Does any one find test track to be boring

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
so any faster and the car flies off the track, im not buying that.
No, any faster and the vehicle exceeds the safety margin certified by RCID and WDI before handover, and the attraction will shut down. As WDWMagic said, they can go faster but can`t take the risk.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Oh i understand that, what I'm saying is that the ride is trying to be half thrill ride half slow show ride and it is a bit week on both ends, in my opinion

It sounds like the Richard Petty driving experience is more suited to you. Check that one out next time you are at WDW.

Glen Quagmire

Original Poster
No, any faster and the vehicle exceeds the safety margin certified by RCID and WDI before handover, and the attraction will shut down. As WDWMagic said, they can go faster but can`t take the risk.
right right I see all that. Let me clear up what i'm saying.
I'm not saying they could ever make these changes. What i am trying to discuss is how the ride simply falls short in so many areas. I am also talking about what I would do to the ride, in a perfect world.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
right right I see all that. Let me clear up what i'm saying.
I'm not saying they could ever make these changes. What i am trying to discuss is how the ride simply falls short in so many areas. I am also talking about what I would do to the ride, in a perfect world.

In a Disney perfect world they need:

1- To be socially responsible, and not show road cars travelling above the national speed limit.
2- Have the ride be very very reliable from a safetly point of view.
3- Have the required ride capacity
4- Have the ride be accessible to a vast majority of EPcot guests.

The current TT fits the bill on all those points.

Glen Quagmire

Original Poster
In a Disney perfect world they need:

1- To be socially responsible, and not show road cars travelling above the national speed limit.
2- Have the ride be very very reliable from a safetly point of view.
3- Have the required ride capacity
4- Have the ride be accessible to a vast majority of EPcot guests.

The current TT fits the bill on all those points.
good point, I understand the disney way od doing things, and if all i wanted was thrill rides i wouldnt have to take a trip to florida to get that. My point is slower than most highway drivers and the interior is joke. for such a high ticket ride i would think it would be much better. I'm all for progress but they could have refurbed and updated WoM and ended up ahead of the game. I know it's advanced and i apploud them for using the most cutting edge technology they had available but all they did was make a boring interior and a soso exterior.

Champion

Specificly anyone who is in to motorsports or drives in competition or maybe just own a fast car. I know its a ride and it cant be too wild but it just not go fast enough nor does it enduce the same lateral G's that driving a finely tuned automobile does. Is this just me.

I consider it the worst attraction in WDW.

Others like it, so I won't go around and post about how it ruins the magic or blah blah blah tear it up and rebuild "Mr. Toad steals a Corvette" in its place.

Champion

so any faster and the car flies off the track, im not buying that. Isnt the car anchored to the track in some way, from under the track? I just don't see that its impossible, I understand that its not gonna happen but still, impossible

Martin = Disney uber expert.
You = Not.

Therefore
Martin = right
You = wrong

Glen Quagmire

Original Poster
You = Not.

Therefore
Martin = right
You = wrong
eh i guess, but I don't really think he understood what i was trying to say or maybe he does and you don't. It's obvious he knows his stuff, but that doesn't make me wrong. but it's cool I don't care too much if I'm wrong anyway

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You = Not.

Therefore
Martin = right
You = wrong
Ouch.... thanks - I think!

The ride system itself is fantastic in all respects, but I know what Glen means about the interior; for such a vast space it`s very empty. I know I know... it`s a test track... but it could be a Disney version! Real fake trees for a start (?!) would help, but #1 improvement would be get all the effects working as they were designed to.

I was genuinly surprised at the views of backstage too - some facades or similar on the straight track at least towards the loop could have worked wonders asthetically and practically. I dare say however there wasn`t much money left in the kitty.

Champion

eh i guess, but I don't really think he understood what i was trying to say or maybe he does and you don't. It's obvious he knows his stuff, but that doesn't make me wrong. but it's cool I don't care too much if I'm wrong anyway

He understood exactly what you meant. He even gave the banking you would need for the increased speed.

Glen Quagmire

Original Poster
He understood exactly what you meant. He even gave the banking you would need for the increased speed.
Yes he did, with the current ride vehicles, with some sort of upgraded method of keaping the car on the track (Id imagine) it could be done(but would kind of make it more like a roller coaster) but like i said before the whole ride would have to be changed. I realize this could not happen and I wasnt saying that it is something disney should do as the ride is already built and pretty succesful.

Glen Quagmire

Original Poster
Ouch.... thanks - I think!

The ride system itself is fantastic in all respects, but I know what Glen means about the interior; for such a vast space it`s very empty. I know I know... it`s a test track... but it could be a Disney version! Real fake trees for a start (?!) would help, but #1 improvement would be get all the effects working as they were designed to.

I was genuinly surprised at the views of backstage too - some facades or similar on the straight track at least towards the loop could have worked wonders asthetically and practically. I dare say however there wasn`t much money left in the kitty.
I agree, maybe even some sort of tunel, but I guess it does look like the outside of a test facility, parking lots and the works. The insdie i just can't tell what they were going for, it's a little cheesey to say the least

tirian

I used to think that Test Track was boring; then I road it at night. You feel like you're flying.

Now TT one of my favorite evening attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom