Does Disney Keep Track of Your Room

Club Cooloholic

Just a question...
If returning to Disney, does Disney Store information, like Guest Names, etc...and what room number you stayed in on previous trips? I ask because I loved the room I had last time, at PO and know that when I return(whenever that is) I will probably want it again.

ToTBellHop

you can't really request a specific room since it would require that the guest in that room before you leave the same day as you arrive. All of the rooms at a given resort in a room type category are identical anyway...

Upvote 0

sbkline

you can't really request a specific room since it would require that the guest in that room before you leave the same day as you arrive. All of the rooms at a given resort in a room type category are identical anyway...

I suppose you could request a specific room on the chance that the previous guest did, by coincidence, leave the same day you arrived, or on the chance that no one had been in that room for a couple days anyway. I agree that WDW has no way of guaranteeing in advance whether or not you can have a specific room, but on the day of check-in, it doesn't hurt to ask if you can have a specific room in hopes that it is, indeed, available. And, while all the rooms are pretty much identical, I can understand the sentimental reasons why a person may want the same room. As far as the OP's question, I may be wrong, but I don't think Disney keeps records of what room you stayed in last time...at least not any records that the check in clerk would have access to on the computer screen. Again, I could be wrong. But I think that if you want the same room, it is up to your to remember which one you stayed in. When we went in April (at POR), when I checked in, I told them where we had stayed the previous year and asked if I could have that room again. They got us in the same mansion, but not the same room.

Upvote 0

pacochran

I think they do keep track of the rooms. This past year at BCV we wanted a specific floor and view and they came back and said that the room we had the prior year was not available. This worked out really good because the room we got this year was even better.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster

I tend to go in less busy seasons so there are empty rooms at times the building I went for is a bit out of the way, and staying at POR, rooms can be differently decorated, located in different areas of the resort(say closer to the arcade or the pool, have different views, and even a different amount of windows.

Thanks for the input all, it's good to hear they may keep track of that.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

JP once went over what happens when you request rooms...

If you request a specific room your chances of getting it are obviously pretty small (as Kyle said, you would have to have a person out of that room the day you arrive). When they look at this request they don't pay attention to the fact that you might be ok staying in the room next door...they only pay attention to your actual request. If you want that room but would be ok with something similar, then you should request a specific building or area. This way you get something close to what you are looking for. The more broad you make your requests, the more likely you are going to be to get them.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Depending on when your last trip was the front desk might have access to what your room number was. If your last trip was only a couple of months ago, then they might be able to pull it up.

If it was a year ago or longer, it's going to be more difficult.

The agent at the reservation center that makes your reservation will not be able to see your previous room numbers.

You are much better off asking for a range floor and building, if necessary adding a range of rooms (7201-7124 if you want 7109 at Pop Century).

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Depending on when your last trip was the front desk might have access to what your room number was. If your last trip was only a couple of months ago, then they might be able to pull it up.

If it was a year ago or longer, it's going to be more difficult.

The agent at the reservation center that makes your reservation will not be able to see your previous room numbers.

You are much better off asking for a range floor and building, if necessary adding a range of rooms (7201-7124 if you want 7109 at Pop Century).
Where the hell have you been? I saw the avartar and said, is that the same Turkey. Then I looked and you haven't posted since 2005....:wave:

Good to see you back...:sohappy:

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

I know they keep track of how many TIMES and where you have stayed because this year they said to me: "Oh, you have been here 33 times! Last time staying at the Polynesian."

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

JP once went over what happens when you request rooms...

If you request a specific room your chances of getting it are obviously pretty small (as Kyle said, you would have to have a person out of that room the day you arrive). When they look at this request they don't pay attention to the fact that you might be ok staying in the room next door...they only pay attention to your actual request. If you want that room but would be ok with something similar, then you should request a specific building or area. This way you get something close to what you are looking for. The more broad you make your requests, the more likely you are going to be to get them.

Exactly!!! If you have a specific thing that made that room so great for you, mention it as part of your request, as they may have another room if the exact room you wanted is uavailable, that would accomplish the same great result. So for example, you wanted room 1007 as it was really close to the quiet pool which you loved, request being near the quiet pool as the room assigners would have no idea why room 1007 was so great for you and if they couldnt fulfill that request, they wouldnt be able to even partially know what to look for to try to make you happy, see? Belle

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

You know I often wondered the same thing. Last Sept (08) we had gone to SSR stayed in the same room that we stayed in last time...We loved this room, great view of Downtown Disney, Pool outside our room, bus stop around the corner....Perfect...We even commented last year about it...So we could not believe that we got it again this past visist(Sept 08)..My family who was also staying at SSR got the room that we had the first nite we were at SSR( last Sept 07, Before we changed rooms) and we did not like the fact that a huge tree basically covered the view from the balcony...Needless to say the tree was gone.... Much better view, they loved it!! But I was curious too if they keep track.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom