Do you think I have missed any restauarants???

Chirs

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I leave for WDW in just over two weeks. I have made all my reservations but wondered if you would recommend changing any of them or making any others (if I can get them)

I have booked the following:

Le Cellier x 3
Mama Melrose x 2
Boma
The Wave
Coral Reef
Trail End
Chef De France
Ohana
Tony Town Square

Really keen to find out if I should change any, really appreciate your advice..

Chris:)

SleepingMonk

Hmmm, well if you've never been to any of the other ones I would say to spread it around a bit. Drop some of the repeats and hit Italy, Germany, Morocco, California Grill, Victoria & Albert's etc....

yankspy

Hi everyone,

I leave for WDW in just over two weeks. I have made all my reservations but wondered if you would recommend changing any of them or making any others (if I can get them)

I have booked the following:

Le Cellier x 3
Mama Melrose x 2
Boma
The Wave
Coral Reef
Trail End
Chef De France
Ohana
Tony Town Square

Really keen to find out if I should change any, really appreciate your advice..

Chris:)
I would drop one Le Cellier and replace it with Narcoossees or Jiko. I would also drop one Mama Melrose and replace it with Kona Cafe. Finally, I would drop Tony's and hit Artist Point.:slurp:

coltow

Le Cellier x 3 I would go once, 3x is a bit much for any place. Try another place in World Showcase or at the BW/YC/BC area
Mama Melrose x 2 This place is OK, nothing to make me want to go 2ce in 1 trip
The Wave Give us a review when oyu get back, just curious about it
Coral Reef We have booked this for the atmosphere, we've heard the food is just ok
Ohana This is someplace you could go 2ce, 1ce for breakfast and 1ce for dinner, they are 2 different experiences
Tony Town Square We had an ok meal here a couple years ago, it was a good break from the character meals at MK.

A few other places that pop into mind are Whispering Canyon Cafe, Cape May, Yachtsmen Steakhouse (in place of Le Cellier once), and ESPN is good for burgers and snadwiches.

wolf359

I think all of the places you'd picked are good choices, I just think you might be missing out on some variety by doubling and tripling up on a couple. There are so many other good places to eat at Epcot I'd recommend spreading around reservations to some other restaurants, even if you kept to the same park. So instead of three meals at Le Cellier I'd probably add a meal at San Angel Inn and a meal at Marrekech.

That way your five EPCOT meals would be Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Chefs De France, San Angel Inn, and Marrekech, which gives you a pretty good sampling of the best EPCOT has to offer, both in food and theming.

I also think seeing another restaurant at the Studios in place of a second meal at Mama's is a good idea. If you can I'd try the 50s Prime Time Cafe, Brown Derby, or Sci Fi Dine In.

All of the resort choices look good too, maybe except Trails End. I've never eaten there, but Ft. Wilderness is really out of the way unless you're staying there, and the Trail's End food is hardly interesting enough to make a special trip, in my opinion. 'Ohana and Boma are solid choices, and The Wave really seems great, I can't wait until I get a chance to try it myself.

In spite of the rest, I think the two biggest pieces of advice I have about dining reservations are to plan out your daily schedule so you'll know what parks you'll be seeing, and then choose some restaurants that are at the same place you plan on being that day.

Park or resort hopping just for dining can be fun but also eats up a lot of vacation time. With Florida still in the heat of summer it also means you might not want to fill up on big meals and buffets and then have to go back out into the 95 degree heat and rain.

But once you do have a loose touring plan look carefully at the menus of all your options near where you plan to spend most of your time and choose based on what you might like to eat. Because in the end it doesn't matter if someone else likes a place because of the food or the theming if you can't find anything on the menu you'd want to eat you're not going to like the restaurant.

With schools starting up all over the country in the next two weeks I think you'll find the crowds a little thinner and it might be possible to alter your reservations even once you arrive at Disney World.

Mrs.Toad

You can't go wrong with Le Cellier. I think I posted that it was my favorite place for a meal like 5 times today. I loved a seafood pasta alfredo that I had at The Coral Reef once. It really was a great time and the food was excellent when I went. As far as France, I always go to one of the French restaurants every time I go. I just can't pass them up. Honestly, Tony's, in my 20 year experience, is a must at least once if you love Main Street and are feeling the Disney magic. The food can be inconsistent yet I go anyway. I love the Lady and the Tramp ambience. My usual dish is the Chicken Florentine. If you eat poultry, when in doubt, perhaps go with the chicken. But I haven't gone to Tony's in about 4 years. Keep your reservations, but there are so many wonderful places in all three parks and resorts that you may be able to change once you arrive. I could eat at Le Cellier every day of my life but you might want to try other great options the other 2 times. I can't say anything about Mama Melrose because I have never eaten there. I buy the Birnbaum's guide to Disney World every year (whether I go or not) and they said that they might close the place down and replace it with another theme restaurant. That's telling me something, but, hey, you never know.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I'll just agree with some of the other posters on perhaps cutting back your multiples by a single meal. Perhaps try San Angel Inn or Les Chefs de France?

Great overall choices though! I'm sure there are many reading this who are insanely jealous of your 3 separate ADR's to Le Cellier. Those things are hard to come by!

chipndale76

Le Cellier is our favorite place to eat. The meals are incredible as well as the atmosphere. It books up early, we booked twice for November, but we're only able to get lunch reservations.

Philo

I agree with others - the line-up looks fine but I would avoid repeats. See if there is anything at other restaurants around WS or look at a few more resort options

Menpell

Teppan Edo in Japan is awesome too! Have you tried the Crystal Palace? That is one of my favorites because I love the characters. Hollywood Brown Derby is great too. And this year we are trying out House of Blues. We heard it was great, it got good reviews, so we are trying it out when we in WDW in two weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom