Does this happen often? (Speedway Flood)

CaptainJackNO

You know, living here in New Orleans, I find it funny that folks find this odd....:lol:
Those of us in the Mississippi delta know that if it rains too hard for a long period of time, or if you get slammed with a major rainstorm in a short period of time, floods can happen.
The only question I would have is whether the cast members had to have all the cars worked on bacause I am sure the engines must have gotten water in them.

Figment632

The MK has a mighty storm drain system, but if the drains/grids get blocked and a Floridian downpour hits the whole system, all at the same time it can become overwhelmed as you can see.

The Speedway corner by SM is also one of the lowest areas of the park, has no Utilidor underbank, and does have a whole lot of flat concrete.

Do the Utilidors ever flood then?

1disneydood

You know, living here in New Orleans, I find it funny that folks find this odd....:lol:
Those of us in the Mississippi delta know that if it rains too hard for a long period of time, or if you get slammed with a major rainstorm in a short period of time, floods can happen.
The only question I would have is whether the cast members had to have all the cars worked on bacause I am sure the engines must have gotten water in them.
I thought that too. I live in Metairie and my street floods everytime it sprinkles. My property is high enough that no storm has flooded my home in 37 years, but i'm very familiar with street flooding to the sidewalk. :lol:

BTW, does your screen name have any special meaning, CaptainJackNO?? I'm a Jack Sparrow impersonator living in Metairie. You may have seen me during Mardigras at the Metairie parades. I'm the crazy guy with the $3k Captain Jack costume, savvy? Check my profile pic :wave:

CaptainJackNO

I thought that too. I live in Metairie and my street floods everytime it sprinkles. My property is high enough that no storm has flooded my home in 37 years, but i'm very familiar with street flooding to the sidewalk. :lol:

BTW, does your screen name have any special meaning, CaptainJackNO?? I'm a Jack Sparrow impersonator living in Metairie. You may have seen me during Mardigras at the Metairie parades. I'm the crazy guy with the $3k Captain Jack costume, savvy? Check my profile pic :wave:

I live in Metairie, too.
The name is the combination of CaptainJack and the NO means New Orleans. I am not an impersonator. Just a disney name I found that wasn't taken.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom