Dream Along to close?

WDWFigment

I don't think any (unreplaced) loss of entertainment is a good thing, but DAWM isn't exactly my favorite show. Since it's clearly a permanent fixture at this point, it'd be nice if the stage was replaced with something that flows with the rest of Cinderella Castle and doesn't close off access through the Castle during the day.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Might it just be going on a hiatus until the hub redevelopment is done? Or will we get a new castle show? Because the stage isn't going anywhere, and they're gonna use it tired something.

AllydoesDisney

I don't think any (unreplaced) loss of entertainment is a good thing, but DAWM isn't exactly my favorite show. Since it's clearly a permanent fixture at this point, it'd be nice if the stage was replaced with something that flows with the rest of Cinderella Castle and doesn't close off access through the Castle during the day.
Agreed. I hate it when they do that

jrh1985

Looking on YT, the base of that stage has been there since 1981, maybe earlier. Some shows were walkable like Best Of Disney. Others were not. It's not really a new thing for the castle to be closed for shows. Now, in between shows is another story. However, I don't think we should give TDO any ideas of getting rid of it just because it roped off. They're other ways to Fantasyland. It's the last stage in MK!

AllydoesDisney

Looking on YT, the base of that stage has been there since 1981, maybe earlier. Some shows were walkable like Best Of Disney. Others were not. It's not really a new thing for the castle to be closed for shows. Now, in between shows is another story. However, I don't think we should give TDO any ideas of getting rid of it just because it roped off. They're other ways to Fantasyland. It's the last stage in MK!
They should do another Best of Disney

CJR

I wouldn't mind it if it's temporary, just so I can walk through the castle again at a more reasonable time.

LongtimeReader

Does the Utilidor run under the stage? I wonder if they would consider rebuilding the stage so that it would be accessed from below. I believe this is how the massive stage in Tokyo is done, though they have more room to play with for a stage-level backstage area that doesn't block views.

Tokyo has no access to almost anything underground. There is one tunnel the runs the width of the park but doesn't go near the castle. All of the castle performers have to march all the way through fantasyland in costume to get to the stage, which, like MK, is blocked off for all showtimes. MK performers can access their backstage area inside the castle via utilidor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom