Does your spouse love Disney?

menday917

We all love It

We all love Disney my wife, 3 year old daughter (first trip last March) next trip April 07, mother and father in law coming with us...................
86 year old Dad ( can't make trip now though) he has been 3 times in past I'm on my 12th (bit greedy) but hey I sympathise make him ride Tof T now thats an adrenaline rush.........
Failing that pixie dust........

Epcot4ME

My wife likes it ok....but not to the extent that I do. For a quite a few years, we would go every three months for one day; i think I burnt her out a bit doing that.

But now that we go maybe twice a year (once the week before Christmas for 4 days..w00t :xmas: ) and maybe one other time for two days, she seems to be better about it.

The 10 yr old daughter likes it just fine...the 17 month old has now begun to point out Mickey where ever she sees him... :wave:

(wow, I need to change the sig....it's December 17th through the 22nd this year)

I love to relate this........my wife wanted to go to the beach for our honeymoon and I wanted WDW---I had (and have) been there numerous times prior and I thought that I really knew her prior to our wedding. Anyway, she agreed to split out honeymoon equally. Well, we arrived in April 1996 and we've been back every year but 1, though we have made a trip to equal our number of years married, simply because she fell in love with Dixie Landings, the Magic Kindgom, and EPCOT. In fact, the day we left WDW to complete our honeymoon, she cried :cry: , and she cried :cry: even more when we arrived at the resort we had planned to stay in Clearwater. She wanted so badly to return to WDW, but all rooms were unavailable as we did make several calls, but no luck. So, to answer the question....YES, my spouse LOVES WDW!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

wdwlvr

My husband and I leave the 2 kids (ages 16 & 12) at home with the grandparents at least once a year and enjoy a week at Disney just the two of us. I am a huge organizer and I start planning our next trip just as soon as we get back. Next Christmas since our son will be a senior in high school then we will do the "family" trip again.
The answer to your question is YES, my husband is just as big a fan as I am!! We always have the best time and act like kids (of course, we are only 33 and 32!!)
Anytime you can talk your spouse into it definitely go to DISNEY!!!!

Next trip: All Star Sports Dec. 2-8, 2006

Steve-B

My wife really loves Mickey Mouse - not WDW so much. I love WDW - if it were up to me, we'd live close enough to go every week. It's kind of funny - our first trip was her idea (for our honeymoon - I had planned on going to Pensacola or Panama City) - but I'm the one who has turned into a nut about the place.

justducky78

My husband turned me on to WDW! I only went once growing up (age 9 or 10) and didn't go back until I was 18. I can't imagine not sharing this love with him. He always vacationed there with his family growing up so of course it was ingrained in him. Besides, being around someone who is such a big fan, I don't see how it can't rub off on you at some point!

Sharing a love of Disney is as important in our household as being on the same page in terms of politics and religion!

PrincessAimee

My husband likes Disney but he is not as in to it as much as I am. However he has always been as excited as me to make plans and go. And once we are there, he has as good a time as anybody. I count myself as very lucky.

Next trip - May 2007:sohappy:

Tiggerfanatic

Mine's not a big fan of theme parks and crowds in general...he went on our first two trips when daughter was small, but now he's perfectly content to let us go on our merry way. By the same token, he drives to Montana every year on a hunting trip and I'm standing in the driveway happily waving him off.:lol:

mousebymarriage

Hubby LOVES the mouse hence my name:kiss: !
Every year he says"I think we are going to skip WDW this year, it's just Too expensive" I just say "MmmHmm sure, hon" Well he said it again this year and yesterday he sprung it on me. NO! not that, get your minds out of the gutter,LOL:D .
We're going to disney in Feb. > Gotta love him for tryin to hold his ground though!

bgraham34

My wife likes Disney but I love it. She enjoys going and is very happy. But she wants to travel more and see more around the world. I want to travel more but I just want a few days in Disney every year.

David

I'm the one who surfs the web for all things Disney and plans (in detail) our trips, but my DW and DS are just as much into going to WDw as I am. Counting down the days till we're back again. (53 days):sohappy: :sohappy:

SamatBCV

Both my wife and I love Disney. When I was about 10 years old, I told my family that whoever I married would have to go to WDW for our honeymoon or she wasn't the right one for me. Well, I honeymooned at WDW. We recently counted up our trips. I've gone 26 times and she just hit 50 (she went at least once a year since she was a toddler and this year we are going FOUR times). I'm am truely blessed.

maelstrom

My boyfriend doesn't love Disney, but he listens to me talk about it and does find certain things interesting, luckily the same things I find interesting (never-built hotels and attractions and the like). He also wants to go to Disney World with me, hopefully sometime soon. :) And he lets me make him watch vacation planning videos from the 90s. He tolerates my Disney music in the car. And he says he remembers going on Horizons. I was playing the ride audio in my car and he remembered the part that goes, "Send a city kid to college for seven years and what happens? She becomes a farmer!" I'm glad that out of all the things he remembers from WDW, it happens to be my favourite ride ever.

tiggertime32408

My DH tolerates WDW about every 3 - 4 years. Mostly for my B-day celebration or christmas. His motto is " Honey, I don't mind if you go as long as you don't mind if I don't go". Thank goodness I have a brother and sister that are fanatics to go with a couple of times a year.

L Fisher

When my husband and I got married he agreed to go to WDW for our honeymoon..He thought WDW was like the amusement park close to us, which is not even 1/2 of MK...I wanted to try an explain to him that Disney was nothing like that, but no words can describe WDW until you pull on park property. He was amazed!! He loves it as much as I do and we're taking our 3yr old next year..

imamouse

My husband and I spent two nights at a LBV hotel and 1 day in the MK on our way to Key West for our honeymoon in 1982. We could see SE and all of the signs advertizing EPCOT Center - Oct 1, 1982 (we were there in May '82). We had a good time, but it was just a stop-off visit. We didn't really start getting into WDW until 1996, when our youngest son was 5. Since then, we've gone nearly every year, but I am much more into WDW than my hubby. He rolls his eyes and goes along, and winds up having a great time, but he is not passionate about it like I am (sigh). At least I passed my Disney gene onto our oldest son - he loves it as much as I do! Our youngest son is more like my hubby - he can take it or leave it (but then again he's 15 now and not into anything that involves trailing around with parental units - in public :eek: ).

So, I have resorted to taking my Mom, or going with a friend from work so that I can get in two trips/year. My boss calls the "friends" trip; Thelma and Louise Do Disney. We're not that bad.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom