Dream Squad in the Magic Kingdom Today

GoofyMom2

During our trip last week, I saw CM with magical Moment Certificates at some rides. We also saw a lot of CM in training in MK, being led around and they all had folders/binders. I bet they were Dream Squad Members!

This sounds very cool.....it will definitely bring some big smiles to kids (and adults!)

JoeyGuacamole

During our trip last week, I saw CM with magical Moment Certificates at some rides. We also saw a lot of CM in training in MK, being led around and they all had folders/binders. I bet they were Dream Squad Members!

This sounds very cool.....it will definitely bring some big smiles to kids (and adults!)

Not nessecarily. When I had my training at MGM, I was with a big group and we all had binders and folders and I was just operations.

Magic Maker

All our new Cast Members in the Magic Kingdom receive binders. You happen to see that group on their day after Traditions class called "Once Upon a Time Happens Now" or something like that. They learn the story of MK and each land and learn the importance of their role in the "show".

The binder has a pic of Cindy Caslt ewith clouds bheind it that form a hidden mickey and it says "You can dream, create, and build the most magical place but it takes people to make that dream a reality".

HCitizen

Getting picked by the Dream Team

First thanks for posting your info on The Year of a Million Dreams and the Dream Squad. Really helped add some back ground to what happened to me at the Magic Kingdom.

I was watching my son play in the playground across from the Winnie the Pooh ride. When two cast members came up to me asking if I had been on the Winnie the Pooh ride. My answer was no and they asked which kid was mine and if he would help them find piglet for them. It was all very friendly and casual. I said sure and called my almost 2 year old son over and they had him point out piglet in the tree. Then they asked if we wanted to ride the on the Winnie the Pooh ride. So off we went my son, two cast members and myself. They had a quiet chat real fast with the fast pass line cast member and then asked my son’s name. At that point they brought out a certificate and put my sons name on it and gave it to me. Then sent me down the fast pass line with an “Enjoy the ride”. Never saw them after that.
<O:p
The Certificate has Mickey and Minnie on either side of The Castle poking out of a cloud with the Wald Disney World logo underneath. Under that appears the following:
Where Dreams Come True
Across the miles and over the years, You’ll always remember this
Certifiable Magical Moment from the Walt Disney World Resort.
A name line was below that, now with my son’s name
Another line reading “Your Magical Moment” filled in by Hon. Citizen of 100 Acre Woods.
A third line “awarded by” filled in with Dream Squad – Cindy & Diana
Very cool certificate and I’m sure it will make my son wonder every time he sees it, as he grows older.
After the ride I asked a crew member elsewhere in the park for a bag to protect it and he suggest stopping in the Photo place right by entrance for a folder. I did that, showing the crew members in the photo shop the certificate. They passed it around noting that they had never seen a certificate like that before.
This made me really curious and explains how I ended up here in the forums looking for info.
Now for those wondering if I was profiled, I have no idea. Neither myself or my son were wearing anything Disney at the time and were not wearing hats. As to special uniforms all I can say is they were not wearing the same uniforms as the crew members of the Winnie the Pooh ride. No idea if they had dream squad written all over the place or not.
Have to say I had no clue what I was taking part in. None.
Anyway Cindy & Diana if you happen to read this thanks for the Magic Moment.
HCitizen

DisneySaint

HCitizen,
What you got was that attraction's magical moment. Nearly every attraction several times a day has it's own magic moment that the local CMs will perform. Your child was lucky to get the Pooh one. Simply right place right time - no profiling other than the fact you had a little tyke with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom