News Dragon caught fire in today’s Festival of Fantasy parade

Seabasealpha1

Would have never caught fire if they would have just made sure she had taken her Prilosec that morning...
00615001.jpeg

mm52200

They sure made this refurbishment drag-on.
I know this was just a pun but I can assure you they intentionally haven’t been taking any longer than needed. They want to make sure she’s safe, and the proper steps and process towards getting her back in parade take a little while.

Squishy

This parade really should go down for a refurb.. For the past week I've been seeing a lot of broken elements, Like the 2 spinning scenes in the first float have been on & off this past week and one side of the peterpan unit's cannons have also been on & off this past week..

GlacierGlacier

This parade really should go down for a refurb.. For the past week I've been seeing a lot of broken elements, Like the 2 spinning scenes in the first float have been on & off this past week and one side of the peterpan unit's cannons have also been on & off this past week..
It really doesn't need to "go down for a refurbishment." It's a parade. A lot of repairs can be done during the 18 hours a day it's not in use.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Maybe if the head was made of of a metal or aluminum that fire would have never happened and there would be minor repairs. It would also help if they just took the time to check or change out that hardware once in a while, just to show how much a multi million dollar company takes care of its toys.

peter11435

Maybe if the head was made of of a metal or aluminum that fire would have never happened and there would be minor repairs. It would also help if they just took the time to check or change out that hardware once in a while, just to show how much a multi million dollar company takes care of its toys.
Are you aware of the inspection schedule for the dragons firing system? Have you seen official reports of exactly what failed?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
What is the likelihood of the dragon returning flame-less? Pyro flame effects have a history of vanishing in the parks.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Besides Kali I’m unaware of fire effects being removed from a show or attraction.

Settler's cabin. Not sure if there were other instances. I'm probably forgetting something. Kali effects turned off was a major blow to the attraction. Settler's not so much but it was still turned off. I just wonder if, like the cabin, Disney decides to swap our Dragon's flame effects for something "safer" like lighted fog or if they decide to do nothing at all.

Last edited:

peter11435

Settler's cabin. Not sure if there were other instances. I'm probably forgetting something. Kali effects turned off was a major blow to the attraction. Settler's not so much but it was still turned off. I just wonder if, like the cabin, Disney decides to swap our Dragon's flame effects for something "safer" like lighted fog or if they decide to do nothing at all.
I did forget about the cabin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom