Don’t Stay Here - Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Who has been ripped off by Disney World?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
Purchased room hotel (Disney's All-Star Sports Resort) through a company (Priceline) Disney contracts with. Upon check-in my daughter was turned away from a room that was booked and paid for by her parents. She offered the confirmation number and had all the details. We talked to the front desk at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort, the help desk and the company (Priceline) contracted by Disney for rentals. There was no resolution and our adult daughter was forced to rebook and pay for the hotel a second time.

The Disney staff at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort all showed zero concern and refused to work with us. We’ve now paid for the same room twice, with Disney staff not willing to help resolve the situation and instead sending me back to the company they were partnered with to sell room reservations.

I realize Disney is filthy rich, but that came from us, your customers and you can’t help resolve an issue when it presented itself while taking thousands of dollars from us at Disney parks, restaurants and stores.

Jonathan Riggs, Guest Services Billing,
Walt Disney World Resort and the two other staff at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort, I spoke with to try to resolve the issue essentially said “sorry about your luck, you’re screwed. Next.”

Imhere

Walt Disney World Resort and the two other staff at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort, I spoke with to try to resolve the issue essentially said “sorry about your luck, you’re screwed. Next.”

That's what they 'essentially' said?

I stopped using these 3rd party hotel providers years and years ago to save a couple bucks.

You reserved a room through Priceline and apparently were not familiar with the rules.

Why blame Disney when Priceline's rules say you cannot change the name on a reservation after it's been made, and the reservation must originally be made in the name of the guest?

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
IMG_2873.jpeg
IMG_2872.png

That's what they 'essentially' said?

I stopped using these 3rd party hotel providers years and years ago to save a couple bucks.

You reserved a room through Priceline and apparently were not familiar with the rules.

Why blame Disney when Priceline's rules say you cannot change the name on a reservation after it's been made, and the reservation must originally be made in the name of the guest?
Disney has a contract with Priceline so it shouldn’t be one against the other. It’s both of them who contract with each other against the consumer.

Eric Graham

The Disney resorts are usually wonderful to work with when we've had problems on the resort side of our trips. A number of times they've been quick to help with maintenance issues etc. They're usually very wonderful and hardworking. Maybe you should be taking your anger out at Priceline, and not at Disney. Aren't they the cause of your problems.

Rob562

You should probably look into how third party booking sites operate. Disney doesn't "contract" with Priceline, just like they don't "contract" with the mom & pop travel agency down the street from me.
Priceline operates as an intermediate agent. Often they reserve blocks of rooms at a bulk discount and then pass some of those savings on to their customers. Any restrictions in how you booked that to secure the discount rate, and any failure to understand those restrictions, is between you and Priceline.

If there's a misunderstanding/disagreement in the restrictions in the transaction between you and Priceline, that's not Disney's problem. Just like if the mom & pop travel agency down the street cheated you on a reservation to Disney, that's not Disney's problem.

There's a company you need to deal with involving your concerns, and it's not Disney.

-Rob

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You should probably look into how third party booking sites operate. Disney doesn't "contract" with Priceline, just like they don't "contract" with the mom & pop travel agency down the street from me.
Priceline operates as an intermediate agent. Often they reserve blocks of rooms at a bulk discount and then pass some of those savings on to their customers. Any restrictions in how you booked that to secure the discount rate, and any failure to understand those restrictions, is between you and Priceline.

If there's a misunderstanding/disagreement in the restrictions in the transaction between you and Priceline, that's not Disney's problem. Just like if the mom & pop travel agency down the street cheated you on a reservation to Disney, that's not Disney's problem.

There's a company you need to deal with involving your concerns, and it's not Disney.

-Rob

Correct.

I made a reservation through Expedia for a room at WL. When I didn't get the Disney confirmation number to link to my account, I called Disney. They told me to deal with Expedia.

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
The Disney resorts are usually wonderful to work with when we've had problems on the resort side of our trips. A number of times they've been quick to help with maintenance issues etc. They're usually very wonderful and hardworking. Maybe you should be taking your anger out at Priceline, and not at Disney. Aren't they the cause of your problems.
I’m not taking anger out on anyone. I expect businesses to operate with good intent and provide a service they have been paid for. I have also contacted Priceline and they are working with Disney. I just want the purchase of Disney hotel stay to be honored by Disney.

Chi84

Premium Member
I’m not taking anger out on anyone. I expect businesses to operate with good intent and provide a service they have been paid for. I have also contacted Priceline and they are working with Disney. I just want the purchase of Disney hotel stay to be honored by Disney.
The purchase of your Disney hotel stay was honored by Disney. It was the earlier purchase from Priceline that was not honored by Priceline. Third party businesses can sometimes offer great deals, but the downside is they have their own terms and conditions when you are buying from them instead of directly from the resort where you are staying. It's your responsibility to be familiar with those terms and conditions if you want to take advantage of third-party better pricing.

Please stop insulting posters by asking them if they work for Disney. You eventually did the right thing by contacting Priceline (the company you have a contract with), and they are trying to resolve the issue for you by working with Disney. It's possible that you may have violated a condition in your contract with Priceline that would not have been there if you purchased directly from Disney.

LAKid53

Premium Member
No she just spends a lot of money there and would probably work for them for the employee discount alone

Who, moi?

I'm pretty sure I've dropped at least $90K on DVC alone. Then add in 22 cruises, dozens of runDisney races (and associated race merchandise), resorts stays PRIOR to DVC membership, APs for 10 years, dining, etc.

Yeah, the least Disney owes me is a CM job. I can work from home. And set my own hours. 😉

jackson.soledad

Original Poster
Sounds like you should put in a fraud complaint to your credit card on the Priceline end.I will look into that.

You did business and had a contract with Priceline.
I did business with Priceline for a room with Disney Reaort. Disney had the reservation in the system. They did not honor it. They chose to not work with their customer. The service was paid for.

If Disney doesn’t want to deal with Priceline, that’s fine, but someone at Priceline did try and is trying to resolve with Disney.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Who, moi?

I'm pretty sure I've dropped at least $90K on DVC alone. Then add in 22 cruises, dozens of runDisney races (and associated race merchandise), resorts stays PRIOR to DVC membership, APs for 10 years, dining, etc.

Yeah, the least Disney owes me is a CM job. I can work from home. And set my own hours. 😉
Giving you're full unfiltered opinion to people after things have been explained over a dozen times:angelic:
edit: now with a full year's worth of cute kids clothes tossed in as a bonus

Chi84

Premium Member
I did business with Priceline for a room with Disney Reaort. Disney had the reservation in the system. They did not honor it. They chose to not work with their customer. The service was paid for.

If Disney doesn’t want to deal with Priceline, that’s fine, but someone at Priceline did try and is trying to resolve with Disney.
Why didn’t they honor it? What did they tell your daughter?

LAKid53

Premium Member

You booked a room at a Disney resort THROUGH Priceline. That's a PRICELINE, not Disney Travel, resort reservation confirmation.

Priceline will be the one to work with, didn't they charge your credit card? Only the original merchant can refund you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom