Do you have a favorite Disney Planner Book?

UPbeekeeper

I know most trip and park info can be obtained by simply researching online, but I am thinking about getting a planner for this trip. I think in my case, I want one not so much for the pre-planning aspect (although it will be useful), but I want some type of a keepsake for my trip. I'd like to organize things, keep receipts, have all info & phone numbers in one place, record my thoughts for each day like a journal, record things I want to remember for the next trip, etc.

I was just going to do this with a notebook, but then I thought an actual book designed for the purpose may be a nicer thing to keep as a memento.

Anyone have any suggestions as to their favorite planner and why? I was glancing through the Passporter spiral bound guide at the bookstore and it looked nice, but then I read some not so great reviews online about how the meal reviews haven't been updated in quite some time.

Lisalyn

Love the Hidden Magic of WDW and also the Unofficial Guide..however for planning...I have to pick the Passporter. I had never heard of it until about a year ago from my best Disney buddy but now that she clued me in and I got my own - I'm sold!

Upvote 0

UPbeekeeper

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think I am going to go ahead and get the Passporter, but I will wait until the 2013 edition comes out. Waiting for things is not one of my strong points, though. :ROFLOL:

I thumbed through the regular version in the book store, but I saw the Deluxe version on Amazon. MAN! That looks super nice! Besides the obviously better binder cover, are there any differences in content between the regular & deluxe versions? I didn't know you could just get new inserts for every trip. Knowing this, the better version may be a better deal as it will last over the years. Just want to get some opinions on that.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I ordered on line, I have never seen them in stores. Let me know if they sell them across the pond. :wave:

Got my 2011 in Borders which is closed now, but I saw a 2012 edition recently on the shelf of a local Barnes & Noble bookstore and I believe I saw one in Books A Million which replaced our Waldens bookstore.... Yes, my wife and I frequent and support by buying lots of books at all the bookstores, we live to read.

Upvote 0

Disney61

I love the Passporter. I fill out all the info and keep the daily log for our annual family trip. It's fun to open them up years later and read about things that we may have forgotten. :)

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Got my 2011 in Borders which is closed now, but I saw a 2012 edition recently on the shelf of a local Barnes & Noble bookstore and I believe I saw one in Books A Million which replaced our Waldens bookstore.... Yes, my wife and I frequent and support by buying lots of books at all the bookstores, we live to read.

This is good to know! Thanks so much! I am beginning to see I need to get out more!:eek: I am a big reader but, since the kindle, everything is ordered online. I need to stop and smell the roses. Ordering on line all the time you miss the wonderful things in life like walking thru a book store. :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :wave:

Upvote 0

maryszhi

I absolutely adore the unoffical guide to disney world. My family,friends, and I have been using it for many years buying the current edition for the year we go. It provides alot of information and hints.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I know most trip and park info can be obtained by simply researching online, but I am thinking about getting a planner for this trip. I think in my case, I want one not so much for the pre-planning aspect (although it will be useful), but I want some type of a keepsake for my trip. I'd like to organize things, keep receipts, have all info & phone numbers in one place, record my thoughts for each day like a journal, record things I want to remember for the next trip, etc.

I was just going to do this with a notebook, but then I thought an actual book designed for the purpose may be a nicer thing to keep as a memento.

Anyone have any suggestions as to their favorite planner and why? I was glancing through the Passporter spiral bound guide at the bookstore and it looked nice, but then I read some not so great reviews online about how the meal reviews haven't been updated in quite some time.

I just have compiled what I liked from other books and online resources and I made my own. I have a black leather Mickey embossed portfolio that I keep the current trips plans in. I take that with me on the trip. Before I go, I make an index card, the size of my key to the kingdom, and I put that days important info on it. As for a memento, I scrap book each trip. So for me, that is the memento. That being said, all the planning paper do go into a clear page insert at the back of the book.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Well after ordering my Passporter two weeks ago and paying around $25.00 the book shop had to refund me as some plonker had cancelled the order,have now got it from Amazon for $17.00.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom