downtown disney to a park on the bus?

Who can use Disney Transportation

Whether or not you can "legally" use WDW's transportation system depends on two things. First, all "park hopper" admission media permits the bearer to use WDW's transportation. Annual Pass holders, for example, are permitted full use of the system. Second, guests of Disney-owned and operated resorts are permitted full use of the system during the duration of their stay.

Link

Yeah, I get that. The OP wanted to know about skipping parking fees and using Disney transportation to do that. This is the "arguement."

have read on another forum that you can catch a bus from dtd to the parks? is that correct? i wouldnt think it would be as people would park there for free and then catch the buses, and im sure disney would be aware of that. i thought dtd buses only went to resorts?

ddbutts1

We were at DTD on May 2 and they had a sign at the Marketplace stop that said if you wanted to go to any of the parks that you could use the Port Orleans bus and transfer to a park bus, but this was only offered until 11:30 am.

krankenstein

Yeah, I get that. The OP wanted to know about skipping parking fees and using Disney transportation to do that. This is the "arguement."

I understand what the OP was talking about. However, your posts have implied that you thought Disney Transportation was only for people staying on site. That is why I was pointing out it was for people with tickets too.

To me, the whole parking at DtD and using the busses is kind of a gray area. It is obvious that it is discouraged, but I have not seen any rule or policy against it. :shrug:

I understand what the OP was talking about. However, your posts have implied that you thought Disney Transportation was only for people staying on site. That is why I was pointing out it was for people with tickets too.

To me, the whole parking at DtD and using the busses is kind of a gray area. It is obvious that it is discouraged, but I have not seen any rule or policy against it. :shrug:
I agree totally and the Official Disney resort web page states that its a complimentary service for guest. It doesn't say it is just for guests though and I was maybe reading in to it. How would it be enforced if they did have a policy? I always hear rules are made to be broken and where there's a will there's a way, but one thing for sure, I won't do it.

krankenstein

I agree totally and the Official Disney resort web page states that its a complimentary service for guest. It doesn't say it is just for guests though and I was maybe reading in to it. How would it be enforced if they did have a policy? I always hear rules are made to be broken and where there's a will there's a way, but one thing for sure, I won't do it.

That's the problem, I do not see how it can be enforced. Everything that has been suggested comes with major headaches or penalties to people. Until Disney decides to start checking tickets, KTW, and ADRs as you get on the buses, it won't be.

The Mom

Premium Member
Once upon a time, the WDW transportation WAS limited to hotel guests. You could board the monorail between TTC & MK, MK & Epcot, and the boat to MK, but nothing else.
Of course, there wasn't much of anything else way back when. :lol:

NiarrNDisney

Disney used to offer buses between the parks and downtown disney. However, people abused it to avoid parking fees and they stopped it. If you need to get from DTD to a park, just take a bus to the nearest resort and then go to the park from there. Since you are a resort guest, there is no harm in doing this either. I have often walked to the Contemporary from the MK in order to get to DTD. I will even do this sometimes when I am going from the Studios or AK to the MK, because the walk from the Contemporary is often shorter than waiting and taking the monorail from the TTC.

Back in March my friend and I needed to get to DTD as fast as possible and our bus had just left and the next one was going to take forever so we were instructed by a security officer to get on the Saratoga Springs Resort bus and from there it was just a short walk.

That's the problem, I do not see how it can be enforced. Everything that has been suggested comes with major headaches or penalties to people. Until Disney decides to start checking tickets, KTW, and ADRs as you get on the buses, it won't be.
Not to mention making a lot of people very angry. You stated in an earlier post that this topic had been discussed before. Do you recall when this was discussed? I couldn't find it on this board.

Great debate bud!!!

Once upon a time, the WDW transportation WAS limited to hotel guests. You could board the monorail between TTC & MK, MK & Epcot, and the boat to MK, but nothing else.
Of course, there wasn't much of anything else way back when. :lol:
So, Mom, what is your opinion on this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom