Do you think the Disney Corporation reads these boards?

Does Disney read internet forums for business decisions?

• Jimmy, your so coooolll!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
An interesting topic indeed.

Do you think Disney reads these boards, not just this one but all of them, and formulates business decisions based on opinions they contain?

Myself personally, I think other than to protect Disney's Copyrights, I don't think they care what any message board says about them. I also feel, decisions that come from Disney took years to come to a conclusion, nothing is just the spur of the moment, unless its a tragedy.

These boards are the same as sport's teams forums, we all can say what we want, but its a business to make money and thats what runs the company, not what fans think.

Thoughts?

DisneyJoe

Yes, they have stated publicly that they monitor message boards.

It's actually very easy to do, especially with software that creates an RSS feed.

If it were me, I'd find all of the appropriate forum feeds, pipe them into a database for indexing, and then create indexes on keywords and see what is popular and what is being discussed - and maybe occasionally send a live person onto a site to get a feel for it.

heartodisney

I really do hope that they read these threads and take most to heart. In any good buisness, you do have to be open to all markets of information.

napnet

I personally have gotten e-mails from Disney PR reps for news articles i have posted on another Disney blog I participate in. I also see disney.com in the web site logs as activity hitting the sites as well.

In short, yes they do monitor them, but how much is a good question.

rsoxguy

I think that Jimmy Thick is actually Michael Eisner. He is secretly trying to get those who have criticized his leadership to become agitated over inane questions. You won't get me Mike! :p

ptaylor

Premium Member
I know for a fact that they read this forum, and several other major fan site forums. They have a dedicated team of people that do it.

Don't confuse them reading forums with them actually doing what people on forums say. They do howver use it as valuable research in measuring guest opinions.

EPCOT Explorer

I know for a fact that they do. More so in the past year, especially with Disney getting onto Twitter, Facebook, and other social media places.

That, and other internet ventures are a sure sign of it...even without being told by someone that would know and that I highly trust. And no, they don't post here. :lol:

I am almost positive they do.

Its smart money. This is free customer reviews for them.

Plus, the fact that a lot of people on this and other boards have GOOD ideas that are batted around constantly, giving pros and cons.

This board and others are like a little experimentation center for them. They get to hear what fans like and watch us weigh the issues.

Its a win/win situation for them.

EpcotServo

I know they pay people to monitor forums and such- But I put no, because I'm bitter about listening to you people moan every day.

:lol:

Figment632

Can someone link me a news conference of a Disney rep actually saying this?

No Google.

I know for a fact that they read this forum, and several other major fan site forums. They have a dedicated team of people that do it.

Don't confuse them reading forums with them actually doing what people on forums say. They do howver use it as valuable research in measuring guest opinions.

Exactly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom