. Add cube.[/FONT]​

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

I think thats where everyone goes. I tend to agree with you. I like mine on the rocks anyway (as luck would have it, I have one in front of me now :) )

-dave

Thank goodness someone else who understands it is not supposed to taste like fire... lol I didn't know if you went into the temple and there was someplace else that they made magically wonderful margaritas I was missing...

Upvote 0

catne

Thank goodness someone else who understands it is not supposed to taste like fire... lol I didn't know if you went into the temple and there was someplace else that they made magically wonderful margaritas I was missing...

I didn't like those margaritas,either. Just the wrong flavor combos to me. Maybe if they skipped the green part...:drevil:

on the other hand, there were lots of other yummy beverages available elsewhere:p

Upvote 0

hokielutz

Our drinks around the world attempt went like this:

Mexico, Margaritas
Norway.... finishing the margaritas
China - Beer to share
Germany - Met family members for Lunch buffet and a full liter of Dunkel Bier (I think this was our mistake)
Japan - Warm Saki and Sushi
America - Domestic Brew
France - Champagne & pastry
England - pint of I don't remember what.

Skipped Countries:
Moracco
Italy
(Blame) Canada Couldn't resist the South Park reference

If we leave out the heavy German lunch, we should be in better shame the next time.

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
Strongbow in the UK is GOOOD!! They don't sell it locally anymore so we've had friends buy loads of it when they go up to Houston. 2 other good drinks in the UK are the English Rose and Welsh Dragon.

Canada - Ice Wine

I agree with whoever said Rosa Regale. That's some good stuff.

Optimator is an awesome beer.

If you hit F&W, get the Sam Adams Octoberfest. THATS A GOOD BEER!

Agreed. I'll buy cases of it when it comes out and ration it through the winter. By any chance do they have Spaten Oktoberfest during F&W?

Also a tip that's probably been mentioned or not because it's common sense: Stick with either Beer around the world or Drinks around the world. LOL Don't mix & match the 2. You'll be better off when you get to the end.

As far as drinks NOT in WS, Safari Amber (or Amber Safari?) beer at DAK is good. So is the Oasis at the bar in Africa.

I think it is Safari Amber. It tastes a lot like Michelob Amber Bock to me. Any AK QS CM's here that can verify?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom