Dress code

LittleBuford

At what point do you draw the line? Walt envisioned a family friendly environment. You can wear comfortable yet classy clothing without waltzing through the park half naked.
I agree that people should dress in a manner that is appropriate and respectful of others. A crop top does not seem beyond the pale to me, but that's for the CMs to decide.

castlecake2.0

There’s a documentary called “Always at the Carlyle”. It’s about a fancy hotel that a lot of high end celebrities and well to dos like to stay at. During the film the elevator operator that has worked there for decades announces his retirement. When asked why he says something along the lines of “the service and class I am designed to provide no longer exists in this world”. I think about this scene at least once per shift.

LittleBuford

I’ve never seen half naked people in WDW.
I beg to differ!

2021-wdw-magic-kingdom-main-street-usa-main-street-train-station-donald-1.jpg

44579503550_46d2831391_b.jpg

the_rich

Just got back and a ton of people were wearing exactly your outfit. Most of the people you see on social media that are getting turned away are wearing shirts that's are tied together. The string creates a safety risk on attractions. You will be fine with your attire.

Amidala

You'll be fine, I've worn sports bras and pretty short crop tops to the parks before. It's often upwards of 90 degrees at the parks in the summer, CMs are understanding of this. No one is going to ask you to change unless your outfit is extremely revealing or has visibly inappropriate/nsfw imagery.

CaptainAmerica

DRESS CODE.
Hello wonderful people! I leave early Tuesday
morning for an 8 day Honeymoon with my husband
and I'm so so excited! I am a hairstylist and today
one of my clients mentioned crop tops not being
okay in the parks. I was planning on wearing bike
shorts and a sports bra almost every day, I hate
being hot, but wondering if that's not okay in the
parks. TIA!
Wear a shirt in public.

What a time to be alive when this is something that needs to be said.

CaptainAmerica

If you're worried about being hot, perhaps you could throw on a racerback? That way you get the athletic feel but don't have to worry about the inconsistency of CMs enforcing the dress code.
Or maybe try wearing something with natural fibers. These "high tech" athletic fabrics aren't doing anything to keep anyone cool. The good Lord gave us cotton, hemp, sheep, cows, worms, and flax for a reason, but everyone wants to wear clothes made of petroleum for some reason.

Pepper's Ghost

I think the main thing is body appropriate. I mean..not everyone can wear I dont even know what their called....vollyball shorts? Spandex shorts? But certainly...some people should NOT wear that...some CAN. I think its all body dependent. Same thing goes for a dude and guys clothing. An athletic guy can pull of short shorts and etc..Others just cant...
I can't believe this comment went nearly unscathed. I'm not a person who screams out "don't body shame". Not at all, but these kinds of thoughts are best left in your brain, and not posted publicly. Most people think it, and those with couth don't say it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom