Don't you hate it when...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by SIR90210
....Then we can go to Universal-MGM Studios and have lunch in Cinderella's Castle. [/QUOTE

Right! and Men IN Black is in Disney World... and Buzz Space Ranger Spin is in Universal... :lol: :hammer:

Grrrrr trust me... I have heard some doozies. :lol: :brick:

It is sad when people really don't know the names of the rides i have heard Spaceship earth called "the big ball" I mean it isn't their fault but if they are in Epcot they really should know the names of the rides they are about to go on. I feel bad that they were brought up thinking that Spaceship Earth was just the big ball..... my family like memorizes the names of rides as well as locations (frontierland, Fantasy) ...They made me memorize them to.. LOL... we even quiz each other and stuff... we are a little weird

VacationMan

Okay... you know, when you hear two people talking about things, and they are both wrong... You KNOW its better to send them even futher off course.... with Even more Dis-information....

Even though you KNOW the correct info.

:fork:

LOL.... Of course I may not be able to help myself... and just do it..... Unless my wife in next to me, and I'll get an elbow in the ribs....

:goodnevil

:D

StevenT

Sadly too many people in this world suffer from the disorder I like to call "The Authorative Complex"

basically this states that anybody with athority over you (or in some cases your equals) thinks that they are always right even if you are more knowlegable on the subject in question.

SIR90210

My favorite is the people who think the parking lot theme at the dinosaur carnival in Disney's zoo is clever. :fork: :brick: :fork: :brick:

Pigtails

Originally posted by StevenT
The one I hate the most:

Refering to the Magic Kingdom simply as Disney World.

Example "What park are we going to today?"
"Disney World"

Ooh, I so agree with you! I HATE that! A couple weeks ago, right outside the entrance to Epcot, I head a woman say to her boyfriend, "From here we can take a tram to Disney World." :brick:

I felt like saying, "And where do you think you are now?"

And once I overheard in Epcot, "I can't believe they torn down that beautiful castle, and put up that stupid ball!" Argh!

I can't believe that people will spend so much money on a vacation, and not do the littlest bit of research to find out about the place they're spending so much money on!

StevenT

Originally posted by Pigtails

And once I overheard in Epcot, "I can't believe they torn down that beautiful castle, and put up that stupid ball!" Argh!

That's a new one on me, and that is pretty bad!
I have also heard people get Sleeping Beauty Castle and Cinderella Castle confused :brick:

Another one I remember from somebody in the Magic Kingdom:
"Where's that movie ride thing in the chinese theater at?"

I've also heard Tommorow land called Future World, or Futureland before. Uhh... errr. future world is at Epcot, not the Magic Kingdom. :mad:

Tom

Beta Return
Ok, now, I'm one of the most cynical people alive, but I'll have to disagree with most of the examples here.

There are only a few thousand (or whatever) people on this discussion board. There are millions of people who go to theme parks each year, and most of them are NOT the absolute freaks about WDW that we all are :lol:

Sure, it may be pretty bad that they don't know what park they're in, or look for rides that aren't in the park when they have a map right in their hand. BUT, we can't blame them for saying "the big ball" or "Fast Track" really. I mean, come on, who walks in to Paramount's Kings Island for the first time, or once every 5 years and knows the exact name of every ride in the park, where they are, or if maybe the ride you're thinking of isn't at Cedar Point instead? NOT ME :hammer:

SO, yeah, I agree - it bugs me when I hear people say these stupid things, but I just know that they're there to have a magical time, just like me, but haven't quite dedicated such an unusually large portion of their cerebral capacity to WDW like all of us fools have :sohappy:

Tenny317

Ok so yea i know alot about disney and I hate when you are with a group of people and they think they know everything. They have been there like once and I have been like 20, I think i know more than most of my friends but yet they feel the need to argue...but I end up being rite anyways

Oh and by the way lol I call SE the golf ball...ahaha :lol:

Wilt Dasney

I don't think I'll ever understand why this bothers people.

Why is someone's lack of knowledge about a pretty trivial subject like an attraction name disturbing to you? It doesn't make them dumb, just means they're more interested in riding the ride than studying it.

And I call SE the big ball all the time. I like how it sounds.

yensidtlaw1969

One time someone told me that they went to Disney World and Epcot. I asked them if they Went to the Magic Kingdom, andhe said, No, we didn't go to Universal.:mad: :dazzle: I also hate when I tel someone something about WDW and they ask " The one in Florida or California? " It really tics me off.:mad: :dazzle: :hammer:

yensidtlaw1969

Oh, I forgot. One time I was in MK in Fantasyland heading to the Haunted Mansion and someone was looking at the Skyway and said " THAT'S the Tower of Terror?!?! " Their Sister caught their mistake and said " No, that's not the Tower of Terror." I felt so relieved for a second until the were walking over to the Haunted Mansion as well. They pointed at the Haunted Mansion and she said " That's the Tower of Terror. " I was so mad that I went over and said That that was the Haunted mansion and the Tower of Terror was in MGM. They said " No, the Tower of Terror is in Disney World." I heard them talking on the line and they were saying that some people were so oblivious as to what ride was which. They were complaining when they got off because it didn't feel like a huge drop.:hammer: :lol:

Laura

Premium Member
I hate when I go with a first timer and they want to grab a park map and study it before we head anywhere. Maps are for souveniers, not for finding your way! :lol:

disneybuff100

Account Suspended
Seriously, it so get's on my nerves, like "Let's go on the tower of Doom" or like "Mickey's Philharmonic" Urrgh, BUt this one time this lady who i was with ,she had a fany pack on and she saind i need to go to the guests without bags entrance and i told her that you need to go to the guests with bags, but then she gave me a smirk YES Douglas and i was ready to punch her, but she went with her instincts and went to the guests without bags entrance and got told by a secruity guard you got to go over there mam, and i'm like hahahahah in my mind, So it just goes to show you how erritable it is to hear or have conversations with non-disney experts, like us

disneybuff100

Account Suspended
yensidtlaw1969 said:
Oh, I forgot. One time I was in MK in Fantasyland heading to the Haunted Mansion and someone was looking at the Skyway and said " THAT'S the Tower of Terror?!?! " Their Sister caught their mistake and said " No, that's not the Tower of Terror." I felt so relieved for a second until the were walking over to the Haunted Mansion as well. They pointed at the Haunted Mansion and she said " That's the Tower of Terror. " I was so mad that I went over and said That that was the Haunted mansion and the Tower of Terror was in MGM. They said " No, the Tower of Terror is in Disney World." I heard them talking on the line and they were saying that some people were so oblivious as to what ride was which. They were complaining when they got off because it didn't feel like a huge drop.:hammer: :lol:

I hate new comers so much urrgh, They should just let us in the park

Wilt Dasney

disneybuff100 said:
I hate new comers so much urrgh, They should just let us in the park

I suppose you'd be in favor of making folks take a 50-question Disney quiz before letting them through the turnstiles?

Tim G

Hearing people talking about,

Tower Of Terror
House Of Terror / Screamin' Tower / Horror House

Haunted Mansion
Haunted House
Haunted Castle
Ghost Ride...

Mission: SPACE
Mission To Mars

Walt Disney World
Disneyland

The Land
Restaurant

CM
Warden (LOL)

C.O.P.
Theatre-go-round

Buzz Light years..
Toy Story

Test Track
Raceway

Grand Floridian
Disneyland Hotel

Segway
Two wheeler

Toon Town (and this one is really offending!!!)
Celebration

Guest: Excuse me...Where a the dedicated Non-Smoking areas?
CM: ??????

Guest to CM: Excuse me, do you work here??

Guest to CM: When is it going to stop raining...

Early this year, Guest to Guest: In december, last year, we've spend new years eve watching fire works in Animal Kingdom.

Guest: It's a disgrace people can't watch the fire works from that castle overthere...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom