Dream Along to close?

psherman42

They just had auditions for dancers not to long ago.

I'd rather have a new show though.
That doesn't necessarily mean anything. If I remember correctly my friend in entertainment knew people who had just finished training for DCR not long before it closed.

I love DAWM but I'm all for a new castle show finally.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
That doesn't necessarily mean anything. If I remember correctly my friend in entertainment knew people who had just finished training for DCR not long before it closed.

I love DAWM but I'm all for a new castle show finally.
My buddy was part of that group. He spent more days training than he did performing.

wogwog

Is there space to build a better stage in the area? One that hopefully doesn't cut off access to the castle throughout the day?

Personally, I'd like to see them just put a stage elsewhere in the park (hey, there's some vacant space near the CoP in Tomorrowland..... ;)) and have the Hub be more open/scenic.

Also, if they are getting rid of DAWM, any chance they are going to use the opportunity to bring Magic Map to WDW? Or a new show altogether?
They had TST containing a great big stage with seating that was destroyed for M & G Mickey and Princesses and another in Tomorrowland near Buzz that was destroyed to make more backstage parking. They have the mostly never used Diamond Horseshoe, although small. They are good at killing stages not so good at building them. They had a great chance at being creative and build one in Fantsyland while expanding the area. Again no imagination any more.

ImagineerDude

Cinderella's Surprise Celebration was the best IMO. I hate the golden arches in front of the castle (Quick! Someone photoshop a McD's in front of the castle).
OMG CSC was my favorite show as a kid! The way they used the castle for Hook and the flags around the stage that changed...so much more interesting. DawM is more elegant and not so "Let's have a party with a bunch of characters without any kids of the kingdom dancers". A little bit of fun is like a gift of laughter and a little bit of help is a gift of a friend, and a little bit of love is more than [insert something I forget] It's just a little bit of me and we'll always be with youuuuu!

secondstartotheright

I have to say my heart sank when I read this. DAWM has always been one of mine and my daughter's favorite things at WDW..it's just so classic disney!! I know it's been on borrowed time for a while now, though.

FerretAfros

Does the Utilidor run under the stage? I wonder if they would consider rebuilding the stage so that it would be accessed from below. I believe this is how the massive stage in Tokyo is done, though they have more room to play with for a stage-level backstage area that doesn't block views. It might be tough to choreograph shows that rely on lifts for all entrances/exits, but it sure would help the sightlines during non-show times

I would assume they would still need to block access through the castle during shows, so that people don't stop on the narrow walkways, but it would allow them to get all of the equipment out of there and wouldn't require the extra curtains across the archways to be set up

COProgressFan

Could this just be another cut in the entertainment budget and gone for good?

My suspicion is that it saves a few entertainment dollars while the hub redevelopment work takes place (gotta make those numbers look good, considering the cost overruns for Nextgen!). Then in a year (or whenever the hub work is complete) a new show takes its place.

This is similar to what was done at DAK, where six months of union entertainment labor is being saved while the new theater for FotLK is built). I wouldn't be surprised by this at all.

Maybe they'll bring back the Kids of the Kingdom ... ;)

joanna71985

I hope not! I love Dream Along

Cinderella's Surprise Celebration was the best IMO. I hate the golden arches in front of the castle (Quick! Someone photoshop a McD's in front of the castle).

Aw, I miss CSC! Such a good show

Does the Utilidor run under the stage? I wonder if they would consider rebuilding the stage so that it would be accessed from below. I believe this is how the massive stage in Tokyo is done, though they have more room to play with for a stage-level backstage area that doesn't block views. It might be tough to choreograph shows that rely on lifts for all entrances/exits, but it sure would help the sightlines during non-show times

I would assume they would still need to block access through the castle during shows, so that people don't stop on the narrow walkways, but it would allow them to get all of the equipment out of there and wouldn't require the extra curtains across the archways to be set up

No it doesn't. The space under the stage does not connect to the tunnel

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom