Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignohippo

True, but RSR and Monsters Inc will have height requirements. IMO, a D/E family friendly friendly ride without a height requirement is the biggest need for DHS. Adding an LPS ride to Pixar Place or a Star Wars area seems to be a very logical decision, it just sounds like there are no plans for this.

Agreed totally. I know I'm in the minority, but I would actually be looking more forward to Radiator Springs than RSR. It'd be a shame if we don't get the entire town. The town would be something the whole family could enjoy.

Even if they add some cheap off-the-shelf rides (and theme them as only Disney can do), they need to add more things for the little ones. A real ToonTown perhaps?

TarzanRocked99-

Oh...that's my cue!

Ahem...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! FAIL!!!!

;)

(Joking...yet serious...)

I guess my honest question is Why Not? I mean seriously they have enough demand to make perhaps a trifecto of Adult Only offerings work and they know this would be a fanboi dream come true, so why not. I think the Ad Club, Comedy Wharehouse and a dance club (hybrid of Motion/8-trax) would do well and really eleveate some of the longstanding hurt left over from closing the island.

Atomicmickey

This will be nice. It looks nice. I will go there and enjoy it.

But, it is shops and restaurants. Stores. Retail.
Attractions in the parks would be nicer.

Everything they've built lately has been something to CHARGE FOR, with the exception
of Little Mermaid and Belle (and upcoming Mine Ride). Restaurants, DVC, Africa Trek--
everything's an upcharge, or a restaurant, or a store. Seems like attractions are an
afterthought at this point.

I would really like to see some new attractions being announced, please. Thank you. :)

wdw71fan

Project is supposed to be well under-way by mid summer, project to be 16-19 months or heavy construction in various phases... Capt Jacks will close sooner rather than later as the new bridge, and other additions will be on the front end of the work to allow guests to walk through the new path during construction (lots of guest flow problems are anticipated)..

Also, earth moving equipment will be everywhere near the Springs themselves for roughly 6 months or so... It's not a simple 'dig a hole and fill it with water' project.. it's got a LOT of detail, and topography.. Not just 'flat'....

Ignohippo

Everything they've built lately has been something to CHARGE FOR, with the exception
of Little Mermaid and Belle (and upcoming Mine Ride). Restaurants, DVC, Africa Trek--
everything's an upcharge, or a restaurant, or a store. Seems like attractions are an

I would really like to see some new attractions being announced, please. Thank you. :)

Agreed, but I'm hoping they're treated as two totally seperrate things. I don't see the expansion to DTD as something that would make them decide not to add an attraction to the parks.

Ignohippo

Project is supposed to be well under-way by mid summer, project to be 16-19 months or heavy construction in various phases... Capt Jacks will close sooner rather than later as the new bridge, and other additions will be on the front end of the work to allow guests to walk through the new path during construction (lots of guest flow problems are anticipated)..

Also, earth moving equipment will be everywhere near the Springs themselves for roughly 6 months or so... It's not a simple 'dig a hole and fill it with water' project.. it's got a LOT of detail, and topography.. Not just 'flat'....

I would imagine the parking garages will be completed first?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

No doubt it is going to be a mess while it is being built, but I cant wait to see the end product.

SirLink

I see this as a necessary evil, they needed to fix parking and the congestion around DTD area if it helps that then it is one thing off the list and D23 we will see the pans for the "makeover" for DHS

Atomicmickey

I see this as a necessary evil, they needed to fix parking and the congestion around DTD area if it helps that then it is one thing off the list and D23 we will see the pans for the "makeover" for DHS

I know, I know. I tried to make the post not all "doom and gloom".
I really think that this is needed in general, and as I said, I think it will
look nice and I will visit.

It's sorta like the Tangled bathrooms, etc. Nice, needed, well done. Golf clap.

None of this stuff is what'll make me book a new trip to WDW, though.
New attractions will drive that.

Golf clap.

Tigger1988

Any idea how this will effect the Festival of the Masters in November?

Virtual Toad

I guess my honest question is Why Not? I mean seriously they have enough demand to make perhaps a trifecto of Adult Only offerings work and they know this would be a fanboi dream come true, so why not. I think the Ad Club, Comedy Club and a dance club (hybrid of Motion/8-trax) would do well and really eleveate some of the longstanding hurt left over from closing the island.

But then they would actually be listening to their customers! Haven't you realized that those MBAs have to know everything about everything all the time? ;)

muteki

My question: where is everyone going to park while the 2 new garges are built? You really can't afford to loose 2 lots. Parking already sucks there!!

Do them 1 at a time, probably starting with the west side first. It will be a major inconvenience no matter what, unless you stay at POR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom