Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

RSR, Ratatouille, and the proposed Monsters Coaster are far from being thrill rides. Indy is the only one that fits that bill.
True, but RSR and Monsters Inc will have height requirements. IMO, a D/E family friendly friendly ride without a height requirement is the biggest need for DHS. Adding an LPS ride to Pixar Place or a Star Wars area seems to be a very logical decision, it just sounds like there are no plans for this.

Ignohippo

Or a step even further and wonder why Disney seems so averse to creating animatronic themed restaurant of their own instead of a 3rd party built one.

It's a great question. They have no problems with opening restaurants inside the parks, why not outside. Adventurer's Club as a restaurant would have been perfect at the front of AK.

djlaosc

I think an expansion to WoD will help things in that regard. It will be more spacious, and can be better organised. Will be interesting to see how that pans out.

I know that it would never happen, but I would love for World of Disney to be knocked down, and separated into separate buildings...

Move the videogames from Once Upon A Toy into the Disneyquest store
Move the toys from World of Disney into Once Upon A Toy
Move the pins from World of Disney into Disney Pin Traders
Move the homewhere from World of Disney into Mickey's Pantry
Move the sweets from World of Disney into Goofy's Candy Company
etc.

...World of Disney is like a claustrophobic, cluttered, less organised Ikea, you need to grab anything that you may be remotely interested in, because you aren't going to be able to find it again...

If an expansion will solve this problem, then great, if it's just going to add further rooms, then not - I would rather have 9 separate stores than 1 gigantic store.

bethymouse

Man- what a thread!:eek:
I guess I've never been a huge fan of DTD, so I am not looking forward to a huge project here.:( I wish they'd do something about Avatarland and/or Carsland.:(

GrumpyFan

I know that it would never happen, but I would love for World of Disney to be knocked down, and separated into separate buildings...

Move the videogames from Once Upon A Toy into the Disneyquest store
Move the toys from World of Disney into Once Upon A Toy
Move the pins from World of Disney into Disney Pin Traders
Move the homewhere from World of Disney into Mickey's Pantry
Move the sweets from World of Disney into Goofy's Candy Company
etc.

...World of Disney is like a claustrophobic, cluttered, less organised Ikea, you need to grab anything that you may be remotely interested in, because you aren't going to be able to find it again...

If an expansion will solve this problem, then great, if it's just going to add further rooms, then not - I would rather have 9 separate stores than 1 gigantic store.

Great idea! But, you're right, it will never happen. I fear they're going to turn it into a Wal-Mart sized super store.

Personally, I find WoD to be too big already and nauseatingly overwhelming. It's just overload for me, and I wind up not buying anything at all in there. At times it feels like I'm in Wal-Mart on Black Friday. My wife doesn't understand, because she loves it, but I just can't take it, unless it's just really slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom