Dress code

jaklgreen

I am not usually a person that cares what others wear, but Disney is a family place. I agree with the others and don't think that just a bra is appropriate. I would put on a loose tank top over your sports bra. It might actually keep you cooler by shielding the direct sun off of your skin.

jaklgreen

When it comes down to it, the OP should wear what they feel will be appropriate, but be prepared with something comfortable to cover with in case the CM doesn't agree on appropriateness. It's really that simple.

We don't have to have debates on proper usage of sports bras or whatever else you wanna call 'em. Wear what you find comfortable and appropriate, and don't abuse the CM for doing their job asking you to cover up if they feel it's necessary. That's a great way to get shared a gazillion times on Twitter, at which time you may or may not regret being abused by the masses, shamed, and probably called a Karen more times than you can count. That's the bigger issue for me... people who make what could be borderline inappropriate choices, and then abusing others for their choices.
But don't you think that with there being a possibility that a cast member might find it inappropriate, then it most likely at the very least, straddles the line? I think that I would prefer to not dress in a manner that is questionable than be asked to put appropriate clothing on. To most people, there is a big difference between a crop top, which is a shirt that goes over your bra, and just wearing a sports bra. Maybe I live in a place where trends are different, but other then the gym, I don't usually see woman out and about in JUST a sports bra. I work in a grocery store so I see a lot of people, and I don't think that I have ever seen a woman come in wearing only a bra. At WDW, I have seen swim tops and tank tops but not just someone wearing a bra as a top. I guess it would depend on what type of sports top it is. If it is a top with a built in bra, that to me, that is different then just the bra. If you see what I mean.

Pepper's Ghost

But don't you think that with there being a possibility that a cast member might find it inappropriate, then it most likely at the very least, straddles the line? I think that I would prefer to not dress in a manner that is questionable than be asked to put appropriate clothing on. To most people, there is a big difference between a crop top, which is a shirt that goes over your bra, and just wearing a sports bra. Maybe I live in a place where trends are different, but other then the gym, I don't usually see woman out and about in JUST a sports bra. I work in a grocery store so I see a lot of people, and I don't think that I have ever seen a woman come in wearing only a bra. At WDW, I have seen swim tops and tank tops but not just someone wearing a bra as a top. I guess it would depend on what type of sports top it is. If it is a top with a built in bra, that to me, that is different then just the bra. If you see what I mean.
100% agree, but who am I to police others. If Disney CMs are doing their jobs and a guest is breaking the rules, someone will ask the guest to put on appropriate attire, whether the CM at the gate, or somewhere in the park. I would hope that people could police themselves, but generally, those who refuse (and I'm not implicating the OP here) won't be dissuaded on this forum. Some people feel the need to shock others, or do inappropriate things. That's their right until it becomes other people's problem in some way. (How's that saying go? Your right to swing your fist stops where my nose begins... or something like that.) That's when the authorities, Disney CMs in this case, should step in and address the guest. I know that makes me sound like a total square. I'm not, but if I do something and get called out on it, I'm not going to double down and be a jerk. Usually when I do something wrong, it's not intentional so I have no issue correcting myself.

Btw, I can appreciate the female form as much as any guy, but I think it's a matter of context. Disney parks isn't were people's "forms" should be flaunted, but it's not for me to police.

jaklgreen

100% agree, but who am I to police others. If Disney CMs are doing their jobs and a guest is breaking the rules, someone will ask the guest to put on appropriate attire, whether the CM at the gate, or somewhere in the park. I would hope that people could police themselves, but generally, those who refuse (and I'm not implicating the OP here) won't be dissuaded on this forum. Some people feel the need to shock others, or do inappropriate things. That's their right until it becomes other people's problem in some way. (How's that saying go? Your right to swing your fist stops where my nose begins... or something like that.) That's when the authorities, Disney CMs in this case, should step in and address the guest. I know that makes me sound like a total square. I'm not, but if I do something and get called out on it, I'm not going to double down and be a jerk. Usually when I do something wrong, it's not intentional so I have no issue correcting myself.

Btw, I can appreciate the female form as much as any guy, but I think it's a matter of context. Disney parks isn't were people's "forms" should be flaunted, but it's not for me to police.
I didn't say to police anyone. I was just giving my opinion and my observations. I would not like to be stopped by a cast member and told to "cover up" because I showed up in a something that can be seen as inappropriate for the venue. But others might not see an issue with it. We all have our limits on what we think is appropriate in life. The OP asked for our opinions and that is what I gave. I think that there is a good chance that a cast member will stop anyone who is just wearing a sports bra.

Pepper's Ghost

I didn't say to police anyone. I was just giving my opinion and my observations. I would not like to be stopped by a cast member and told to "cover up" because I showed up in a something that can be seen as inappropriate for the venue. But others might not see an issue with it. We all have our limits on what we think is appropriate in life. The OP asked for our opinions and that is what I gave. I think that there is a good chance that a cast member will stop anyone who is just wearing a sports bra.
Yep. I have no issue with your opinion at all. I don't think I directed anything at you. It's just hard to get people to change their minds. That said, I have found one individual posting regularly in this thread as a bit of a perv, basically begging people with nice bodies to go to the parks dressed as skimpy as possible. I don't understand that open display of being skeevy. It wasn't you tho. 😁

mysto

You are all hired! If you know it when you see it report to the Epcot front entrance for decency duty. If you're a perv report to Echo Lake to judge the wet t shirt contest. If you wear what you want then Echo Lake as a contestant.

Pepper's Ghost

Wouldn't a tank top be good enough not only for the dress code, but to stay as cool as possible? Especially for a woman. I don't think anyone would care about that. That's the norm.
With all due respect to those who prefer under-dressing in public, if it was really about comfort your solution would be more than acceptable. Obviously it's more of a statement, or perhaps peacocking/peahenning. Otherwise, a tank top would be an obvious safe bet rather than risking being told you're inappropriately dressed. And if no one tells them they're inappropriate dressed, then all the pervs out there will appreciate the show. Some will get slapped in the head by their significant other. Others will go unnoticed as their sig other stares at their phone.

disneyfireman

I’m here now, I have seen tons of people wearing biker shorts and matching crop tops, bra like. And most have crop tops on too…
Yep. And some here act they don’t see this or it doesn’t happen. It is the most common thing you’ll see a gal wear. And it’s fine. It’s hot out. Who cares.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I’m impressed when fellow guests get dressed up in costume back in the day during DHS Star Wars Weekends in May in stifling heat and at MK in the late spring when the park had Dapper Dan days . All that clothing during the dog days of warm spring and summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom