Do you want to build a new resort?

Voxel

President of Progress City
Australian History = British convicts slaughtering aboriginals and taking their land, then apologizing a century later. There were some wars in between and a famous man hunt and that's about it.

Oh and a dingo stole a baby.
Okay maybe it just me but you guys need a ride inspired by this dingo stry

MA Screamin'

"Mega park" was my terminology. :D If we don't go for that concept, I see why and it makes sense. Maybe keep a straight-forward layout and infrastructure, and again, keep the content what is special. Could we go for three parks opposed to three? All three of the concepts we've heard could be included that way, but two for me is no problem.

So, to paraphrase and hopefully to get back on track, I think this is where we stand and ideas we have for parks:

Parks: Magic Kingdom with original castle (little IP), Sci-fi city Tomorrowland, Aussie history land along the lines of Liberty Square; EPCOT sister park (maybe focusing more on Future World); DisneyEarth; overall containing integrated hotels.

As maybe have said, we should try to pick the best or come to a consensus soon. When would work best?

@WED99 Gotta include that dingo. :hilarious: That could be a special IP, maybe the main character of a history ride, if that's what we do.

JokersWild

Australian History = British convicts slaughtering aboriginals and taking their land, then apologizing a century later. There were some wars in between and a famous man hunt and that's about it.

Oh and a dingo stole a baby.

Sounds like a great PoTC-style dark ride :p.

Also, I like the layout that MA suggested. While I'm not sure we would have enough material for a whole Tomorrowland park, it's still worth a shot.

DinoInstitute

I think it would be cool if we had the 2-3 parks seperate, and the parks, hotels, shopping/recreation center were all within a short walking distance, and we had a huge nighttime spectacular in the shopping/dinning/recreation center. Thoughts?

Wegerter

Another location to consider for the resort could actually be Hawaii. Oracle owns 95% of the smallest Hawaiian Island, Lani. Maybe Oracle would be willing to sell. I just think it would be cool to have a disney resort island.

JokersWild

It's a cool idea, but I'm not sure having a resort on a tropical island would really be feasible. You'd need a lot of resources and outsourcing to get even the most basic needs met.

Wegerter

It's a cool idea, but I'm not sure having a resort on a tropical island would really be feasible. You'd need a lot of resources and outsourcing to get even the most basic needs met.[/QUO

That's true but I think that it would be difficult for construction purposes, but not so much for operational purposes. There is a small city with an airport on the island where you can transport supplies elsewhere with ease.

Wegerter

image.jpg
This a pic from of the island from google maps. The island is mainly mountainous, but we would build where the pineapple fields were.
image.jpg
This is the flat area zoomed in. The city is in the top right corner

Wegerter

It's a cool idea, but I'm not sure having a resort on a tropical island would really be feasible. You'd need a lot of resources and outsourcing to get even the most basic needs met.
That's true, but there is a city with an airport nearby where we could ship materials from.

Thrill

Another location to consider for the resort could actually be Hawaii. Oracle owns 95% of the smallest Hawaiian Island, Lani. Maybe Oracle would be willing to sell. I just think it would be cool to have a disney resort island.

Not enough traffic. Hawaii is a 5+ hour plane ride from any population of significance. Almost all significant populations are closer to an existing (read: filled-out) Disney resort than they are to Hawaii.

MA Screamin'

@Wegerter I love your thinking, but we kind of have already decided on Aussie as our general location. Great idea though!

So, do we have a final consensus? I hate to be pushy, but we only have a month and that isn't a drastic amount of time. If it's a yes, I'll be working on my DisneyEarth park and I'd love to have someone join me.

Two side notes: one, keep in your mind how we'll be presenting this. Forum post, website, video? What about maps, artwork? Not so much now, but begin to think about your strengths or areas of interest. Two, what about our DTD?
Besides my World Showcase concept, what else?

Tip Top Club

So, to paraphrase and hopefully to get back on track, I think this is where we stand and ideas we have for parks:

Parks: Magic Kingdom with original castle (little IP), Sci-fi city Tomorrowland, Aussie history land along the lines of Liberty Square; EPCOT sister park (maybe focusing more on Future World); DisneyEarth; overall containing integrated hotels.

As maybe have said, we should try to pick the best or come to a consensus soon. When would work best?

@WED99 Gotta include that dingo. :hilarious: That could be a special IP, maybe the main character of a history ride, if that's what we do.

I would shy away from Aussie History (especially until a location is settled upon) EPCOT is so unique that I would also hesitate to recreate that. EPCOT is so perfect at Disney World that to try to duplicate it's success would be suicide in my opinion. I'm a bit confused about Disney Earth still, but I love the idea of integrated hotels.

Now then, Have we settled on one park or multiple? We could always start with one and then work out from there if this keeps it's steam.

LittleGiants16

Perhaps I should clarify my comments about history and especially the Aussie history points. I was not trying to advocate for the implementation of some type of Aussie history attraction or land, but more advising that we shy away from the inclusion of a liberty square-style or frontierland-style land. These simply would not convey the same feelings that they are able to convey here. If we do decide to put some sort of frontierland-style land into the park, then I think it should be geared to more of an outback or other Aussie-related concept. It just seems to me that an individual will take more kindly to a glossing over of their own nation's history than that of another nation's. The glossing over helps to evoke fond memories of one's own past, while there are no memories to be evoked when dealing with another nation's past. As I said previously, I was in no way attempting to say we need any inkling of history in the park (I'd love to try a castle park without a frontierland-style land) but if one is to exist, I feel it should reflect some type of that given nation's history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom