Does Disney ever get boring?

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
Okay, hear me out for a second. I'm sure most of the people on this forum do not have a pass to go all year long, and live about five minutes from Disney. But what if you did? Would it get boring after a while, going to the same rides over and over again? Tell me what you think!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Okay, hear me out for a second. I'm sure most of the people on this forum do not have a pass to go all year long, and live about five minutes from Disney. But what if you did? Would it get boring after a while, going to the same rides over and over again? Tell me what you think!

I honestly am quite bored of WDW now... Whoa so shocking! o_O

Although... I am NOT bored when I go with friends! It is a BLAST! I'm usually just either dropped off by myself or with my sister, and we've been so many times. But we're going in August and she's bringing her best friend and I'm bringing mine. My friend has never been so I'll be looking at all of his reactions the whole time. :D

I went to Disneyland for the first time a while ago and found out how amazingly different it is from WDW.. and also, the parks are not as small as everyone (who's never been) portrays them to be. It was exciting and I barely even did any of the attractions at either park (was there for one day). Soooo, yea. That's when I figured out I'm just a little bored of WDW....... by myself!

tigger1968

Never. There is simply too much to see and do for me. Part of what I enjoy most is just sitting on a bench in any of the parks and watching the people, or enjoying the landscaping and theming. It's not always about how many attractions I can experience. I often find that by slowing down a bit you see a lot of things you would normally miss. The quest for Hidden Mickeys is a great way to see the parks differently for example.

One of my favorite moments at WDW was sitting on a bench outside the pin store in Frontierland while other family was shopping inside. The park was fairly crowded. I was sitting next to a planter full of very pretty flowers, when I was buzzed by a hummingbird who was working his way through the flowers there. I got to watch this busy little creature from about 3 feet away, and nobody noticed him but me. A most magical moment for me. :)

seahawk7

So when you ask if I get bored of Disney I say no because even if I am tired of the parks I can wander the Disney property, ride its' bodies of water, eats in its' hotels restaurants, and play in its' waterparks. There is more to add but I think that will suffice. So bored? Uh-uh

JIMINYCR

I dont think I ever would. At least I hope I would never get to the point that Disney would become boring. I think I would adjust the way I explore the parks, look for new things to do, take more time to enjoy the little things. I would have more time to seek out the hidden mickeys, try different restaurants and menu selections, go to every special event, resort hop more. Given the time I'd see another side of Disney that the pressures of limited time now doesnt allow. Oh man, let me come into a windfall so I could try it.:rolleyes:

ImagineerDude

When it's just my mom and I? No. When other people are with us (the rest of my family or some friends) then yes I'm bored and tired of their constant complaining!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm never bored, but I'm in the visit once or twice a year boat. Perhaps if I visited more often I would get bored. I live near the Mall of America in Minnesota and I'm always amazed at all the tourists there because it doesn't seem like a big deal to so I can imagine people living close might feel bored or it might lose a bit of specialty.

I remember when we were visiting Disneyland we ran into a gentleman that had always lived with 20 minutes of Disneyland and was currently living a 10 minute bus ride away. He told us he had been there as a 7 year old on opening day and came back often as a child, with his children, and now he goes basically everyday. He said that Disneyland is his daily walk; he walks around Disneyland or DCA everyday for his exercise and sometimes goes on a ride. After we were done talking to him, I told my husband that it would be so cool to do our daily walks at Disney, and he laughed at my Disney nerdiness. But anyway, apparently this guy wasn't bored with Disney after 58 years (at the time we talked to him)

Pocahontas

cFoHq1o.gif

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
I'm never bored, but I'm in the visit once or twice a year boat. Perhaps if I visited more often I would get bored. I live near the Mall of America in Minnesota and I'm always amazed at all the tourists there because it doesn't seem like a big deal to so I can imagine people living close might feel bored or it might lose a bit of specialty.

I remember when we were visiting Disneyland we ran into a gentleman that had always lived with 20 minutes of Disneyland and was currently living a 10 minute bus ride away. He told us he had been there as a 7 year old on opening day and came back often as a child, with his children, and now he goes basically everyday. He said that Disneyland is his daily walk; he walks around Disneyland or DCA everyday for his exercise and sometimes goes on a ride. After we were done talking to him, I told my husband that it would be so cool to do our daily walks at Disney, and he laughed at my Disney nerdiness. But anyway, apparently this guy wasn't bored with Disney after 58 years (at the time we talked to him)
That's really cool! If I lived ten minutes distance, I would probably go ever day, as well!

disney4life2008

I lived in Orlando for 5 months in 2013 and thanks to my AP I was at disney every chance I could. by the time I was to come back to Illinois - I did not want to see disney again. Needless to say I was right back there in January and going back in August

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom