Don't you hate it when...

WDWScottieBoy

Corrus said:
Walt Disney World
Disneyland

I had never heard this until my past trip, and it wasn't even at WDW. We had just landed at MCO and had an excellent flight attendant on board, and he told us upon arriving at the gate that there is no need to rush because Disneyland is still open. I had liked him all the way up 'til then, but I smiled and didn't say anything although I should've. He's still one of the best flight attendants I've ever had, besides the one BIG mistake. Oh, and I kept hearing guests ask where ToT was in MK.

Horizons1

Two things. A friend of mine asked me if i had ever been to the Disney World in Hawaii. I was like no because there is only ONE Disney World and its Walt Disney World. And there is no Disney anything in Hawaii. She says oh I thought the was another Disney World in Hawaii. At that moment my head suddenly exploded. Second thing was one time while i was waiting in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris someone asked a CM, Are the animals real? Odd enough my head once again exploded, needless to say it was a pretty big mess and I gotta be careful because at any time it could explode again. Oh and how could i forget the all time classic that i hear from alot of my friends.Friends: "How could you like the old Epcot its was soo....." Me:Its EPCOT Center not Epcot" Friends:"Yeah whatever but how could you like the old Epcot it was boring and full of stupid slow moving baby rides" *A short silence falls followed by my eyes changing red and me going in terminate all EPCOT Center haters mode* Me:"Must destroy all whom oppose EPCOT Center." At this moment everyone else scatters in fear of losing their lives. ;)

Merlin

Account Suspended
Wilt Dasney said:
I don't think I'll ever understand why this bothers people.

Why is someone's lack of knowledge about a pretty trivial subject like an attraction name disturbing to you? It doesn't make them dumb, just means they're more interested in riding the ride than studying it.

And I call SE the big ball all the time. I like how it sounds.

WELL SAID, Wilt Dasney!!!! As I've been reading the various posts on this thread, I have to say it is almost FRIGHTENING how angry people are getting over such a little thing. I mean, people are writing things like, "I wanted to hit something", and "It really tics me off"...I mean really! Aren't there bigger things to get upset about in life?

I think it is humorous when people refer to attractions by the wrong names (and other similar mistakes). But it certainly doesn't BOTHER me. I think if it bothers you that much, then you should take a look at yourself and ask whether maybe you're hung up on some type of superiority complex. Some of the responses people described on this thread just sounded to me like arrogance rather than intelligence. I was at Six Flags one time with a friend and I was telling her about an episode of Star Trek that I'd seen that I really liked. Some hardcore Star Trek fans were within earshot of us and they arrogantly corrected me, in front of my friend and everyone else, on some insignificant detail that had no impact whatsoever on my enjoyment or understanding of the episode. Afterward, it didn't seem to me that anyone looked up to these people as "experts". Instead, they just kind of came across as jerks.

Also, it's always a good idea to look at the common denominator. If so many people are referring to WDW as "Disney World" (and I feel pretty safe in stating that MOST people do), then maybe it's DISNEY that needs to do a better job of educating people on the correct name. Likewise with many of the names of attractions.

Lastly, to the person who said you really hate it when people get the names of Sleeping Beauty Castle and Cinderella Castle mixed up....You might be interested to know that Walt himself once mistakenly referred to Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle as "Snow White's Castle". This is on film in a Disney TV special and was reported in the Dave Smith trivia section of Disney Magazine a couple of years ago. I think that supports the philosophy that it's really not that big a deal, don't you think?

Okay, as Dennis Miller says, "Sorry to get off on a rant here."

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Parallels

StevenT said:
A woman on Sunset Blvd. says "I want to ride Aerosmith"

I really wanted to alert her to the fact that it is Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, and Aerosmith is a band.

Yes, lets all go ride the band.

Sounds like a runon from the
making out on rides
thread.

bgraham34

It hate this with everything not just Disney. When both parties are wrong or one party just insists they are right. I always keep my mouth shut but one day i will blow.

Wilt Dasney

The other day, I was standing in line for Splash Mountain, since it's my favorite ride in Tomorrowland. I heard this couple walk by discussing where they were going to eat. Well, since the Tusker House was just a few steps away over in New Orleans Square, I suggested they go there. They looked at me like I was crazy and kept going. It made me so upset that I left and rode the monorail over to Disney/Paramount Studios, so I could just go on Back to the Future and forget about the whole thing. Unfortunately, there were a ton of kids blocking the entryway trying to get Woody Woodpecker's autograph, so it took me about 5 minutes just to fight my way in. Later, I decided I wanted to pick up some Parrothead merchandise, so I went over to Downtown Disney to shop at Margaritaville for a bit. However, because of a gas main leak at the Bob Marley Club, they had the whole area closed off. Finally, I decided I'd just had enough of Disney, so I went over to Epcot to ride Mission to Mars and hang out in the Switzerland pavilion. All in all, an eventful day...oh, and I agree with all the folks in this thread. If you can't GET IT RIGHT, then just STAY AWAY from our Walt Disney World!!! I'm glad I'm among people here who KNOW what's going on. :wave:

I was on the bus one time and this teenager starts talking to his friends about how big WDW is, so he says:

"Yeah I read somewhere there's enough room here to build another 63 theme parks."

That be like heaven for me. If your going to lie, make it sound SOMEWHAT believable.

Captain Hank

Getting back to the original topic for this thread, my friend and I once had a several month (off and on) argument about whether certain theme park tickets would yield unlimited fastpasses. I finally convinced him that no, all tickets are created equal.

Oh, by the way, while working I've encountered many misinformed people. I've had to tell people that we don't carry Shrek or Looney Tunes merchandise. Also, I heard a guest talking about having breakfast with the characters at the "Continental Hotel." Normally I would have asked him where the "Continental" was, but he was in a group that decided to have a family reunion right in front of the box office (registers) as we closed. They stuck around for a good ten minutes while my manager subtly counted the registers, and another cast member partially closed the security doors. :fork:

RnRJoe6114

This is just funny. I was on the bus to Epcot, and this, i would say 15-17 year old girl, saw the big ball as she reffered to it and said it's like something from child-hood, the funny part was she was embarrased because she said it so loud that everyone just stopped talking and looked right at her.

loading890

Why exactly does this stuff "anger" certain people? Who cares if somebody doesnt display the disney knowledge of the people on this board? Stop worrying about other people and have a good time. I'm sure the "ignorant" are enjoying themselves regardless of their lack of disney IQ.

Not For Sale

When I was riding on Mission Space with 3 other people that I didn't know. One of them kept asking me what position I was when there are lights going over your head saying your position. It went like this (in no perticular order): "Are you the captain?" light goes over his mother's head "captain" "no"; "Are you the Navigator?" light goes over his sisters head "Navigator" "no"; "Are you the Commander?" (I think that was the position) light goes over his head "Commander" "nope"; "Are you the Engineer?" light goes over my head "Engineer" "yes"; "So what am I?" "Commander" "Oh..."

He went on later to get confused about how to pull down an over the shoulder restraint.

JBSLJames

I think one of the things I hate is when you are having some ice cream waiting for the parade and someone comes up next to you an lights up a cancer stick. Nothing like Marboro flavored ice cream. . .Y U M M Y.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Back to topic?

*buys Merlin a beer from the Rose and Thorn...err, the Sword and Crown...err, you know, that bar in World Showplace* Wilt Dasney

Do you mean the one at the England pavilion?

Also enjoyed your trip report:

The other day, I was standing in line for Splash Mountain, since it's my favorite ride in Tomorrowland. I heard this couple walk by discussing where they were going to eat. Well, since the Tusker House was just a few steps away over in New Orleans Square, I suggested they go there. They looked at me like I was crazy and kept going. It made me so upset that I left and rode the monorail over to Disney/Paramount Studios, so I could just go on Back to the Future and forget about the whole thing. Unfortunately, there were a ton of kids blocking the entryway trying to get Woody Woodpecker's autograph, so it took me about 5 minutes just to fight my way in. Later, I decided I wanted to pick up some Parrothead merchandise, so I went over to Downtown Disney to shop at Margaritaville for a bit. However, because of a gas main leak at the Bob Marley Club, they had the whole area closed off. Finally, I decided I'd just had enough of Disney, so I went over to Epcot to ride Mission to Mars and hang out in the Switzerland pavilion. All in all, an eventful day...oh, and I agree with all the folks in this thread. If you can't GET IT RIGHT, then just STAY AWAY from our Walt Disney World!!! I'm glad I'm among people here who KNOW what's going on. Wilt Dasney

Now back to topic, what about cell phones. What need do you have for them on vacation in the parks? Not near as bad as DL, but please...

Raven66

StevenT said:
The one I hate the most:

Refering to the Magic Kingdom simply as Disney World.

I have to defend this one....................when I was younger (much much younger :lookaroun ) The only thing there was Magic Kingdom. They were almost done with Epcot. But anyway, it was referred to as Disney World. We said we were going to Disney World and that meant Magic Kingdom. I find myself slipping and calling it Disney World. I do try to say the park I mean tho.

PhilharMagician

"I haven't seen Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck yet! Do you know when they will be comming out?" Now this is when the Disney fan beats the unknowing vacationer with a turkey leg. :brick:

disneybuff100

Account Suspended
Wilt Dasney said:
The other day, I was standing in line for Splash Mountain, since it's my favorite ride in Tomorrowland. I heard this couple walk by discussing where they were going to eat. Well, since the Tusker House was just a few steps away over in New Orleans Square, I suggested they go there. They looked at me like I was crazy and kept going. It made me so upset that I left and rode the monorail over to Disney/Paramount Studios, so I could just go on Back to the Future and forget about the whole thing. Unfortunately, there were a ton of kids blocking the entryway trying to get Woody Woodpecker's autograph, so it took me about 5 minutes just to fight my way in. Later, I decided I wanted to pick up some Parrothead merchandise, so I went over to Downtown Disney to shop at Margaritaville for a bit. However, because of a gas main leak at the Bob Marley Club, they had the whole area closed off. Finally, I decided I'd just had enough of Disney, so I went over to Epcot to ride Mission to Mars and hang out in the Switzerland pavilion. All in all, an eventful day...oh, and I agree with all the folks in this thread. If you can't GET IT RIGHT, then just STAY AWAY from our Walt Disney World!!! I'm glad I'm among people here who KNOW what's going on. :wave:

So True

MissM

The two things that bug me are referring to WDW as Disneyland and referring to Magic Kingdom as "Disney World." It's may be nit-picky but it's just...annoying.

I don't correct people and it's not like it ruins my day, but still. It's annoying.
-m

PhilharMagician said:
"I haven't seen Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck yet! Do you know when they will be comming out?" Now this is when the Disney fan beats the unknowing vacationer with a turkey leg. :brick:

In my opinion you can't compare the two... Disney World is so much better for several reasons, it is more family oriented, magical and everyone is just so pleasant their it really is like being in a fantasyland... Well actually you are in fantasyland Hehehe.... anyway, When I think of Great America I think of those people who work the rides that are no where near as kind, pleasant and as presentable as those in Disney... Disney is Magical and Great America is more of just thrill rides which by the way are not very safe.... Disney has shows and fireworks and magic... It always bugs me when people i know say Great America is better than Disney World.. Disney is magic, Great America is sometimes death (unsafe rides).... they really need to do something about this....

Angie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom