News Dragon caught fire in today’s Festival of Fantasy parade

spectrodanny

I always knew it by ... if there were 2 sets of vehicles at load/unload, try to get in the set closer to the neon sign. The first would pass the gangster scene and have the western show. The 2nd set of vehicles would come in from behind and stop at the gangster scene. If there was only one set of vehicles at load/unload, they were only running one show. Their position would indicate which scene. Closest to the neon sign, western. Closest to ride exit, gangster.

uhh, how'd this thread go from being about the "Festival Of Fantasy" dragon to the "Great Movie Ride"?

note2001

The way the bus driver told me it is, due to her extended disability, Mal not only needs to get documentation from her doctor saying she's suited to go back to work, but needs to re-audition for the role and there is quite the list of characters applying. So far Mushu is the top pick.

1542467346936.png

note2001

End of nov, still no dragon. Maybe it blew up into flames again during testing? :cautious::hilarious::hilarious:
I'm thinking they're going to wait until after the holidays now.
Shame, as the dragon really is the exclamation point on the entire parade. Without her there I have zero interest in stopping to watch.

jrhwdw

End of nov, still no dragon. Maybe it blew up into flames again during testing? :cautious::hilarious::hilarious:
I'm thinking they're going to wait until after the holidays now.
Shame, as the dragon really is the exclamation point on the entire parade. Without her there I have zero interest in stopping to watch.
I might have a guess on the dragon's return date, FOF is strangely scheduled twice on the 15th, the Saturday before the last MVMCP(could be a typo of course) Might MK have media that day for the return? If not then the deadline should be New Years Day 2019!(if it can be safety done)

What I don't understand is why MK didn't keep Sleeping Beauty and the 3 Fairies in FOF during the party season!!!! It's not like the gazebo float is totally off limits......

mm52200

I might have a guess on the dragon's return date, FOF is strangely scheduled twice on the 15th, the Saturday before the last MVMCP(could be a typo of course) Might MK have media that day for the return? If not then the deadline should be New Years Day 2019!(if it can be safety done)

What I don't understand is why MK didn't keep Sleeping Beauty and the 3 Fairies in FOF during the party season!!!! It's not like the gazebo float is totally off limits......

The double FoF on 12/15 is because of projected high attendance.

TrojanUSC

Can't imagine it's the kind of thing they'd want media attention for. "Hey remember that float which burst into flame? It's back!"

jrhwdw

Can't imagine it's the kind of thing they'd want media attention for. "Hey remember that float which burst into flame? It's back!"
IDK why Is DCA putting up media stands for what might be WOC's return when the fountain platforms fell apart during a only a couple month referb?

TrojanUSC

IDK why Is DCA putting up media stands for what might be WOC's return when the fountain platforms fell apart during a only a couple month referb?

There's a difference between what was a scheduled refurb that took way, way longer than expected and a very public/hazardous fire. I'm sure whatever media they are doing is about the "new and improved" show. Journalists will almost certainly connect the dots with the float.

jrhwdw

If it's not done by News Year's Day. Maybe City Hall should know about it! Same with Santa's Sleigh in ACF in DL! That was not good but minor compared to the dragon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom