Does anybody else ever get this feeling?

Disneydreamer23

yes especially on my last night i get depressed , i am in that slump now @ 103 days i feel like this is going to be forever i usually go 2 x a yr but since thisw as m y honey moon @ over 4,000 for disney i decided to not go in december which i usually do and do a cruise in may .. i just wish the 1034 days would be like 20 already!

cameronmouse

my "sad" feeling usually starts the night before we leave, then carries to the day we leave. I'm content when I am on the flight home and then probably within a couple of days after being home and getting back into the routine is when it all starts.....when are we gonna go back? right now last week we were..... etc. it makes it a little easier to try and plan your next vist, but then you start the countdown which usually feels so far away lol

rcapolete

Definitely and I start to think the first day back home about what I'd be doing in Disney at that time for example 8:30 a.m we'd be at bus stop 11 p.m. We'd be waiting for wishes to start

i do the same thing. We are going in 3 1/2 weeks for 6 days an i am already dreading that feeling once it is over lol.

WelshBatman

... it's no fun leaving and on the way home everyone gets bummed. But then at 9:03 almost every night (sometimes it's a little late) Illuminations begins and my dogs don't like the sound of the fireworks and start to get nervous and I realize I only live 6 miles from Disney.... sorry I had to say this.

RICKY MOUSE

I also get upset when we have to leave WDW having to drive past all the WDW warehouses on my way thru all the back roads on my 2 mile trip to my home. Isn't life grand when you can go to WDW daily if you choose to. It's alway's a great big beautiful tomorrow living close to WDW.

forevermickey

LOL.... . you are amongst friends.... I wonder sometimes what WDW puts in the food or the water... because so many of us go through this.. and I have not felt this way after a vacation somewhere else( not that I go anywhere as amazing as WDW) My "Disney Depression" lasts months... I go in Sept. so when I get back I go right into all the Holidays.. but man, it's like getting hit in the head with a brick!! Everything described on the pages above I have felt as well :(.......... Here's to your next WDW vacation!!!!:wave:

:lol: I'm so glad I'm not the only one, I was getting worried. :lookaroun

I went for the first time when I was 9 and always wanted to go back. Now as an adult, we saved up our money and myself, husband, and daughter (3) went last year. When it was over my husband looked at me and said "When are we going back?" You have no idea how happy that made me. :sohappy:

Now I check wdwmagic.com forums everyday for updates, subscribe to the disney blog, and chat up one poor lady at work with "disney world this, & disney world that" because I know shes been down there a few times. And of course I'm already planning our next trip.

Yes, I think I'm a disneyholic.

stitch34

That feeling starts kicking in for me when we get to our last couple days of our trip. we just returned on the 8th. Granted, we have a Thanksgiving trip booked and am forever tweaking our plans for that... but oh, so far away! While I wouldn't care to live in Florida, I can't help but think on a boring weekend like this weekend here in NJ, how nice it would be to say hey, let's go jump in the car and hang at DHS for a bit!

TropicalFig8

You're not alone,my friend.

When I get back to my hometown,I feel like I rather be in Disney right now than being here. I start doing other things to get it off of my mind but it takes me about 2 months to get out of the Disney phase.

Mr mom

I went for the very first time in may of 2010, my wife had been after me for some time to go and I felt like it was no biggie. After a day or so there it felt like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. When we got home I told her we were going back asap, it kept getting moved due to "life" but we leave next month and this time we added a few more days. I cannot wait... I have a Mickey ID holder I use to carry my work id and when people ask me about it, I tell them it is a symbol of my happy place and every day I can look at it and know I'm going back. And we are already talking about when we will go back again after this trip...

mp2bill

All the time, but it's the worst as soon as your back in your own town. After each trip it's off to YouTube to watch videos and learn more and more facts for the next one.

Same here...YouTube, Mousebits, Martin's videos, etc... I also tend to go on a Disney memorabilia buying binge, which is sometimes dangerous considering how much fake stuff there is on EBay.

Herky

I've been experiencing withdrawal since my last trip in November 2010. My doctor says I will continue to feel this way until November 2011 when we go back.

I wonder if I got a note from my doc stating the need to go to WDW, maybe I could get free dining. It's worth a shot I suppose.

DisneyFan 2000

I'm surprised it took you so long! :lol:
I just got back from my first time to HKDL. I was there from park opening till closing time. On my way back to the train ride to the hotel I already had that feeling kick in! I was like, oh man! Is this it? I want MORE. Don't worry, you're definitely not alone with those feelings.

Disneydreamer23

:lol: I'm so glad I'm not the only one, I was getting worried. :lookaroun

I went for the first time when I was 9 and always wanted to go back. Now as an adult, we saved up our money and myself, husband, and daughter (3) went last year. When it was over my husband looked at me and said "When are we going back?" You have no idea how happy that made me. :sohappy:

Now I check wdwmagic.com forums everyday for updates, subscribe to the disney blog, and chat up one poor lady at work with "disney world this, & disney world that" because I know shes been down there a few times. And of course I'm already planning our next trip.

Yes, I think I'm a disneyholic.

nope aloot of us have it i before was told i need to see a psycologist to talk about my problem lol

mickeysshoes

Yes..you can add me to the club!! Thats why now DH and I have a dinner one night just the 2 of us so Ivcan start the talk about when we should book the next trip...so far the past 2 years have been easy...did August again...but this trip (31 days) might take some more work on my part. I think i want to Thanksgiving or CHRISTMAS again!!!! Which would make the trip over a years wait...more like 16 months instead of 12......:lookaroun

stillgoofy

I also usually have another trip planned but it still hits me when I return home. When I ride the monorail and hear the spiel about "if this concludes your trip to Disney World, we hope you have enjoyed your stay" I always think that someone is hearing this right before they go home. And then on our last day, I'm hearing it before we go home and then depression sets in. I try to start thinking about what I missed out on this trip that I will definitely do on my next trip. And then of course, the countdown begins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom