Trip Report Doing it Live One Last Time! It's Our "Let's Try Some New Things" Summer Adventure to Disney World

Since its already after nine and we are getting up at 2:45 for our drive from the Lehigh Valley to the Philadelphia airport, I figured I'd get the beginning details of our trip posted.

Our flight is scheduled for 6:50 am arriving in Orlando at 9:20. Ive been looking all week on the SWA site, and it has shown this flight arriving early each morning this week!

Our first resort is AKL. We plan on dropping off the kid's carry on bags at bell services, trying to check-in, then heading straight to the MK. We have FP+ for Peter Pan at 12:30, followed by lunch at the Plaza at 1. After lunch, we have FP+ for SDMT and Space Mountain. Crystal and I were able to ride the mine train twice during the 24 hours in May, but that was an adults only trip (really wish I had done a live TR for that trip), so this will be a first for Brayden and Madelyn.

We have a week long stay planned at AKL before moving to GF for a week and finishing up a relaxing resort only stay at YC. We never just did resort only activities in WDW, so this will be a first for us.

Other firsts this trip will be both water parks, La Nouba, and Harambe Nights. We also have The Frozen activities planned in HS.

We are trying a few new restaurants as well. As I stated in the countdown thread, we have no plans on a trip to WDW or DL anytime soon. We really want to see and do many of the things we always talk about, but somehow never end up doing.

Have a good night everyone, and I'll be posting as time allows in the morning. Really excited for this trip!

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It's a great night when you are on the Mine Train in under 15 minutes!

Kids had the front seat

image.jpg
image.jpg

coachwnh

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I have to admit, and I'm not ashamed to say it, it was difficult leaving the Magic Kingdom tonight. This is the first time in over 7 years that we don't have a trip planned. Not even an idea of when we return. I mentioned earlier how I was never in Disney as a kid, but my wife and I have watched our kids grow up here! We've spent three thanksgivings here, two Christmas holidays, their birthdays twice , and my 40th last year. Disney really has been a big part of our family, so it really will be a change for us. At least we have our pictures, videos, and albums to look at and watch. We can always read the trip reports as well. It will be nice to relive these trips.

We have a few relaxation days left at the Yacht Club starting tomorrow. The posts may not be as exciting, but we'll still be in the bubble, right ?

Good night and thanks for following!

Longers

I had a tear in my eye reading your comment saying you didn't want to leave (I know that feeling) but like you say there are photos, video etc you can look at. You will get the Disney blues and then you will be on this site with your Disney friends hoping someone writes a trip report you enjoy and can get into. I have read a few but probably got to the end of only 3 as I loose interest or people don't update regularly enough. Thanks for this report it's been great joining you and following along. Enjoy the next few days relaxing.

Ariel1986

What a wonderful day. You really closed out the Park part of your visit in style - all four parks and lots of real activities in each. Congratulations!

Awesome report!! Disney done well! Your 4 in one day approach has given me some inspiration and tips for the next time I attempt it... :)

Sorry you had a hard time leaving. You will be back one day though- and it sounds like you have a lot more adventures world wide lined up which is very exciting! Great plans.

Enjoy the next 3 days, I'll still be reading along! I've always wanted to swim in storm along bay so pics please! :D

Zipadeelady

I also really enjoyed your report and I too am still in for the relaxing days. At Disney it's always go go go it would be so nice to have a few days to relax from the vacation before going home. Thanks for taking the time to bring us along.

mrdrift

I was really happy to hear that you accomplished the four parks in one day. It's always sad at the end of a wonderful trip. Still following along. Thanks for sharing.

teachmph

They were all activated when we arrived. Didn't even need to do anything. In fact, the CM said everyone we have is active and would work for us on this trip
Very cool...thanks for the heads up. I will pack ours from our previous trip to see if they work :) Hope you enjoyed your last day at the park. @RickP330 and I head down there August 20th. I don't think we can keep up with your pace....you've sent the bar high! Enjoy your last week and the relaxation!

teachmph

Getting some Casey's dogs before Wishes. Got FPs for Pooh after that.

Maddy really wants the speedway, so that will be the next pass we add

Hope to ride BTMRR again (love it at night) and Splash to end our day
Do you get fast passes for each of the bands you have? or after you use your last one for the day, you can add more on? Just curious because we will be there in two weeks and want to make the most of our trip. If there is a trick to get "extra" fast passes...please share. @RickP330 and I would appreciate any assistance on scoring more Fastpasses :)

teachmph

Enjoyed some Plaza ice creamView attachment 60953

View attachment 60955

Now making the slow, very sad walk down Main Street USA for the last time for awhile :(

Both kids have tears in their eyes. Very sad
Awww.....made me tear up as well thinking about it. It's so hard to leave such a Magical place. The memories you guys had are something they will hold onto forever. As well as this thread. Hope you print it out and keep it with your pictures! :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Do you get fast passes for each of the bands you have? or after you use your last one for the day, you can add more on? Just curious because we will be there in two weeks and want to make the most of our trip. If there is a trick to get "extra" fast passes...please share. @RickP330 and I would appreciate any assistance on scoring more Fastpasses :)
The bands merely point to a user's profile, so while a user may have multiple bands the fastpass allotment remains the same (i.e. system recognizes "this is one of Susie's bands"). Also, in order for the fastpass to be "activated" the band must have been scanned and matched to the holder at the park entry turnstile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom