Do you think Disney will ever build another AK area hotel?

MetFan81

Original Poster
Hey,

AKL is possibly Disney's best hotel. I was wondering if anybody thinks that Disney will add to the AK hotels area and I am not talking about CS or the AS resorts. I mean something along the lines of the AKL. A hotel really close to the AK that possibly includes animals. They could possibly do an Asian themed resort with more of a jungle theme where you can look upon a jungle with monkeys, etc...

fizzle75

I heard they are going to build Beastly Kindgom Lodge. They are supposed to have real live dragons,unicorns and even the killer rabbit from Monty Python. There will even be a dragon themed coaster that actually goes through the lodge and a character breakfast with the Yeti from Everest. Oh man, I can't wait!!!:sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Right now it seems like Disney's focus is on building DVC resorts one of which is at AKL and the next will be at the Contemporary. There was mention of building some new hotels at the new DTD like center that will be going up along the new highway into WDW (can't remember the name) but I kind of got the impression that they won't be Disney owned hotels. If I had to guess the next Disney resort construction will be the completion of POP Century.

VT GAL

I heard they are going to build Beastly Kindgom Lodge. They are supposed to have real live dragons,unicorns and even the killer rabbit from Monty Python. There will even be a dragon themed coaster that actually goes through the lodge and a character breakfast with the Yeti from Everest. Oh man, I can't wait!!!:sohappy:

The killer rabbit from Monty Python...Awesome...

But, I was really hoping that there would be a character dinner with Hagrid and the mythical creatures that live in the forest and grounds around Hogwarts. :lookaroun

Robfasto

As with the Studios, Disney pretty much boxed themselves into a corner. They are already on the South and West property lines and the east is boxed in with 'wetlands', Blizzard Beach and Coronado Springs. To the north they have the tree farm, water treatment plant and other support facilities. So there really isn't a lot of room in the area. If non-DVC rooms are built I would think that Phase II of Pop Century would be next, although seeing what Disney has done recently I wouldn't be surprise of that wasn't a 'poor mans' DVC.

flscooman

RUN AWAY!!!!

cb3k

Probably not, and it's such a shame that we'll probably only see DVC resorts from here on out...
Everybody be patient......I promise you that something is in the works...be certain of that....Expect a new vacation destination, much sooner than you should expect a new big E-Ticket at Magic Kingdom.!

DisneyMusician2

Right now it seems like Disney's focus is on building DVC resorts one of which is at AKL and the next will be at the Contemporary. There was mention of building some new hotels at the new DTD like center that will be going up along the new highway into WDW (can't remember the name) but I kind of got the impression that they won't be Disney owned hotels. If I had to guess the next Disney resort construction will be the completion of POP Century.

I would applaud the completion of Pop. We really could use more of the Value level rooms, and I think that another entirely new hotel would be overkill at this point. For some of us, it would take 20 years to stay in all of the hotels on property! Put that cash back into the parks and we'll stay at the ones already there.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
It would be a real shame to see only DVC resorts from here on out. What if some people don't like DVC???

As far as building more in a given area, like AK, I don't think you would want to expand too much, because then you would put extra stress on transportation. I think if they do add hotels, they will be in separate open areas with a different theme to better moderate traffic flow.

Not to worry...the more people in DVC properties, the more space available in the general resorts. While it is always nice to think of a new resorts, the ones that we already have provide a nice selection.

PS. You also don't have to be DVC to stay at DVC properties...just a matter of occupancy by members.

...Just finish Pop

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Everybody be patient......I promise you that something is in the works...be certain of that....Expect a new vacation destination, much sooner than you should expect a new big E-Ticket at Magic Kingdom.!
Can you give a clue as to what area? DVC is at AKL and the Contemp. Pops half finished. What else? Bonnet Creek finally? The Med? The West Seven Seas resort area? CBRs missing village?

DisneyMusician2

Finish Pop. PLEASE Finish Pop. Before we dump money into another project PLEASE finish what we have already started!!! I'm not even sure that we need another full resort. Disney should finish Pop and see if they even NEED another full property.

Nicole220

Source??

I think AKL is enough for the AK area. It's an amazing hotel by itself, I don't think there should be another one in the area... Spend the money somewhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom