Does Disney ever get boring?

ProfSavage

1432728_o.gif

jlsHouston

No, I am never bored on property. I spend 8-12 days each trip on property but because I am also working while I am there so I never get to see all do all I plan on and the time flies and I am always sad my visit has come to an end. I find the resorts really nicely themed and relaxing and lots of interesting and delicious food choices and I love the parks.

Sands611

Never bored but sometimes I do question the value factor. Seems over the past 8 years there is a decline in level of service and quality of food/offerings. Disney like any other company is in this for profit and I understand it completely but-. If I wanted 5 star service I'd have gone to the 4 Seasons or other like property-but they have cheesed out (IMHO) on things as time goes on

What I am most "bored" with is the lack of common courtesy among guests. It's society in general and not specific to Disney. I sometimes find myself questioning my decision to $$$$ the money there. I am now at a point of every "other" year doing Disney. Maybe I am old? I am in the resort more and more doing resort things now and no longer doing sun up to sun down park hopping!

Back to the original question- Bored at Disney. No there is "always" something to do, see, eat or watch. No, never bored.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
As someone who has worked there, and currently has great disdain for the way things are being "managed", I will always enjoy coasting on TTA, or watching Fantasmic! and IllumiNations. However, getting there is just a hassle, even as a local.

Driving with the crowds, parking, getting to the park, them doing them in reverse hours later becomes a chore, and the novelty does wear down to the point that it's worth it less and less.

Of course, as I said, I used to be pretty spoiled, so my view may be slightly skewed.

Goofyernmost

I get bored. I have been there way to often. After I have done my favorites, I start to get tired of all the happy, happy, joy, joy and just want to do something evil. Sadly, I don't have an evil bone in my body, so, I can never think of anything to do. Perfection is such a burden! :angelic:

STITCHGEFAN

Not bored. Never, ever bored, however maybe the excitement factor isn't quite the same. I remember before the Star Tours revamp myself and dad looking at each other rolling our eyes due to the predictable ending.

I find the best way to limit that is by doing things differently. On my trip last year my gf came. It was refreshing watching her reactions and made the trip for me & also made me realise how fun things are that I haven't appreciated for years.

Our next trip (June '15) will be with family friends who last went 5 years ago. It will be my first trip being legal to drink in FL, so we are doing the world drinking tour. I can't wait!

Disney's diversity is what is so appealing, it sometimes just needs a bit of imagination.

Disneyhead'71

As a local now, I can say that I am probably bored with the parks. Sure, I can always find something to do, and I usually enjoy most of it. But I'm to the point where there is nothing down there that I really WANT to do. The last time I wanted to do something at WDW was when Phase I of NFL opened. But I didn't want to badly enough to buy a ticket. Or even go through the process of getting free media tickets. What got me there was a CM friend called and said "I have 2 extra CM Preview passes, want to join us?" So my 12 year old daughter and I went. We spent 2 hours in NFL, 2 hours hitting Space, HM, PotC, BTMRR, and Space again. At 4pm, my 12 year old said, "can we go home, I'm bored." I thought about it, and said, "One trip on the TTA, and were outta here."
I can get 4 free media tickets a year. I haven't gotten them for the past 3 years.
I'm in a similar position now in that I would like to check out the mine train, but I just haven't been motivated enough to make the effort.

Animaniac93-98

If I were a local I would probably get bored with the parks (WDW and UNI) too. For me going to WDW is almost always a once a year event, or an extra side trip to MK. For that reason, I still like to go for a few nights, stay on site with a discounted room, and do the things I like best and try some different stuff too.

However, that list of "things" is shorter than it used to be. For the most part what draws me to WDW is MK and Epcot. I'd go to DHS if I could get an "after 4pm" ticket, but otherwise it's too expensive for just a few hours visiting that park.

roj2323

yes and no. If all you ever do is the major attractions you will get bored quickly. On the other hand if you make a point of doing something you have not done before or you check something out in greater detail you can never really get bored. Another huge plus to having a season pass or a main gate is you can go to a park for 2-3 hours and not feel bad about it. One of my favorite things to do is to just go for lunch or dinner. On several occasions i've visited just to walk around and relax never bothering to stop to ride something or buy something. It's very liberating. I honestly do not know how people can enjoy the Disney experience in just a week or only one day per park.

Chernaboggles

Mr. CBs and I experimented with this idea on a small scale, and while we never got bored, we did get tired of certain aspects of WDW. We got tired of the process of entering and exiting the park, the safety announcements and the crowds. After a while, I started to get sick of individual rides, and we had to skip those for a few days before I wanted to ride them again.

I think living near Disney is like living anywhere else that's a vacation destination - you learn to use it differently than people who come for a few days or a week. It becomes part of regular life, not so much a "vacation", but that doesn't mean it stops being fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom