Don’t Stay Here - Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Who has been ripped off by Disney World?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'll respond just to your poll since you're dead set on just venting. You were not "RIPPED OFF BY DISNEYWORLD" If any party did the ripping off, it was priceline that you paid money to and did not get what you and priceline agreed you were going to get.

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
Then Priceline should have just added your daughter and her contact info to the reservation and the problem would have been easily resolved
I’ve used Priceline in the past with no issues. I’ve been to Disney before with no issues. Could my issue have been resolved? I believe so. Right or wrong. Disney could have helped. Priceline is the “” child Disney doesn’t want to know, but they are selling Disney rooms for Disney.

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
I'll respond just to your poll since you're dead set on just venting. You were not "RIPPED OFF BY DISNEYWORLD" If any party did the ripping off, it was priceline that you paid money to and did not get what you and priceline agreed you were going to get.
I paid Priceline for a Disney room. The Disney room was found upon look-up. Disney refused us the room and we then paid for that same room directly to Disney this time. Disney should work with Priceline to help alleviate issues for their customers, but in this instance they chose not to work for the person making them money, the customer.

DisneyFanatic12

I have no idea what all the underlying rules are, but I doubt the two companies are that closely related. It’s like an Amazon seller cancelling your order for some Lays chips, asking Lays for free chips, and blaming them for not giving them to you. Of course, in this instance payment went through and there was probably some error. Which I will say, is extremely unfortunate.

Sadly, even if the Disney coordinators, leaders, and possibly even the hotel manager wanted to give you a complimentary room for your troubles, I don’t even think they’d be able to.

I really am sorry for what you went through, but I think you’re mistakenly viewing Disney and a third party as the same or at least very closely related companies. Anyways, hope it all works out in the end!

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
I have no idea what all the underlying rules are, but I doubt the two companies are that closely related. It’s like an Amazon seller cancelling your order for some Lays chips, asking Lays for free chips, and blaming them for not giving them to you. Of course, in this instance payment went through and there was probably some error. Which I will say, is extremely unfortunate.

Sadly, even if the Disney coordinators, leaders, and possibly even the hotel manager wanted to give you a complimentary room for your troubles, I don’t even think they’d be able to.

I really am sorry for what you went through, but I think you’re mistakenly viewing Disney and a third party as the same or at least very closely related companies. Anyways, hope it all works out in the end!
I didn’t want free anything. Paid for a room. Twice. My only request was that Disney honor the payment I’d made for a room, by providing said room. Tell me they couldn’t have figured out a solution.

Chi84

Premium Member
I didn’t want free anything. Paid for a room. Twice. My only request was that Disney honor the payment I’d made for a room, by providing said room. Tell me they couldn’t have figured out a solution.
They did. They sold you a room and told you to call Priceline to get back the money you paid them. No matter how much you want it to be otherwise, Disney and Priceline are separate companies. When you book through a third party, you must go through that third party to resolve issues. This is true of hotel reservations, airline bookings, etc.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
They did not honor it. They chose to not work with their customer
You chose to ignore their terms and conditions.

Are you not familar with the process of checking into a hotel in the last 40years? Where you have a reservation in a NAME and they require you to check-in with that name?

You are pointing at Disney, but you should be dealing with Priceline and their refund policy. You paid for a reservation you couldn't use because you didn't follow the terms and conditions.

Priceline isn't going to refund you because they don't give a ...

Disney just let you make a new reservation with the correct details. Nuances you keep leaving out because it would require you accepting responsibility for your choices.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I’ve used Priceline in the past with no issues. I’ve been to Disney before with no issues. Could my issue have been resolved? I believe so. Right or wrong. Disney could have helped. Priceline is the “” child Disney doesn’t want to know, but they are selling Disney rooms for Disney.

You haven’t had issues in the past with Priceline because in the past you’ve checked in. You, physically, personally checked in. They confirmed your identity with your ID and maybe even asked for the card the booking was purchased with.

This didn’t work at Disney because you weren’t there to show your ID, and your daughters ID don’t match the reservation. The reservation is in the system, as are hundreds of others , but the only reservation your daughter can use is the one with her name on it, where she can show her ID and match the reservation.

They are inflexible because they must be. The person checking in must match the name on the reservation. You could have added your daughters name to the reservation on Priceline and it likely would have resolved the whole issue. I’ve bought reservations for others this way and had no issue.

I’m sorry you’re stressed out like this. I hope you get some money back from Priceline but not sure what their cancellation policy is. You might be out of luck. An expensive life lesson.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So what if a family who is looking for a deal to enjoy Disney doesn’t come back? Bottom line, $$$
They won't miss you.
a) you booked thru a discounter site, potentially costing them money
b) you went online and complained about how the company you bought the room from messed up your room purchase, then blamed Disney for not accommodating you
c) someone else will take your place
d) even if nobody takes your place, regular price increases will soon make up for your lack of visiting

Tony the Tigger

I did business with Priceline for a room with Disney Reaort. Disney had the reservation in the system. They did not honor it. They chose to not work with their customer. The service was paid for.

If Disney doesn’t want to deal with Priceline, that’s fine, but someone at Priceline did try and is trying to resolve with Disney.

Priceline is trying to resolve with Disney. However Disney cares about money first. I don’t expect them to work with Priceline. Why sell rooms to other businesses if you’re going to not work with them for the customers benefit.
No offense, but it sounds like you don’t know much about booking hotels (especially post-9/11.)

The person named on the booking has to be the person checking in. In fact, if I book a room for 2, and my spouse shows up before I do, they will not let my spouse check in. It’s my name on the reservation. This is basic standard policy almost everywhere.

Also basic policy almost everywhere: when you book using a 3rd party site, you resolve any problems through that 3rd party site.

You have no idea if Priceline paid Disney for that room yet, or if that payment cleared. You paid Priceline, not Disney. The front desk is not going to track that for you, and probably can’t.

Now, I’ll even show you this has zero to do with Priceline:

I booked All Star Music last month, directly on the Disney site using Disney rewards points. When I arrived, they couldn’t find my reservation in the system at all. I showed them my confirmation email & number. They couldn’t find it.

They had to rebook the room for me and charge my credit card. They said in the morning, they could refund the first payment. And they did.

It was bizarre and inconvenient, but I was not ripped off.

You will not be ripped off unless Priceline rips you off, as this is their transaction, not Disney’s, period, and you don’t get a vote.

Priceline doesn’t have to work with Disney, they have to take care of you (unless you misused their site.) My guess is the best you can hope for is a credit with Priceline as opposed to a refund, but that’s up to them, not Disney.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I paid Priceline for a Disney room. The Disney room was found upon look-up. Disney refused us the room and we then paid for that same room directly to Disney this time. Disney should work with Priceline to help alleviate issues for their customers, but in this instance they chose not to work for the person making them money, the customer.

Disney refused YOUR DAUGHTER a room. You weren't in Orlando at the time, as you finally admitted.

Again, as everyone in this thread has responded, your beef is with PRICELINE, not the poor CM at the resort's front desk or on the phone. And if you were as rude to any of them as you've been in this thread, they deserve a medal.

Disney cannot fix a problem THEY didn't create. They gave your daughter a room...during a busy time. And yes it had to be paid for because the initial reservation wasn't made through Disney travel.

File a dispute with your credit card company. They'll temporarily refund the Priceline charge until they contact the merchant to resolve the dispute.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Who, moi?

I'm pretty sure I've dropped at least $90K on DVC alone. Then add in 22 cruises, dozens of runDisney races (and associated race merchandise), resorts stays PRIOR to DVC membership, APs for 10 years, dining, etc.

Yeah, the least Disney owes me is a CM job. I can work from home. And set my own hours. 😉
Pssh I spend that on the butler in a year 🧐

flynnibus

Premium Member
File a dispute with your credit card company. They'll temporarily refund the Priceline charge until they contact the merchant to resolve the dispute.
Unless it's American Express, he's likely to lose such a dispute. He clearly had a pre-paid room and past the refund window (check-in day).

If you book a room and don't show up... they aren't going to give you a charge back.

Priceline customer retention is his only hope... hope for maybe a one night cancellation cost instead of full pre-paid amount. But he's at their mercy.

Epcotfan21

So let's get this straight...you booked a room through a 3rd party, didn't include your daughter's name on the reservation even though you knew it would be her staying at the resort and you're mad at Disney for not letting her check-in/stay in the room because her name wasn't on the reservation? Oof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom