do your Tweens still like to meet n Greet characters?

aristocats

Original Poster
we had made a point of visiting and getting autographs on the past 2 trips for my kids. Now i am trying to fill in the blanks with missing characters and my oldest is saying she won't do it :eek: she is too old for it. Well i admit I want to see them and get photos. I know i can go and get them taken without her but if there is a line up for more then a few minutes, i know she will make a stink. How do you handle when the so called grown up :lookaroun wants to see them, but the kids don't

EPCOTPluto

Hmm... go early to the parks, for example, EPCOT, hit Soarin' or Test Track, & then go to the EPCOT Character Spot and jump in.

The line should be pretty short to see the Fab 5.

The same could be said for the MK. :)

DisneyGigi

I guess I am lucky. DD is 11 and still loves the characters. DS, almost 15 isn't as crazy over it as he used to be. He mostly just hates waiting in line but he still poses with favorite characters and at the character buffets he still gets pretty silly with them. He is thrilled at the idea that Scrooge may be at the MVMCP! :lol: He did go through a spell of being too cool for awhile but it didn't last long.

Disneyfan1981

I remember being 11, 12 and being "too cool" to wait in lines and take pictures with the characters, etc. That phase lasted until I was about 19 and then it became a fun thing to do with girlfriends and friends, goofing around and really enjoying ourselves. Recently I went to DL with my 12 year old cousin and she was too cool to do any of that stuff until we saw Winnie the Pooh, then she lost it. She wanted multiple pictures and an autograph so sometimes it isn't all the characters that they won't wait for.

DAKOTADISNEY

Our oldest daughter was 12 on our last WDW trip. She still liked the characters but was not quite as excited as she was a few years before that. We just let her decide if she wanted an autograph or picture with the character and left it at that.

Chrononymous

The first time I went with my Mom to WDW, she was insistant upon getting me to pose for pics with characters.

She definitely had to bribe me.

Of course, I was 24 at the time...:lookaroun

Now that I'm older, posing for pics with characters isn't quite so bad!

Of course, Mom is older too...and she seems to have less patience for character meet and greet lines than she used to.

Depends of the character as well!

amypooh

Went with my 13 year old niece as part of a group that had 6 other kids under 10. It was her 1st time to Disney, so that may / may not have played a part in her reaction.

She played the "I'm too cool" part until she saw what fun the other kids were having, then said "heck with it" and joined in the fun, eventually waited by herself (with 1 other adult) 2 hours (!!) to meet Ariel while the rest of us were doing other activities!!

She NEVER rides coasters, etc when we go to local parks , but she rode everything (including RNRC!) on this trip.

Disney magic just seems to be infectious!! :sohappy:

ann0d

My son is ten just barely a tween yet, but he still likes some of the characters, nothing Pooh or princesses, but Toy Story, Mickey and friends, etc

Goofy316

My oldest is 10 and she was acting like she was too cool but when I started interacting with them and acting like a kid with my 3 year old, all of a sudden she wants to be in the pictures.
I told her as we were walking away from the characters, its no fun being to cool in Disney.

jonnyc

I was into it the first couple of trips we went up until i was about 13. Since then it depends more on the character, such as my sister is nicknamed Chicken Little so a picture with him was a necessity.

Although i have never seen anyone of any age more excited to see a character then my mom with Tigger.

SonicRuin

My daughter is 12 and it really depends on who the character is. I see a picture on the character thread of Marie, and if my daughter had the chance to meet Marie, she would flip.
My son, who is 6, likes the characters, but again it depends on who it is. No interest at all in the Princesses.
I'm a 39 year old male, and when I saw Dug come walking out for a meet and greet last week, I squeeled like a little girl over the chance to get a picture with him! LOL!
I also blushed like a little kid when Minnie gave me a kiss. :eek:

foreverbelle

If you want to go meet them, I don't see why you shouldn't. I don't think there is an age limit to meeting them and whether your tween likes it or not, I think they can tough it out for you. Four years from now when they are getting ready to go off into the adult world, they will be all excited for it once again.

aristocats

Original Poster
Well DD has changed tune after i said maybe we have overdid Disney and need a few years break :ROFLOL:

She is willing to pose with any characters her sister and I want!!!

Tinkrbell

Im 19, almost 20 & I love meeting the characters more now than when my family would go when I was little. I always felt like I was being forced to meet the characters then, but I can now spend a day in the parks, and only meet characters. Just give it time, she might come around once you get there. If your younger child is still into the characters, that might help because she'll see how enjoyable the characters still are.

When I was 12 last year, I still wanted to see characters!

Except when it was a long line, then I would skip.

I just dont like seeing them sometimes when i am in the middle of eating! I would shove food into my mouth and they would come up right next to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom