Double-decker back at MK

The Duck

Nice...Now let's refurb the World Showcase ones...or get 'em out of the junkyard.
I would have loved to have ridden the bus around World Showcase but every single time that I was at Epcot, they were completely full. It seemed like no one wanted to exit at any of the countries, they just wanted to ride around the WS Lagoon.

Goofyernmost

Why is it always so easy to call other people stupid?

Maybe they just need to raise ticket prices 20% to help cut the crowds down?
I have given your post some serious thought and your know you are correct...em...wait a minute. No, the problem is because people are stupid and burdened by heavy doses of entitlement. Combine the two and you have unending restrictions piled upon the majority that now have to settle for second best because the stutitled of the world have to be protected from themselves.:(

MouseDreaming

Every time we have been there with the kids, I haven't seen vehicles out. Maybe for our June trip? I have missed them, but the kids don't know any better.

YankeeMouse

So good to have it back, how long has it been out of service?
A couple of weeks ago, we got onto the trolley at the last minute, got onto the standing spot in the back. It turned out it was Fritz the draft horse's final day after 14 years of service! Never been on the horse-drawn trolley in over 100+ visits. Special.

NewfieFan

There's a double decker bus for the MK!?! I had no idea! Why have I never seen or heard of this!?! I remember the ones at WS back in the day. I rode it as a teenager with my parents on a trip back in the early 90s.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Every time we have been there with the kids, I haven't seen vehicles out. Maybe for our June trip? I have missed them, but the kids don't know any better.
Generally, IF they're going to be out, it is early in the morning (park open), until just before the first Dream Along with Mickey or Move It, Shake It, performance. During my visit April 18-25, I also noticed that a couple of vehicles were also out in the early evening. They definitely add so much to the Main Street "experience". If you see them out, hop on board, and then make sure to visit City Hall and let them know how much it added to Main Street AND how much you enjoyed them.

mpaul32001

The only time I remember seeing a double decker bus was at Epcot and it was used for what I think was call characters on parade.

Funny part is, this is actually one of the Double Decker's from Epcot. If you ever get a chance ask the driver to see the center of the steering wheel. If it's still there after the refurbishment, you should see a familiar logo!

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
For some strange reason, I'm thinking that the one of the original double decker's for Epcot was actually "borrowed" from the MK. It seems that when Epcot opened, the MK was mysteriously down one tall vehicle. I wonder if a certain Brit knows if this is the case......

mikeymouse

There are a few youtubes of the World Showcase Transportation omnibuses. Nothing HD due to the quality of video during that time period. Let me know if anyone wants them.

Clever Name

There should be no vehicles running on main street along with pedestrians. If they intend to run any sort of vehicle, they should cordon off the area (as they do with parades) for safety.

The world showcase buses were a major headache and I'm glad they got rid of them.

Goofyernmost

There should be no vehicles running on main street along with pedestrians. If they intend to run any sort of vehicle, they should cordon off the area (as they do with parades) for safety.

The world showcase buses were a major headache and I'm glad they got rid of them.
Yea, it is such a hassle to have to get out of the way of a moving vehicle the size of a bus. It's amazing how they sneak up on ya! :eek:

Clever Name

Yea, it is such a hassle to have to get out of the way of a moving vehicle the size of a bus. It's amazing how they sneak up on ya! :eek:
I can walk faster than the buses can move from one load point to another. The problem is that people are forced to move out of the way as the buses (or other vehicles) pass. It causes unnecessary congestion. You end up having too many people competing for too little space on both sides of Main Street USA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom