Dream Squad in the Magic Kingdom Today

wdwishes2005

hm.. Not to self, wear as many hats as possible, and wear disney related stuff..... maybe they will have the first person with a wdwmagic t-shirt?

nibblesandbits

Why was the Dream Squad out if the Year of a Million Dreams Celebration hasnt' started yet? Won't it start October 1st, the day after the Happiest Celebration on Earth ends, or has it started already since you can mail in to enter now?
I think that right now they are just doing practice things. Yes they are real prizes...but not things like winning trips to every Disney park or a DVC membership. As a way of getting ready for the real deal. At least that's what I understand from the talk that's going around

nibblesandbits

But if they're looking for someone who fits a description.. how is it random?

I mean, if it is "person who is walking down pathway.." makes sense, but not "person who is wearing tinkerbell shirt" because i'd never win a prize, because i'd never wear tinkerbell.
I agree with that too. Hopefully the prizes won't just be given to people who are wearing something Disney related. (And I can think of a few ways that they can reward people that don't entail that.) Especially since I don't usually wear Disney clothing.

scorp111

I mean, if it is "person who is walking down pathway.." makes sense, but not "person who is wearing tinkerbell shirt" because i'd never win a prize, because i'd never wear tinkerbell.

That is the most gender discriminatory post I have ever seen on these boards:)

MM Princess

You're just bitter that there's not a party for Epcot. That's not the way they will be deciding all of the prizes. An outside company will be hadinling all of the big ones.

darthjohnny

I think the one cast member who said "they will be wearing a certain something" to qualify was misinformed. I think it deals more where you are in the park, and what exactly you are doing, like sitting at the third puple tea cup at teh Mad Tea Party for example.

If it dealt with what you are wearing, I think it would be more on what hat or possibly if you have pins or Pal Mickeys rather than what is your type of clothing because it could be unfair and gender bias. If it said "someone wearing a tinkerbell shirt," no man could win it, because they would never wear that type of shirt.

I was also wondering, let's say the computer generates an envelope that says someone, somewhere, doing a certain activity, at a certain time. What happens if no one is there? Do they just wait for someone, or do they just not give away a prize? :veryconfu

Frank Stallone

My daughter is on the Dream Squad for Epcot, and her boyfriend is on the Dream Squad for the Studios. They had training last week and have been out in the parks this week just sort of getting used to mingling and being seen.

Unfortunately, because I'm related to a CM I'm not eligible for any of the prizes! :(

Big gulps, huh? Well, see ya later!

WDWRLD

Do it like they did for the 15th celebration...as you entered the park. From reading some of the posts it sounds like "Lets Make A Deal" in the parks.

My daughter is on the Dream Squad for Epcot, and her boyfriend is on the Dream Squad for the Studios. They had training last week and have been out in the parks this week just sort of getting used to mingling and being seen.

Unfortunately, because I'm related to a CM I'm not eligible for any of the prizes! :(

What is her name? I've run into the Dream Squad at Epcot several times...actually, a whole bunch of them stood behind me while I did a Magical Moment outside of The Living Seas and applauded me once the kids walked away. Made me feel special :D

celestia

The Dream Squad isn't the only one that started their surprise gift giveaways. Many of the attractions are participating as well now.

Im so looking forward to my trip on feb 14th of 2007. Its going to be great the dream squad is out and Im proposing to my girlfriend that night at CRT I can't wait. Its going to be a great day.

Epcot82Guy

This makes me so angry that I leave the resort on Oct. 1! :brick: :brick:

Guess I will have to go back in December or sometime after the promotion starts

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think the one cast member who said "they will be wearing a certain something" to qualify was misinformed. I think it deals more where you are in the park, and what exactly you are doing, like sitting at the third puple tea cup at teh Mad Tea Party for example.

If it dealt with what you are wearing, I think it would be more on what hat or possibly if you have pins or Pal Mickeys rather than what is your type of clothing because it could be unfair and gender bias. If it said "someone wearing a tinkerbell shirt," no man could win it, because they would never wear that type of shirt.

I was also wondering, let's say the computer generates an envelope that says someone, somewhere, doing a certain activity, at a certain time. What happens if no one is there? Do they just wait for someone, or do they just not give away a prize? :veryconfu
This is probably one of the bugs that they are trying to work out during this test phase. If they find a certain predetermined criteria is too specific or to general for that matter it could be modified before it becomes game time in October.

spike3169

that sounds like it would be surprisingly fair for a contest lol Maybe everything wont go to the cutest kids in cinderella dresses after all
So I guess we should all plan our wardrobe accordingly and try and have lots of noticable accessories.
Im really excited about it tho I think Id be happy to get a pass holding lanyard thing

Rozzie

Right now the Dream Sqaud is out in the area providing Magical Moments until October 1st. A lot of the CMs in the attractions and other areas are helping the Dream Squad. I know for sure that right now they are letting one child and one adult at random go to the Tower at Small World and wave goodbye to the next set of boats that depart. The prizes won't be just given out by what someone is wearing. They are determined as well by the seat you may be sitting in on an attraction, or what door you come out of in a restaurant or gift shop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom