Do you think WDW should have.......

jmarc63

Original Poster
I was thinking about this today. Now I'm not wanting Disney to turn into a six flaggs, But I was wondering this

Do you think that Disney errects an " Sky Tower" in one on the parks??

StarMichael

If you mean an observation tower with the observation platform being the elevator taking viewers up, I´m quite sure they will NOT do that.

First of all it would ruin the magic by revealing the backstage in the middle of your day in one of the parks. Not a very good show.

Secondly it is a "cycle ride" meaning that while taking one set of viewers up, staying a while at the observation height and then down, whole line would be in standstill. Would you want to line up for 3hours just to see "not so attractive" rooftops and backsides of buildings?
I wouldn´t!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Yeah, I agree....the most fun of being up on one of those is trying to find your car in the parking lot anyway.

And being as the TTC is so far away.....I can go without it ;)

crazygirley

No...No...No...You would see the stuff they don't want us to see, thus, spoiling the "Magic". I personally don't want to see dumpsters, CM parking lots and other stuff like that.

SykedOwt

Completely Uneeded, Do You know how high they would need to have that be? There is atleast one Attraction in every park that is 10 stories high.

disneydudette

I agree....

Seeing dumpsters and backstage things does ruin the magic...

BUT!!!!

I kinda like the idea of getting a birds eye view of the magic....

maybe just in a different way....like an I-max show...or a new attraction....

I think that would be wicked cool....like think about it..a birds eye view of the water parks and resorts...and of the AK and MK....I love looking out from the ToT..and seeing Blizard beach and the landscape...all trees....:lol:

Obviously they would cut out the dumpsters and trash holders...and such....

but I definatlry would like the idea....

a sky tower...no...Sea world has one..and like you said...six flag does....Disney's not an amuesment park...but a theme park...

either way...I hope an attraction like such does come into Disney...

don't they have one at DL:veryconfu

Becky

Originally posted by Fievel
Yeah, I agree....the most fun of being up on one of those is trying to find your car in the parking lot anyway.

I've found an easier way to find my car.:animwink:
I just try to be one of the last people out and then there aren't many cars in the lot:D

Once there was my car and one other in an entire section of the Epcot lot:D Thanks C and C. :) That was a great night:cool:

I too do NOT was to see dumpsters, Main Steet roofs, storage buildings etc. You see enough of that on the WDWRR and a few other attractions.:( Let's keep the Magic, Magic:)

SirNim

No! Although I wouldn't object to a well themed, well thought out, very atmospheric "leisure" attraction in DTD, like a boat ride between the MRKTPLC, PI, and WS, perhaps with a guided narration... "We are now passing the World of Disney store, the largest Disney shop in the world! And coming up on our left, the LEGO Imagination Center, and its resident Sea Serpent!"... etc. :)

meanmice

when you said six flags and sky tower, i immediatly thought of the ride at six flags new england where they strap you in, rase you into the air and drop you. this reminds me of ToT and therefore, disney already has a ride like this. It seems that I am the only one that got this impression though.

SirNim

Originally posted by meanmice
when you said six flags and sky tower, i immediatly thought of the ride at six flags new england where they strap you in, rase you into the air and drop you. this reminds me of ToT and therefore, disney already has a ride like this. It seems that I am the only one that got this impression though.
Apparently so!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by meanmice

I thought of the one here at Six Flags Great America in the Chicagoland area... The Sky Trek Tower ... either way.. it would be way too tacky in a Disney park.. IMHO. :) :wave:

Attachments

• sfgam-2002-sky-trek-sun.jpg
    sfgam-2002-sky-trek-sun.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 137

meeko_33785

It may find in at DTD, but not in a park.I would be very hard to fit something like this into a themed experience, unless there's a show or somethig like Sunds Dangerous in it. All in all, it would just be a waste of time and money.

orangefan15

Don't like that idea...it doesn't fit in with Disney at all. And seeing all the backstage stuff would completely ruin the magic. Can you see the little kid up there seeing that Haunted Mansion isn't totally in a mansion, but instead a regular building? That doesn't sound very good to me.

jmarc63

Original Poster
OK I see this got to be a hot button issue, I was just thinking, but might not be a good idea for WDW to do

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom