Does Disney ever get boring?

Jennifer66

We only go every few years, which keeps us from getting bored. There is really nowhere we want to go to every year, so we mix it up a lot. It works for us, and my children have been exposed to many, many different places.

MMlvr

Bored no way !!! We go every year and never get bored . But that's the difference, we live out of state. WDW has so much to offer. Rides, water parks, shopping, nightlife, restaurants etc..... Luv it!!!

I'm 24 and have gone to WDW about every 2 or so years on average since I was 4. I've never gotten bored with it but my older brother and sister often do. I think what keeps it from being boring for me is the fact that we don't go but so often and the fact that there's still so much stuff there that I haven't done. Even stuff that's been around forever. My last trip, 2 years ago, was the first time I'd ever eaten in one of the restaurants at World Showcase that wasn't a quick service. We ate at Nine Dragons and it was amazing but I'd never really eaten at a "sit down" kind of place like that at WDW. On that trip we also ate at the Brown Derby for the first time. There are TONS of restaurants we've never visited. There are also parades that I haven't seen and plenty of details that I'm sure I haven't taken in. Plenty of shops I haven't visited. So all of the unexplored things are what keep it from being boring for me but also the nostalgia of the things that I have done so many times. I just never get tired of it.

psukardi

I don't think it gets "boring" as much as I find myself shifting things around & looking for new things to do.

I had a large gap of time where I had zero Disney in my life (5+ years) but then started going quite frequently in the last 3 or so years. So now that I have gone on all the rides multiple times over we find new things to do. Go for F&W fest. Go on a Tour. Go to the Spa. Spend time at the pool. Go to "that other park"....

I make it work

Brian & Jill

Nope! My DW and I go down every year and some tomes twice a year for the last 12 years and we never get bored. We are always trying to do different things and staying at different disney resorts.:)

Laura

It gets very boring. I dread going there.

I had an AP from 2006-2009 and went way too many times. Then moved to California and went to Disneyland about 600 times until I hated it with a passion. Now I live in Florida and have an AP to WDW again. I'm SO sick of Disney parks I could puke.

But unfortunately, my fiancé @James never gets sick of them, and I get dragged there repeatedly with him.

My kids were sick of Disney by the time they were 10. Too many trips when they were younger. I stopped renewing their APs for a couple years to give them a break so they could enjoy it again.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It gets very boring. I dread going there.

I had an AP from 2006-2009 and went way too many times. Then moved to California and went to Disneyland about 600 times until I hated it with a passion. Now I live in Florida and have an AP to WDW again. I'm SO sick of Disney parks I could puke.

But unfortunately, my fiancé @James never gets sick of them, and I get dragged there repeatedly with him.

My kids were sick of Disney by the time they were 10. Too many trips when they were younger. I stopped renewing their APs for a couple years to give them a break so they could enjoy it again.
With all the changes and additions, you should be able to enjoy it again. Starbucks are more assessable, and you can reserve rides in advance. Plus, they plussed the churros.

NJL

I Don't think so.

b80efe23.gif

NiarrNDisney

Absolutely not there is so much to do that its almost impossible to do it all in one trip which allows for a new experience each and every vacation!

ElvisMickey

I moved to the Orlando area from NJ in December for an awesome work opportunity. I'm in Lake Mary which is about 30 miles North of WDW. From annual trips every Summer since I was a kid to now visiting the parks for at least 3-4 hours once a week, I can honestly say that I never get bored. I can take my time, explore every nook and cranny, do things I've never done before, etc., which is really nice. What I WILL say is that I tend to notice more things that are wrong since I'm there on a regular basis, so I end up feeling a little discouraged that the WDW of my youth has changed. But that gives me something to rant about on here, so...lol...

Disnee4Me

I think I could happily go twice a year, 2 weeks at a time, so I have some down time, yet still get to see everything and would not be bored. I miss going the last two weeks of August when my DSs were in elementary/middle school. We would get 5 day parks hoppers, 3 day water park passes and just chill the other days. They always had cousins that came along too, which made hanging in the pool while mom did laundry fun for them, no reason to get bored. Now we go at Christmas time, usually a week or a little more and I could never get bored with the decorations.

Lost__Girl

Nope, I don't! I've been in '92, '04, '05, '09, '11. And since I moved down south almost 2 years ago and am now a 4.5hr drive away, I have APs and try to go anywhere from once a month-once every 3 months. After that I start jonesing for another trip :happy:

But I think having the APs and knowing we can come back in a few weeks helps. We might only hit a park or two and take our time. If something is too long of a wait it's no big deal, we'll just hit it next time! But I will say with all our weekend getaways, I do miss being there on 'vacation' for 5-7 days at a time, rather than just 2-3.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Im not bragging at all, but I'm an AP and I try to visit WDW at least once a month for a couple of days and I never seem to get bored of it.

It just depends on the person, I guess.

I'm an AP also and while I don't visit as frequently as you do (every 2-3 months), I don't get bored. On our next trip we are bringing my daughter's BF who hasn't been in years, so it will be like new again as we show him everything Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom