Does any one find test track to be boring

tirian

:eek:

I love Dinosaur. Many Disney fans complain about the lack of theming and scenery, but I prefer it that way! The darkness makes this more of a psychological thriller. I know that I'm in the minority here, but I think that getting jostled around in the darkness with loud noises is more exciting than driving through a well-lit temple.

Glen Quagmire

Original Poster

I love Dinosaur. Many Disney fans complain about the lack of theming and scenery, but I prefer it that way! The darkness makes this more of a psychological thriller. I know that I'm in the minority here, but I think that getting jostled around in the darkness with loud noises is more exciting than driving through a well-lit temple.
I actually like that one, maybe because I'm not at AK as often

ThumperDude

I haven't ridden it yet. The opening kept being delayed the last several times I've been. But from the videos, it looks sorta cheaply made. Maybe I'm just bitter I'll never get to ride WoM again. It was always one of my 'uniquely Disney' favorites.

MPitzen

Specificly anyone who is in to motorsports or drives in competition or maybe just own a fast car. I know its a ride and it cant be too wild but it just not go fast enough nor does it enduce the same lateral G's that driving a finely tuned automobile does. Is this just me.

I would most certaintly have to agree with your opinion. I am a drag racer, so the ride does not do much for me. I love most roller coasters and other rides, however, the purpose of this ride is not accomplished. I know this is just my opinion, and I have other friends who are also racers who really like the ride.

west.jpg

Pete C

I like Dinosaur, I really do, but let's face it the ride gets no attention. It is in a kids area tucked away in a nook of the park that gets overlooked. They might as well take the ride system over to MGM, build Indy, and get 5 times the ridership. Give me a break. It is totally insane that Indy does not exist at MGM. At this point they should cut their losses with Dinosaur. That ride is sadly neglected. They should just put in some ridiculous kiddy dinosaur ride because that area of AK sucks!!!

As for Test Track it is 15-20 mph slower at the end than it needs to be for such a long, wide turn to be thrilling. It's just too wide to generate any G-forces.

Skylinecar1982

I find it kind of boring from the stand point of being a Motor Sports Enthusiast but, on the other hand as a normal person I find it fun and enjoy it.

Champion : I think your responses to Glen and rude and uncalled for. My question to you is have you done the research? My motto is question everything never take one persons opinion.(Oh and just so you know everyone responses are opinions being there is no way to back up information stated) How do you know or judge one person being and genius and the other being not?

Anyways for the ride. I do believe they could add a longer straight and do a 0-100-0 test. Or maybe how about the slalom. Just plain speed is nothing, I've done 155MPH in a car and 174mph on a bike and it is nothing compared to 80mph+ in a turn banked or not also a thrill is acceleration(I used to have a 94 rx-7 single turbo w/ 350whp anyone who knows cars knows these are fast)G's equal thrills So it boils down to G's and speed alone equals no G's. Or how about just adding some plain non-bank turns. And of course improve the support in the seats. I know this is kind of difficult knowing the seats have to accommodate guests of all sizes and shapes while resisting wear and tear. Maybe some sort of self adjustable air-bag support system in the seats.

I think for the last turn: the steering angle of the turn and the bank both play a part in how fast you can go in the turn. Maybe if they where to make the turn wider or make the bank steeper they would be able to squeeze a couple more MPH out of the turn. Of course assuming that the angle of the bank right now is not enough to go faster. Which I believe is not true. I say this for the reason that there is alot more that goes into this then in s normal car. I mean is the ride like slot cars(just a pin attached to the car guiding it around the track)or is it like a roller coaster (with two to more wheels hugging the track in different directions.)

kucarachi

Test Track Yawn

I'll admit the first time i rode it i was like wow! There is so much going on its really fun and i had never heard anything about it. But when it all culminates to going 65 odd mph its not very exciting since i see grandma's heading to bingo games doing 85 while they are putting their teeth in. It still is a must do, but they really need to make the part when your going 65 indoors, and put a screen up that makes it look like your actually going a lot faster. Such as in cars with all the people in the stands and other cars getting passed up by you. To me it ruins the ride to go outside..its like space mountain with the lights on. Bring in the pixar cars to test track! Cause really the whole scene reminds me of early 80's disney even though the ride isnt that old! Still i love it and will ride it no matter what anyone says.

WWallaceII

Well, I am a big fan of TT, rode it countless times last year - there were no queues :D I don't go on it for speed, but the last part is pretty fun, and I don't go on it for a "wow" factor. I do however go on it because its got metal, car parts, cars, engineering....MAN stuff :p

My fiance laughed at that comment, as she said I looked like a prize fool in the queue system, looking at the suspension test - when there was no-one in the queue, and therefore no need to stop to look.

Ahh well, I still like it (p.s - so did she :) )

P.P.S - But the pre-ride video drives me nuts!!!!:zipit:

bgraham34

I love riding Dinosaur. I never hold on while in the vehicle it makes for a better experience. As for Fast Track i think its ok. I have more fun driving my car.

doop

I enjoy Test Track very much. I don't own any fast cars and I sure haven't been in a race car, so it is a big thrill to go that fast, even though you can do it on the freeway.

Imaginationeer

Specificly anyone who is in to motorsports or drives in competition or maybe just own a fast car. I know its a ride and it cant be too wild but it just not go fast enough nor does it enduce the same lateral G's that driving a finely tuned automobile does. Is this just me.
Well, just for you, we could speed it up, and gleefully watch your face get supressed into the back of your skull. Sounds like a family E ticket to me. :drevil:

k.hunter30

Test Track is ok. Just ok. I'll go on it if i can speed past the lines in the single-rider line - but to me it's not worth a long wait. the most fun I have with the ride is looking for the hidden Mickeys.

Since I rode the Indiana Jones ride in DL first, Dinosaur just can't compare for me. Similar ride, but Indy is so much more fun in my opinion.

primetime52

I can't really explain why, but I actually prefer the inside portion of TT more than the outdoor finale. Maybe because It's usually so hot when I'm at Epcot and it's nice to be on an indoor ride in cool temperatures. The speedy finale just seems anti climactic to me.

Glen Quagmire

Original Poster
Well, just for you, we could speed it up, and gleefully watch your face get supressed into the back of your skull. Sounds like a family E ticket to me. :drevil:
ha, I think i am came off a wrong in the post, I was really just looking for anyone who has the same opinion as me. Than discussion from there, seems that i may have ruffled a few feathers and for that i am sorry:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom