News Dragon caught fire in today’s Festival of Fantasy parade

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know they would often run half pack. But it’s my understanding that even when running half packs there was always at least one full set in rotation.
Not that I’m aware of but I’ll ask.
Originally the RCS had to run a full pack (A and B) all the time. It was adjusted to handle B show only, and A didn’t have to run for this. An empty half pack would run but only if load ended with not enough guests. If that was the case it was protocol that guests should ride A (bandit). Empty cars would be stored in the maintenance storage spur and in the theatre. The latter could be dropped quickly back into an AB show if needed.

Bigart

Sorry to report, but 2 days ago Maleficent failed its latest Reedy Creek FD fire safety inspection and fire test. Rehearsals have subsequently been cancelled for the time being, and Mal is back to the shop. This will further delay a return that was otherwise expected within days.

The return of the fire effect has always been intended. Paris's is operational, and WDW Entertainment is still fully aware of another dragon fire effect that takes place at a competitor's nearby park. Somehow Maleficent was cleared to spit fire back before her debut in 2014 despite not having an onboard Halon fire suppression system. That has now changed for obvious reasons, and RCFD is not playing any games this time. However, when Maleficent finally returns, she will have that nasty orange breath that we are used to.

Last edited:

THE Monorail Lime

Sorry to report, but 2 days ago Maleficent failed its latest Reedy Creek FD fire safety inspection and fire test. Rehearsals have subsequently been cancelled for the time being, and Mal is back to the shop. This will further delay a return that was otherwise expected within days.

The return of the fire effect has always been intended. Paris's is operational, and WDW Entertainment is still fully aware of another dragon fire effect that takes place at a competitor's nearby park. Somehow Maleficent was cleared to spit fire back before her debut in 2014 despite not having an onboard Halon fire suppression system. That has now changed for obvious reasons, and RCFD is not playing any games this time. When Maleficent finally returns, she will have that nasty orange breath that we are used to.
:cry:

stini228

The return of the fire effect has always been intended. Paris's is operational, and WDW Entertainment is still fully aware of another dragon fire effect that takes place at a competitor's nearby park. Somehow Maleficent was cleared to spit fire back before her debut in 2014 despite not having an onboard Halon fire suppression system. That has now changed for obvious reasons, and RCFD is not playing any games this time. However, when Maleficent finally returns, she will have that nasty orange breath that we are used to.

WHAT??!! They are so nuts ab safety...weird.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…

Ah, it doesn’t need a fire suppression system - those things are costly and over-rated, besides what’s the odds that it’s actually going to catch fire...........err, never mind.....

mikeymouse

It’s my understanding that there was always one vehicle set running the cowboy scene. Just not every dispatch.

I always knew it by ... if there were 2 sets of vehicles at load/unload, try to get in the set closer to the neon sign. The first would pass the gangster scene and have the western show. The 2nd set of vehicles would come in from behind and stop at the gangster scene. If there was only one set of vehicles at load/unload, they were only running one show. Their position would indicate which scene. Closest to the neon sign, western. Closest to ride exit, gangster.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom