Trip Report Doing it Live One Last Time! It's Our "Let's Try Some New Things" Summer Adventure to Disney World

Since its already after nine and we are getting up at 2:45 for our drive from the Lehigh Valley to the Philadelphia airport, I figured I'd get the beginning details of our trip posted.

Our flight is scheduled for 6:50 am arriving in Orlando at 9:20. Ive been looking all week on the SWA site, and it has shown this flight arriving early each morning this week!

Our first resort is AKL. We plan on dropping off the kid's carry on bags at bell services, trying to check-in, then heading straight to the MK. We have FP+ for Peter Pan at 12:30, followed by lunch at the Plaza at 1. After lunch, we have FP+ for SDMT and Space Mountain. Crystal and I were able to ride the mine train twice during the 24 hours in May, but that was an adults only trip (really wish I had done a live TR for that trip), so this will be a first for Brayden and Madelyn.

We have a week long stay planned at AKL before moving to GF for a week and finishing up a relaxing resort only stay at YC. We never just did resort only activities in WDW, so this will be a first for us.

Other firsts this trip will be both water parks, La Nouba, and Harambe Nights. We also have The Frozen activities planned in HS.

We are trying a few new restaurants as well. As I stated in the countdown thread, we have no plans on a trip to WDW or DL anytime soon. We really want to see and do many of the things we always talk about, but somehow never end up doing.

Have a good night everyone, and I'll be posting as time allows in the morning. Really excited for this trip!

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Time for some candy :)

image.jpg

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Guess you didn't get picked to open the park .. We had a ADR for CRT and while we were waiting a CM walked up and asked us if we wanted to do something else ... Oh yea .. we opened the park with the Mayor and a few of her friends!
Nope. Never been that lucky. We've had some good luck, but not that.

ginadee

Wow..talk about bringing tears to your eyes. Im at work getting wet eyed lol. You have definately done this trip right. But hey, sounds like youve got some great sights to see. I went to Kauai HI and saw views 3 different times on that trip that brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy your adventures.

75disney

I have to admit, and I'm not ashamed to say it, it was difficult leaving the Magic Kingdom tonight. This is the first time in over 7 years that we don't have a trip planned. Not even an idea of when we return. I mentioned earlier how I was never in Disney as a kid, but my wife and I have watched our kids grow up here! We've spent three thanksgivings here, two Christmas holidays, their birthdays twice , and my 40th last year. Disney really has been a big part of our family, so it really will be a change for us. At least we have our pictures, videos, and albums to look at and watch. We can always read the trip reports as well. It will be nice to relive these trips.

We have a few relaxation days left at the Yacht Club starting tomorrow. The posts may not be as exciting, but we'll still be in the bubble, right ?

Good night and thanks for following!
I know how you feel. We have taken my kids 6 times in the last 10 years. When we left The MK on our last day in November 2013, I was crying because I don't know when we will be back. The kids are getting older (12 and 9) and we want to travel other places before they go off to college. We want to take them to Alaska, Arizona, Maine, Boston... At least I will get to DL with them next summer when we tour CA. I do plan on going back to WDW with them before college, it just won't be soon. Enjoy the time you have left. It sounds like you have made some great memories!

disneypearl

I am glad you all have had such a fantastic time on your trip, so far, because you are still there and now enjoying the Yacht Club. I hope you are able to see many other things on future trips elsewhere, but can make it back to Disney sooner than you think.

DebDeb

What a beautiful trip report and what a beautiful family! Thanks for letting is tag along! We'll miss your reports and countdowns!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom