Doing EPCOT in half a day? Starting at 3:00-4:00 p.m.?

insoc123

Original Poster
Hi. I am planning a short trip to Orlando with my wife from September the 10th through September the 15th for some activities. Anyway, being that September the 13th (Sunday) is almost like a free day for us, at least in the afternoon-evening, I was thinking about doing a short visit to Epcot Center and staying until late to have dinner at a good World Showcase restaurant. I have read that for that day Epcot Center will close at 9:00 p.m. If you were me what would be your suggested plan or itinerary starting at 3:00-4:00 p.m and finishing with a dinner in the World Showcase, trying to get the most of Epcot Center giving that time limitation? Thank you very much for your help. It will be greatly appreciated! :wave:

inkyblacks

Probably just try to relax and enjoy the atmosphere as you walk sround the park, especially world showcase. Futureworld closes at 7pm so if you can manage a ride on Soarin and Spaceship Earth you would be doing good. I would focus on getting a good meal at one of the sitdown restaurants so you are ready to watch Illuminations at 9pm. Its not alot of time but it will be special none-the-less.

Jasonflz

Since most of the rides close at 7:00 consult your Times and Guide and do all of the rides that close earlier. Also, get fast passes for Soarin' and/or Test Track once you arrive. Ellen's Energy Adventure and Honey I Shrunk The Audience are good time eaters depending on which ride you are waiting for so head there if the fast pass times are very long. Club Cool is a nice little place too. For World Showcase, try to start at Canada and end at Mexico. The outdoor restaurant is very great and will give you a nice view of most of the park as you eat. Also, stay for the fireworks show. It is worth it.;)

insoc123

Original Poster
Thank you for your answers. On a day like these (September the 13th- I don't know if this is high season or not) what will be the approximately waiting time to enter attractions such as Test Track or Mission Space? Do the restaurants at Epcot World Showcase also close at 9:00 p.m. or they keep open a few more hours? How good do they honor reservations? Thank you.

Mukta

Thank you for your answers. On a day like these (September the 13th- I don't know if this is high season or not) what will be the approximately waiting time to enter attractions such as Test Track or Mission Space? Do the restaurants at Epcot World Showcase also close at 9:00 p.m. or they keep open a few more hours? How good do they honor reservations? Thank you.

Test Track/Mission Space will be 20-30 minutes at that time.
If you have reservations, the restaurants honor them. The restaurants won't close exactly at 9 since some people will still be dining.

EPCOTPluto

Hi. I am planning a short trip to Orlando with my wife from September the 10th through September the 15th for some activities. Anyway, being that September the 13th (Sunday) is almost like a free day for us, at least in the afternoon-evening, I was thinking about doing a short visit to Epcot Center and staying until late to have dinner at a good World Showcase restaurant. I have read that for that day Epcot Center will close at 9:00 p.m. If you were me what would be your suggested plan or itinerary starting at 3:00-4:00 p.m and finishing with a dinner in the World Showcase, trying to get the most of Epcot Center giving that time limitation? Thank you very much for your help. It will be greatly appreciated! :wave:
Well, 3-4pm are good, since most attractions had not as many people as a hour or so ago.
Most attractions do close at 9, so a Times Guide is good.
What I like to do is just walk around and imbibe the sights. WS is especially good for this. And if you plan to stay late, you can catch Illuminations at 9pm in a restaurant. It depends, though, which restaurant you'll want to eat at. If it's a table service restaurant, Japan, UK, China or France seems to have good views of Illuminations. As for a table service restaurant, San Angel Inn (the counter service area) is good IF you snag a spot early. The couple of times I seen that area, it's PACKED.

I think I just reiterated what most already said, right? :rolleyes::lol:

Figment82

Actually, although Future World posts a 7pm closing, the majority of the attractions (with the exception of Energy, Innovention, Imag and Living with the Land) stay open until 9pm. If you are heart-set on seeing the big Future World attractions, you could hit them later in the evening. Don't be fooled by the 7pm closing time. :)

Texas84

I agree with World Showcase. Pick up an entertainment guide, grab some quick counter service at Mexico or Japan, and enjoy a nice stroll. There is a lot going on out there.

LoriMistress

You probably would only be able to do one or two rides. I would make an ADR for dinner, and just walk around WS, and find a nice spot for Illuminations.

Philo

I would decide on a couple of attractions you really want to see and go for it. Remember that there is very little chance of you getting a fast pass for something like sorin' at this time so bank on having to wait a long time.

Make sure you get ADR's too - this will make the evening more relaxing and give you more time to enjoy the park.

DisneyPrincess5

Actually, although Future World posts a 7pm closing, the majority of the attractions (with the exception of Energy, Innovention, Imag and Living with the Land) stay open until 9pm. If you are heart-set on seeing the big Future World attractions, you could hit them later in the evening. Don't be fooled by the 7pm closing time. :)
Is this really true? If so, why the closing time in the first place?

Susan Savia

I'd ride Spaceship Earth, then Test Track then take a leisurely stroll around World Showcase, have dinner then see Illuminations. The lights in the evening are beautiful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom