Do you want to build a new resort?

MA Screamin'

@LittleGiants16 Amen. That's what all of us as Imagineers should be thinking here: how would we pull at guests' emotions, and capture them in our stories? I think a merge of colonial Austraila or whatever makes sense in terms of how Liberty Square does for us Americans and Outback/Frontierland-esque land would go well. I'm up for trying!

@Tip Top Club Matt said the location is set to Aussie. If we were going to a EPCOT-like park, it wouldn't be exactly the same. But in case of formula and the greatness of the original, I see and agree with your point. It would not be suicide I think though.

To further explain my idea for DisneyEarth, refer to DisneySea first. It's a park exploring the magic and adventure found in the world's oceans and it's related parts. Take that concept and exchange sea with the land and then the sky/space. That's DisneyEarth: a large park about the magic and discoverer's spirit for our earth.

I think three is ideal, but yeah, have we settled on that number?

LittleGiants16

Boys and girls, never forget that theme parks are businesses. Although we may forget it from time to time, the ultimate goal of the imagineer is to convince people to spend money by crafting an amazing story. Think about it, there are many drop rides that are taller, faster, and more 'thrilling' than ToT, but do any of us own merchandise from those rides. Of course not, as it is just a ride. Imagineers sell tickets and merchandise through the stories they tell. People feel a connection with a ride like ToT; they went on a journey during the ride. One with highs and lows (pun intended) and multiple emotions toyed with. As such, many people seek to take a part of the ride home with them (a shirt or pin, for example) and in doing so they spend money. The more convincing the story and memorable the ride, the more money people spend. The trick is to find the right blend of thrill and story. When you find the right mix, then people spend money. Why do you think that there is a plethora of merchandise outside ToT and Test Track versus very little outside Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? Now, the argument can be made that the location of BTMR precludes it from having a dedicated merchandise cart, but this is something that could be easily remedied. I tend to argue that we see little BTMR merchandise because the ride is not particularly thrilling nor is the story that immersive. While a fun ride, few people on these boards know the backstory, let alone among the general public. The ride simply does not play with one's emotions in the way that ToT does. A great ride, as well as one that makes money both by encouraging ticket and merchandise sales, has not only thrills but also sends the participant on an emotional roller coaster ride. ToT does this well. Dinosaur, while a very thrilling ride, only invokes fear. It lacks the intrigue, confusion, joy, and a whole host of other emotions that other classic Disney rides invoke. Ultimately, it is our job as imagineers to not only tell a great story, but one that will make money. Always keep this in mind. Finally, while thrill is great, and all but necessary in a truly timeless E Ticket, it must not be the only ingredient in the recipe. I hope that I have not hopelessly confused anyone through this rant.

MA Screamin'

@LittleGiants16 Everything you say is priceless lol. :hilarious: But seriously, you would be great for financial guidance in terms of flow / balance of attractions and reasoning in that department once we have more developed concepts.

Now we have to divvy up who works on what, so we have:

Magic Kingdom (Wegerter, JDM and mahnamahna)
EPCOT (IDInstitute and JokersWild)
DisneyEarth (MA Screamin' and RMichael)
Shopping Center (Tip Top Club and Thrill)

Update 6/8/14, 9 AM ET: I made a good idea as to how to assign what to who. If there's any problems, feel free to tell me, but if not, I think we're ready to go! Like the post if we are all in unison.

Hotels I think could be decided on / designed once we have a better idea for the resort, but this plan above (if we think sounds right) will be edited based on our interests. So, what do you guys want to work on?

Last edited:

Matt7187

Original Poster
Is there anywhere you guys need help, because I would love to, considering I created all of this! Haha. :)

MA Screamin'

@Matt7187 I don't know how you wanted to set up the PMs, but maybe do four for the four we have with you and I, LittleGiants, and the Imagineers for the corresponding area for each. Refer to the post I made for who's doing what.

If you guys don't mind, I'll just be overlooking the gates and giving a few ideas here and there.

mahnamahna101

What's the fourth gate? And I'd like the MK-style park (preferrably Fantasyland - my own giant version of it :p)

Here's my concept for the MK-style park... keep fantasy in the MK, and leave realism/minimal IP usage to the other gates

1. Gardens of Imagination (Figment)

2. Mysterious Jungle (Jungle Book, Lion King, Tarzan, Mysterious Island)

3. Pirate Cove (Peter Pan, POTC)

4. Hero’s Harbor (Aladdin, Hercules, Sinbad, Ulysses, Jason and the Argonauts, King Arthur, Robin Hood)

5. Folk Country (Splash Mountain, Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, Davy Crockett, Pocahontas, Bambi, etc)

6. Shadowlands (Nightmare Before Christmas, Sleepy Hollow, Disney Villains)

7. Dumbo’s Circus (Dumbo, Mickey and Friends, Pinocchio, Toy Story) or Toontown

8. Storybook Village – divided into European regions (Mary Poppins, Mr. Toad, 101 Dalmatians, Winnie the Pooh, Great Mouse Detective, B&TB, Cinderella, Snow White, Jack and the Beanstalk, Frozen, Tangled, Hansel and Gretel, Sugar Rush from Wreck-it Ralph, Alice in Wonderland, Oz, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Fantasia)

9. Sci-Fi City (Star Wars, TRON, WALL-E, Stitch, original IP could be included)

Discovery Bay could also be a good transition between Storybook and Sci-fi since it was supposed to be a steampunk version of the future that never was.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom