Do you know people who don't enjoy Disney World?

mergatroid

Original Poster
I've often wondered if there's many people who just don't 'get' or enjoy Walt Disney World? Judging by some of the complaining on here I'd say there were, but seriously have you ever met anyone who just didn't enjoy it? Coming from the uk I don't know lots of people who've been, but all but one who have been have absolutely loved it! The one who didn't was a woman I work with who complained about the heat, the afternoon showers, the queues and the price of food. When I enquired about the beautiful architecture, the wonderful attractions and shows she just thought they were ok but not worth 'the hassle' :hammer:.

Has anyone else met anyone like this :shrug:

captainkidd

I do. But the few people I know that don't enjoy it are absolutely miserable oafs, so it doesn't come as any surprise to me.

Lucky

Some people mostly associate it with long lines, crowds, heat & humidity, etc. If they came at the right time of year they'd have a different impression.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My brother Victor, who I am alike in almost every way, hates the place. He has a serious dislike of crowds, waiting in line, etc, and Disney, or any other amusement/theme park for that matter, is simply not for him.

lebeau

I've often wondered if there's many people who just don't 'get' or enjoy Walt Disney World? Judging by some of the complaining on here I'd say there were, but seriously have you ever met anyone who just didn't enjoy it? Coming from the uk I don't know lots of people who've been, but all but one who have been have absolutely loved it! The one who didn't was a woman I work with who complained about the heat, the afternoon showers, the queues and the price of food. When I enquired about the beautiful architecture, the wonderful attractions and shows she just thought they were ok but not worth 'the hassle' :hammer:.

Has anyone else met anyone like this :shrug:

Most people I know don't like Disney World.

My dad has stated on several occassions that he would not go back to Disney World to save his immortal soul. Although last week mom dragged him to Epcot which marked his first visit to WDW since 1988. They had a good day, so maybe he has ammended his statement.

My wife tolerates WDW just barely. The only adult I know who really enjoys WDW is my brother. The rest see it as a place you have to take your kids to once and then never, ever return.

My mechanic saw my Disney credit card and launched into a tirade about how awful WDW is. This is just one of many such examples. So, yeah, I've met lots of people who don't like WDW.

pajammies

um... :lookaroun my husband, which drives me insane. I am not a Disney "freak" as some people might call some others, but i absolutely love it. He pretty much hates it. The one and only reason he will go is for the kids. I asked him once if he would ever go alone with me and he said "never". Before you criticize him I have said "never" to certain vacations with him also. But really it's Disney!! :lol:

Mukta

I have very few people in my life who enjoy theme parks.

My parents didn't, but they took me once in a while because I loved parks so much.

Almost all of my friends are not fans. They have kids now and I take their kids to Disneyland because they don't want to.

I visit the parks alone most of the time, but I have a couple of friends with APs.

fauna

Oh, I know a few people who don't like it. Some are the "it isn't a vacation if I'm not sleeping late and lying on a beach" people. Some like to have little anti-Disney rants and feel superior about having "authentic" experiences on their vacations. :shrug: (I have some really fantastic memories from WDW, including ones with my brothers whom have both since passed away. I consider those to be authentic)

To each his own.

I call people who don't like WDW "People Not Standing In Front Of Me In Line." (I don't take credit for that, I think I stole it from someone else on these forums.)

graphite1326

A co-worker went and didn't enjoy it at all. I then questioned him on wht he saw and did. He didn't do hardly anything and spent most of the time at his resort hanging out. He didn't see any night shows, no fireworks, if there was a warning sign he didn't go on the ride.

BigRedDad

I know many people. They can only go during the ABSOLUTE WORST times to be at WDW. They go in the Summer with the heat, humidity, crowds, whiny/agitated kids everywhere, long waits. It is a miserable experience for many. Then, they go on another vacation (a cruise) and it is an awesome time. When they think about it, the cruise was almost half the price and more enjoyable. Its easy to understand how people get that impression.

My ILs will never go. They went for the first time over Thanksgiving. Good grief was it a horrible experience. They also made no plans of what they wanted to do. All they did was tag along and grumble that the kids wanted to do kids stuff.

Unfortunately my husband also hates WDW and thinks that is only for kids. He refuses to smile in any of the photos and complains the entire time we are there. It has been 3 years since our last visit and we are taking our 2 year old for the first time this September so fingers crossed he will enjoy himself a little more this time. Let me just add I LOVE everything Disney especially WDW.

MissM

In my experience, most people who don't like Disney haven't actually been. (Or went once in like 1989 and had a bad time so now say it sucks.) There are A LOT of people who just have this idea that it's "just for kids" or they have a real sarcastic attitude towards anything Disney so automatically think the parks are awful. These kinds of people tend to be very vocal in their hatred of Disney and almost get mad at you for enjoying it.

WDWmazprty

In my experience, most people who don't like Disney haven't actually been. (Or went once in like 1989 and had a bad time so now say it sucks.) There are A LOT of people who just have this idea that it's "just for kids" or they have a real sarcastic attitude towards anything Disney so automatically think the parks are awful. These kinds of people tend to be very vocal in their hatred of Disney and almost get mad at you for enjoying it.

Exactly. It annoys me so much! :brick:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And I so love pushing their buttons!:drevil:

Chevross

Yeah, I know several people who don't like WDW, one being my mother. She tolerates it, but she's always disliked the state of Florida and everything in it. It's funny because my father is absolutely obsessed with Florida and really loves everything about the state.

I have a few friends that aren't impressed with WDW, but they are the type of friends that, "if it doesn't want to make your eyeballs sink into the back of your head, than it isn't worth it," type. I think only one of them has a pure hatred for Disney (even though the majority believe the parks to be for toddlers). He only went once, and did something really stupid while on property, got in trouble for it, and has been a hater and a big critic since, never viewing the situation as his fault. He sees it as Disney's fault.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom