Does Disney ever get boring?

sweetpee_1993

Okay, hear me out for a second. I'm sure most of the people on this forum do not have a pass to go all year long, and live about five minutes from Disney. But what if you did? Would it get boring after a while, going to the same rides over and over again? Tell me what you think!
When I was a kid, maybe 10-13 or so, we were locals and had seasonal passes. They were only good 3 months out of the year. We would go every weekend during our pass months. My siblings/step-siblings and I, 5 of us, were all within 4 years of each other in age. Our parents would bring us into the parks (MK & Epcot at the time), give us a time to meet back, and as long as we stayed in groups we could do what we wanted. We had to stay in the park we were supposed to be in. So off we'd go. I remember being with my younger step-sister in the MK and not being able to think of anything we wanted to do. We were bored. My brothers were way more creative than us and all sorts of shenanigans went down. They'd avoid giving their passes back to our folks and leave the park. They'd do all sorts of things that were bad. I was always too afraid of getting in trouble. I was coerced in a few times but nothing like the boys would do. I think the worst I did was participate in dropping little candies from the skyway buckets and watching people below freak out thinking they got bird-bombed. So, yeah, it's possible for KIDS to go to Disney and get bored. My parents quit buying the passes after 2 or 3 years because nobody wanted to go anymore.

As an adult, I went with my own family for full on vacations 9 times in 7 years. We stopped going back, moved onto cruising & most recently Disneyland because we kinda lost interest. Bored was 1 of the factors, for sure. It's been almost 3 years since we did a parks vacation at WDW. We still don't feel the need. I keep up with the latest just to be in the know should we decide to give it a go again in the future.

Redsky89

I'm a annual pass holder and go once or twice a month. Before I moved to Florida I went once a year every year for over a decade. It still doesn't get boring to me. I can't find a atmosphere like Disney anywhere else. It's truly a place to escape reality for a few hours which never gets old.

Ariel Savage

I got about once a year for the past several years and I find that each trip or time is completely different. There's always something new to look at or experience or something you missed or overlooked. So, no, I've never been bored of it.

ChazDiz1971

Our family has a 5 and half hour drive to get to WDW, and we go at a minimum 2 times a year, and as many as 5 times a year. Having children, it is never boring. I could spend an entire day on Main Street, people watching. I like to spend most afternoons by the pool. I enjoy walking around World Showcase at night. I have gotten rather tired of the rides, but I can't imagine ever getting bored of the Disney experience!

gitchard

We have had AP for 8 years now. We live about one hour away so we go once or twice a month. I don't find it boring at all. It is a very relaxing time out for the family. We don't have to do a lot of planning because if there is a long line for something we want to do, we can just pass it up and do it the next time we go. Meals are relaxing because we don't have to rush to try getting everything in.

Also it is fun to watch all the changes in the parks. We watched EE, NFL and 7DMT through the entire construction. Now watching them redo the Hub.

We can do all the special events they have. I have been to all of the 24 hour event, the first Villains Unleashed event. We pick out the acts we want to see for Eat to the Beat and will go just for the concerts. Me and my DW will pick one day during the F&W just go without the kids to try the different food.

So never get bored because there is so much to do. We just do a little bit every time we go so we are never really doing the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom