Do you ever feel like you weren't meant to go on your trip?

HouCuseChickie

I swear- I feel like my life if just one giant cosmic wedgie of late. The last few weeks have been a series of hurdles that made me wonder if this trip wasn't going to happen, but we muscled through things. Today was the icing on the cake and the whole freakin' cake for that matter. I pulled into the driveway, DH got out and made some ugly comment about moving my suv b/c I was probably parked on the grass, and I leaned out to check and I guess I hadn't shifted from neutral into park and the vehicle started to roll out of the driveway. My passenger door caught DH's car and it's now damaged enough that it won't shut. I have to get it towed to a collision center on Monday. The problem...we're heading to WDW as a road trip and we leave on Friday. All I want to do is cry, but DH just wants to keep on my case about how stupid I was for not putting on my parking break and how renting a car for the next few days + the trip would just be insane. And if I don't rent something with a cargo area, I have no clue of how I'll get DD4's massive 5th bday cake to school on Thursday. It's my birthday on Tuesday and I'm really praying all of this starts to turn around. :cry::cry::cry:

marcriss

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. I'm hoping that things will brighten for your birthday and upcoming trip! I feel your pain though, I feel like a dark cloud has been following me since the summer started!

Good luck!

Upvote 0

sbkline

Our April 2010 trip was our son's first trip and I was really starting to think we weren't meant to go on that trip. My wife had some strep throat issues in February, then started having one issue after another from that point on. Chest pains, pains in her arms, etc, and various visits to the doctor and one or two ER visits. She had issues for several months after the trip, before it was concluded she had anxiety and she still takes meds for it. And our son had some kind of bronchial issue around the same time my wife had her strep throat. But about a month before the trip, our infant daughter caught croup and was in the ER. So I was freaking out that this was getting uncomfortably close to our trip for everyone to be in and out of the doctor. And to top it all off, on my last day of work before the trip, and two days before we were supposed to leave, my wife was in Walmart getting her new contact lense prescription before our trip and got a call from the sitter that our daughter had fallen out of the high chair and had a black eye. So my wife had to rush home and take her to the ER to have her checked out. With all those visits to the ER, I was starting to feel like the theme song of "Cheers" about having a place where everyone knows your name, and yes, I was really getting scared to death that we just weren't meant to go on that trip!

But fortunately, my wife's issues calmed down long enough to go on the trip (and then started up again after we got home), my daughter was fine, and we took our trip and had a great time.

Upvote 0

erstwo

Sending some pixie dust your way!

I hope it will all look better in the morning. We all make silly mistakes, especially those of us who are busy moms. Sometimes I am just so mad at myself after I make a mistake, but then I wake up the next morning and think 'You know what? It's not the end of the world and this is all going to work out.'

Maybe priceline some airline tickets??? Maybe flying would be even less stressful than driving and this will all work our better in the end??? (Just trying to find a silver lining! :D)

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

I'll add some pixie dust too!! :animwink: Firstly, take a deep breath and know you are at the point we all get to, this close to going on vacation. There aren't enough hours in a day. With all that is going on, your DH has to realize, it could have been worse, car doors can be fixed. If he's anything like my DH, he's just worried about the cost aspect. Once you all hop in the car, and start your magical journey, things will be fine. Try to think positive.... you WILL get your DD's bithday cake to school, the car WILL be fixed, your birthday WILL be a happy one, and you all WILL have a great vacation!! There will come a time, you can look at this all, and laugh. Have a very Happy Birthday and enjoy your vacation. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Diane Hughess

Keep your chin up! You're going to Disney World soon!! How lucky you are! Everyone has bad luck sometimes, but your just getting your year's worth out of the way now! It will be nothing but smooth sailing from now on!!

Upvote 0

rob0519

Personally, I think it's your DH that shouldn't go on the trip. Making an "ugly comment" about being parked on the grass is what started the whole chain of events. Continuing to make you feel stupid about an accident that would not have happened if he wasn't so worried about a few blades of grass is just childish.

Taking your children to WDW should be a happy event. Even so, there is enough stress in family vacations without him adding more. Hopefully he will come to his senses and calm down before the trip.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Awwwww....

Yes, I feel ya & can commiserate. First, let's start with a big ol' bear-hug for you & a tssk-tssk-tssk & a smile for your DH. We're all human & have our out-of-brain moments. The important thing is that you're all well. I mean, imagine if the car had been rolling with a kid behind it. There's certainly worse things. Right? I clipped the tail light on DH's Tahoe with my mirror backing into the driveway & closed the garage door on the hood of my car. (2 seperate occasions of course) My old man gave me all kinds of crap with his smarty-pants comments. Then, low & behold, guess what smoothy caught the bottom of the garage door with the satellite fin on top of the car when they were whippin' it into the garage before the door was up far enough? Sweet justice! I haven't heard a word since. Lol!

We're still holding our breath hoping beyond hope we have resolved ourYacht Club curse. Every time we book at YC something happens & the trip gets canceled. With everything that happened this week with the dip in the stock market we certainly have been skittish. When oil company stocks dip the first thing they do is start shelving projects & pulling work from engineering firms. With the 2 months the hubby was out of work last summer (1st time in 17 years :lookaroun ) we start looking at things, questioning the expenditures on a vacation, and wonder if we should keep that $$ in the bank. Ya know? Hubby went in & talked to the big boss lady and took one of the big shots fishing Friday evening. Things look okay so we're trying to relax. Stil, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop on the YC curse! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

chrissyw14

all the stuff thats happening before your trip just means your trip is going to be amazing! everything should be balanced so get the bad stuff out now so you can have a great trip! [:

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. I'm hoping that things will brighten for your birthday and upcoming trip! I feel your pain though, I feel like a dark cloud has been following me since the summer started!

Good luck!

Thanks! All I can hope right now is that the body shop can get me towed in quickly tomorrow and get this handled super fast. Fingers crossed!

Our April 2010 trip was our son's first trip and I was really starting to think we weren't meant to go on that trip. My wife had some strep throat issues in February, then started having one issue after another from that point on. Chest pains, pains in her arms, etc, and various visits to the doctor and one or two ER visits. She had issues for several months after the trip, before it was concluded she had anxiety and she still takes meds for it. And our son had some kind of bronchial issue around the same time my wife had her strep throat. But about a month before the trip, our infant daughter caught croup and was in the ER. So I was freaking out that this was getting uncomfortably close to our trip for everyone to be in and out of the doctor. And to top it all off, on my last day of work before the trip, and two days before we were supposed to leave, my wife was in Walmart getting her new contact lense prescription before our trip and got a call from the sitter that our daughter had fallen out of the high chair and had a black eye. So my wife had to rush home and take her to the ER to have her checked out. With all those visits to the ER, I was starting to feel like the theme song of "Cheers" about having a place where everyone knows your name, and yes, I was really getting scared to death that we just weren't meant to go on that trip!

But fortunately, my wife's issues calmed down long enough to go on the trip (and then started up again after we got home), my daughter was fine, and we took our trip and had a great time.

Wow! That sounds like a perfect storm of medical nightmares! :( I'm glad everything settled enough for you to get in the trip. Still - that sounds like the medical version of everything going on over here lately. Just one yucky thing after another. Hopefully getting to go on your trip was therapeutic for everyone. I'm so sorry that you guys had to endure that and that your wife still has some issues... but it was helpful for me in that it did put something into perspective. Days before our Dec. trip DD2 got a cold and a nasty ear infection. We were flying for that trip and I was having flashbacks to DD4's constant ear infections - and being grounded for air travel multiple times. So, the revelation- which became more clear as I started to calm down- was thankfully nobody was sick. I just need a series of contingency plans in case my car isn't finished before our departure date.

Sending some pixie dust your way!

I hope it will all look better in the morning. We all make silly mistakes, especially those of us who are busy moms. Sometimes I am just so mad at myself after I make a mistake, but then I wake up the next morning and think 'You know what? It's not the end of the world and this is all going to work out.'

Maybe priceline some airline tickets??? Maybe flying would be even less stressful than driving and this will all work our better in the end??? (Just trying to find a silver lining! :D)

Thanks! I really need it.

Yeah- I keep replaying it in my head and thinking how this never would have happened if I did this or that. It started driving me nuts, so I just threw myself into cake work. I guess at least Mr. Potato Head and the Alien are finished ahead of schedule.

I checked Priceline and a variety of discounters + Southwest, but everything is around $2200:eek: It's probably better if we drive at this stage since I have a little over $300 invested in lodging along the way...including DH's Father's Day night in Biloxi on the way back. Sooooo, if my vehicle isn't ready- we'll either be renting or I'll be convincing DH we can make this work with his car- which he's certain won't be a solution. Then again, he's also the one who said I'd never fit the stroller in my Jeep with all of our bags- yet it worked in my mock packing. :rolleyes: I just have to start thinking positively and convincing myself that we have a variety of solutions/options- even though it won't be easy.

I'll add some pixie dust too!! :animwink: Firstly, take a deep breath and know you are at the point we all get to, this close to going on vacation. There aren't enough hours in a day. With all that is going on, your DH has to realize, it could have been worse, car doors can be fixed. If he's anything like my DH, he's just worried about the cost aspect. Once you all hop in the car, and start your magical journey, things will be fine. Try to think positive.... you WILL get your DD's bithday cake to school, the car WILL be fixed, your birthday WILL be a happy one, and you all WILL have a great vacation!! There will come a time, you can look at this all, and laugh. Have a very Happy Birthday and enjoy your vacation. :sohappy:

He probably was looking at the cost aspects...and that the side of his car got scraped in this as well. You are so right- I just need to stop dwelling on a few stupid seconds and the damage and just look at fixing the problem. I kept trying to tell myself last night that it doesn't help anything to beat myself up over this. Thanks!

Keep your chin up! You're going to Disney World soon!! How lucky you are! Everyone has bad luck sometimes, but your just getting your year's worth out of the way now! It will be nothing but smooth sailing from now on!!

That's kind of what my parents were saying. i.e. maybe I'm just getting all of my bad luck out of the way pre-trip. They reminded me of a series of car issues that happened when I was expecting DD4. Within a month of my due date, the master cylinder on my brake system went and then shortly after that was fixed, something happened with the computer and radiator causing the car to think it was overheating and stop running. So hopefully that's it and by Friday we'll be on the road. Thanks!

Personally, I think it's your DH that shouldn't go on the trip. Making an "ugly comment" about being parked on the grass is what started the whole chain of events. Continuing to make you feel stupid about an accident that would not have happened if he wasn't so worried about a few blades of grass is just childish.

Taking your children to WDW should be a happy event. Even so, there is enough stress in family vacations without him adding more. Hopefully he will come to his senses and calm down before the trip.

His bad attitude certainly didn't help the situation, but I'm sure some of it stems from me swiping his car in the process. He was relatively quiet most of the night - so hopefully this is him mellowing out before the trip.

Awwwww....

Yes, I feel ya & can commiserate. First, let's start with a big ol' bear-hug for you & a tssk-tssk-tssk & a smile for your DH. We're all human & have our out-of-brain moments. The important thing is that you're all well. I mean, imagine if the car had been rolling with a kid behind it. There's certainly worse things. Right? I clipped the tail light on DH's Tahoe with my mirror backing into the driveway & closed the garage door on the hood of my car. (2 seperate occasions of course) My old man gave me all kinds of crap with his smarty-pants comments. Then, low & behold, guess what smoothy caught the bottom of the garage door with the satellite fin on top of the car when they were whippin' it into the garage before the door was up far enough? Sweet justice! I haven't heard a word since. Lol!

We're still holding our breath hoping beyond hope we have resolved ourYacht Club curse. Every time we book at YC something happens & the trip gets canceled. With everything that happened this week with the dip in the stock market we certainly have been skittish. When oil company stocks dip the first thing they do is start shelving projects & pulling work from engineering firms. With the 2 months the hubby was out of work last summer (1st time in 17 years :lookaroun ) we start looking at things, questioning the expenditures on a vacation, and wonder if we should keep that $$ in the bank. Ya know? Hubby went in & talked to the big boss lady and took one of the big shots fishing Friday evening. Things look okay so we're trying to relax. Stil, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop on the YC curse! :lookaroun

Thanks! Yeah- I kept running through my head all the what ifs. The girls were still strapped into their carseats, and my brain was on them and not the car door. I realized last night that the car hit me as it rolled backwards. Of course it wasn't going very fast, but enough for bruising on my arm and hips. Thankfully I didn't get knocked down or I probably would have gone under one of the wheels. You bring up clipping the tail light and I think that's part of why DH was so bitter- I swiped the side of his car. I'd just like it to be post trip if DH does his own silly thing with the vehicles. He seems to be better this morning and good with discussing contingency plans- so, it's progress.

I soooooooo hope the YC curse doesn't surface for your trip. I REALLY wanted to see your cake! Everything with the markets and credit rating change for the US had me wondering if it would be better to scrap the trip, but I heard Kendall last night gushing to my parents about this mystery bday vacation adventure she's going on and how she's getting an amazing Belle cake. I guess the plus side is that I'll be spending much of my day in a collision repair center tomorrow. Doesn't sound great until you think about dealing with the flood of trades from the markets reacting to the credit downgrade. The oil and gas market sensitivity reminds me of DH's 8 yr break from the financial industry to work in mortgages/real estate. Very different businesses, but both have outside factors that can make things turn south like that.

Well- hopefully both of us will get a good dose of pixie dust and our trips will not only happen, but be beyond AWESOME!!! :D

all the stuff thats happening before your trip just means your trip is going to be amazing! everything should be balanced so get the bad stuff out now so you can have a great trip! [:

I soooo hope so!!! Thanks! :wave:

Upvote 0

wendysue

Wow....things do seem to go wrong in bunches. I truly hope you get your vehicle repaired and your trip is wonderful.
We too, are going to WDW in 52 days and I really struggled with canceling or not. The recent heavy rains here flooded the basement, although we had 3 pumps working, the electric was out for a time. We were lucky in that we did not lose our home as some of our friends did.

I got to thinking.....we REALLY need this trip. We can do nothing about the economy or the uncaring government we have. I am fortunate to still have employment, and who knows how long that will last, so have fun while you can.

Cars are just "things". Make some memories with your family...

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Wow....things do seem to go wrong in bunches. I truly hope you get your vehicle repaired and your trip is wonderful.
We too, are going to WDW in 52 days and I really struggled with canceling or not. The recent heavy rains here flooded the basement, although we had 3 pumps working, the electric was out for a time. We were lucky in that we did not lose our home as some of our friends did.

I got to thinking.....we REALLY need this trip. We can do nothing about the economy or the uncaring government we have. I am fortunate to still have employment, and who knows how long that will last, so have fun while you can.

Cars are just "things". Make some memories with your family...

I wish there was some way for you to send some of that rain our way. I'm in Texas and we are in dire need of rain. I swear- it's feast or famine no matter where you are. I hope you're able to get everything cleaned up with your flooded basement. Oh how I hate flooding. We had three different home water related issues back in 2007- the worst of which was our dog flooding 90% of the first floor of our house...no fun!

But like you said- we REALLY need this trip...just like you REALLY need your trip... And things are just things. And yeah- the government and economical issues won't go away if I cxl.

I hope everything gets better for you guys and hope you have a PHENOMENAL trip!!! :wave:

This thread could not be more accurate on my account!!!

It's just no fun. Hope you guys are able to make it on your trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

sorry to hear things are going so rough. we've had a rough week leading up to our upcoming trip as well (i broke my tooth on a piece of candy two days ago so now have to work in a trip to the dentist before we leave in 6 days so i feel your frustration) i have to admit i'd probably be letting dh know that if he wasn't so worried about something as inconsequential as grass none of the rest would have happened but that's just me. basically i'd just try to get the whole family to look at it as a s**t happens moment and maybe this is the universes way of saying you reaaaallllyyyy need a vacation to regroup and de-stress as a family. oh and when you get to wdw make sure to offer to drive the car on the grand prix, offer to park the luggage in your hotel room etc...make it a family joking memory if you can and it will feel a lot better.

Upvote 0

Obi

i have a rather lengthy story. so, i'll just give the highlights of it....

participants included my mom, my niece and nephew (then they were ages 5 & 4) and myself (taking my dad's place because he had to work).

throughout the whole trip i could not open a hotel door to save my life. i could never get my key cards to work.

the kids saw the disney vacation video before we headed on down. they had some preconceived thoughts of how things are in wdw that don't happen, even though they showed it in the video.. all my niece wanted to do wa ride the haunted mansion ride.... more on that later.

we're driving from kansas to orlando.

half an hour into our trip and my nephew :hurl: in the car. got him cleaned up and i made the mistake of saying that the worst thing just happened, it was at the beginning, got that over with we can enjoy the rest of our trip... hahahah.. yeah.. ok...

driving through the night, somewhere in arkansas at the time, coming around a bend and there was a coyote in the middle of the road. 18 wheeler coming the other direction, trees on the passenger side... had no choice so i hit the gas and ran it over hoping to kill it. didn't want to mame it. sorry, but it was the coyote or us...

finally get to wdw. stayed off property.

hit mk on monday. all my niece kept saying was that she wanted to ride the haunted mansion ride over and over. so, that was the first thing we did. my nephew relunctantly rode it... my niece FREAKED, but my nephew LOVED it. he wanted to ride it again immediately as we got off the ride. needless to say it took my mom and i a long time to get my niece to ride anything. we finally got her to ride it's a small world and she started to come around.

tuesday we go to epcot. go to jii, when it was still the original. we just get off the ride and the power goes out. we find out from a cm that the power went out in all the parks. we figured we'd get in line for the hista movie and wait for the power to come back on.

about an hour later the power comes back on. we go in to watch the show. my niece freaked again and my nephew loved it. so, we had to try and get my niece to calm down and start riding more calmer rides and shows then. we asked the cm, before we went to see the show, if it was scary for young kids. he said he didn't think it was... oh well.... not blaming him for it...

finish out our day and head back to our room. get up the next morning and step into a puddle of water in our room. i was shocked and thought that one of the kids must've got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, washed their hands and accidently left the water running and it over flowed.

nope, all the water was turned off... and since we were on the top floor it didn't come from a room above us... hmmmmm... yes, most of the room had water on the floor. i turn on the tv and found out that hurricane aaron, i think that was the name, came through the evening. was downgraded to a tropical storm but it rained so much that it flooded our room on the top floor. called the service desk and they said they would send someone to take care of it.

called to find out that wdw was still open. so we went to dhs. was pumped about getting to ride the star tours ride. my nephew wanted to go. we got in line and that's when i noticed the signs that it was a simulator and my nephew had just eaten a HUGE lunch. i knew he would get sick. so, as we got up to the car i told them that he just had lunch, didn't know what the ride was and asked if there was a way to go around to the exit. the cm showed us and we went.

my mom and niece were supposed to be waiting for us at the exit. they weren't there. so, my nephew and i waited. almost 2 hours later they show up with my niece's leg bandaged up. i asked what happened. well, they were waiting for us at the exit. while they were waiting my niece stepped on a nest of fire ants and got bit all over her leg. my mom took her to a medical facility in the park where they took care of her.

apparently, the personnel at the hotel we were staying at got the water up but didn't put any anti-microbial (spelling?) stuff down. we didn't know it until we finally left home.

my mom got really sick on the way home. i also got sick after we got back too. went to the dr and found out we inhaled mold from the room not being properly taken care of... i had to take some meds for 2 weeks to get rid of it...

after all this, and mind you this is just SOME of it and not the WHOLE story because there is a lot of other smaller things i left out, we still had a good time because 1. it was my niece and nephew's first time to wdw so that made it special to see it through their eyes and wonderment and 2. IT'S DISNEY!!!! :lol:

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
sorry to hear things are going so rough. we've had a rough week leading up to our upcoming trip as well (i broke my tooth on a piece of candy two days ago so now have to work in a trip to the dentist before we leave in 6 days so i feel your frustration) i have to admit i'd probably be letting dh know that if he wasn't so worried about something as inconsequential as grass none of the rest would have happened but that's just me. basically i'd just try to get the whole family to look at it as a s**t happens moment and maybe this is the universes way of saying you reaaaallllyyyy need a vacation to regroup and de-stress as a family. oh and when you get to wdw make sure to offer to drive the car on the grand prix, offer to park the luggage in your hotel room etc...make it a family joking memory if you can and it will feel a lot better.

That's a great way to look at it. Still sorry you broke your tooth. I think we arrive at WDW the same day as you. I'm guessing this is your trip with your granddaughter? Either way, I hope all goes well at the dentist...and that would be a funny spin on things...especially the luggage to the room :D

i have a rather lengthy story. so, i'll just give the highlights of it....

participants included my mom, my niece and nephew (then they were ages 5 & 4) and myself (taking my dad's place because he had to work).

throughout the whole trip i could not open a hotel door to save my life. i could never get my key cards to work.

the kids saw the disney vacation video before we headed on down. they had some preconceived thoughts of how things are in wdw that don't happen, even though they showed it in the video.. all my niece wanted to do wa ride the haunted mansion ride.... more on that later.

we're driving from kansas to orlando.

half an hour into our trip and my nephew :hurl: in the car. got him cleaned up and i made the mistake of saying that the worst thing just happened, it was at the beginning, got that over with we can enjoy the rest of our trip... hahahah.. yeah.. ok...

driving through the night, somewhere in arkansas at the time, coming around a bend and there was a coyote in the middle of the road. 18 wheeler coming the other direction, trees on the passenger side... had no choice so i hit the gas and ran it over hoping to kill it. didn't want to mame it. sorry, but it was the coyote or us...

finally get to wdw. stayed off property.

hit mk on monday. all my niece kept saying was that she wanted to ride the haunted mansion ride over and over. so, that was the first thing we did. my nephew relunctantly rode it... my niece FREAKED, but my nephew LOVED it. he wanted to ride it again immediately as we got off the ride. needless to say it took my mom and i a long time to get my niece to ride anything. we finally got her to ride it's a small world and she started to come around.

tuesday we go to epcot. go to jii, when it was still the original. we just get off the ride and the power goes out. we find out from a cm that the power went out in all the parks. we figured we'd get in line for the hista movie and wait for the power to come back on.

about an hour later the power comes back on. we go in to watch the show. my niece freaked again and my nephew loved it. so, we had to try and get my niece to calm down and start riding more calmer rides and shows then. we asked the cm, before we went to see the show, if it was scary for young kids. he said he didn't think it was... oh well.... not blaming him for it...

finish out our day and head back to our room. get up the next morning and step into a puddle of water in our room. i was shocked and thought that one of the kids must've got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, washed their hands and accidently left the water running and it over flowed.

nope, all the water was turned off... and since we were on the top floor it didn't come from a room above us... hmmmmm... yes, most of the room had water on the floor. i turn on the tv and found out that hurricane aaron, i think that was the name, came through the evening. was downgraded to a tropical storm but it rained so much that it flooded our room on the top floor. called the service desk and they said they would send someone to take care of it.

called to find out that wdw was still open. so we went to dhs. was pumped about getting to ride the star tours ride. my nephew wanted to go. we got in line and that's when i noticed the signs that it was a simulator and my nephew had just eaten a HUGE lunch. i knew he would get sick. so, as we got up to the car i told them that he just had lunch, didn't know what the ride was and asked if there was a way to go around to the exit. the cm showed us and we went.

my mom and niece were supposed to be waiting for us at the exit. they weren't there. so, my nephew and i waited. almost 2 hours later they show up with my niece's leg bandaged up. i asked what happened. well, they were waiting for us at the exit. while they were waiting my niece stepped on a nest of fire ants and got bit all over her leg. my mom took her to a medical facility in the park where they took care of her.

apparently, the personnel at the hotel we were staying at got the water up but didn't put any anti-microbial (spelling?) stuff down. we didn't know it until we finally left home.

my mom got really sick on the way home. i also got sick after we got back too. went to the dr and found out we inhaled mold from the room not being properly taken care of... i had to take some meds for 2 weeks to get rid of it...

after all this, and mind you this is just SOME of it and not the WHOLE story because there is a lot of other smaller things i left out, we still had a good time because 1. it was my niece and nephew's first time to wdw so that made it special to see it through their eyes and wonderment and 2. IT'S DISNEY!!!! :lol:

WOW!!! And this is the shortened version! The kids getting sick in the car is definitely a big fear of mine. The Clorox wipes I bring along are really to help with DD4s peanut allergy, but in the back of my mind- they are also in case I need to sanitize after this. I totally understand about the coyote part. I made a similar decision last year- although it was with an armadillo. Funny how Haunted Mansion can have that effect. My kids ADORE Grim Grinning Ghosts, but DD4 has informed us that she won't be able to go into the attraction w/o being scared until she's 7 or 8. :lol: That's horrible with the room and everyone getting sick from it.

But you bring up that great point, no matter what happens "IT'S DISNEY!"

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

OP, glad to hear that you were only buised and everyone else were not hurt by the car. Maybe DH was quiet that night because he saw the vehicle hit you and he got scared about what could have happened.
At any rate, don't let all this make you think it is a warning or omen - it's just life, keeps things interesting and shows us all how important vacations are:)

Upvote 0

erasure fan1

Do you ever feel like you weren't meant to go on your trip?

Yea that was this trip. We just got back a 6 days ago. At first it was a family trip with my wives parents and her sisters family. It started with her dad having a bad doctor visit and needing surgery so they had to cancel. (hes OK so thats good) Then her sister had to cancel. Then 2 days before we are to leave, the car wouldnt start. It first needed a battery, OK no prop, then the radiator went out. $1000 later and having to cancel some meals and the water park, we left. Everything went fine for the most part (my son got a fever for about a day and a half) but other than that it was a lot of fun.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
OP, glad to hear that you were only buised and everyone else were not hurt by the car. Maybe DH was quiet that night because he saw the vehicle hit you and he got scared about what could have happened.
At any rate, don't let all this make you think it is a warning or omen - it's just life, keeps things interesting and shows us all how important vacations are:)

Thanks! Who knows what was up with DH, but thankfully he's on board with plan B. The paranoid superstitious side of me always wonders "why," but things - good and bad -often do just happen and we never truly understand. So you are so right about not looking at it as a warning/omen.

Yea that was this trip. We just got back a 6 days ago. At first it was a family trip with my wives parents and her sisters family. It started with her dad having a bad doctor visit and needing surgery so they had to cancel. (hes OK so thats good) Then her sister had to cancel. Then 2 days before we are to leave, the car wouldnt start. It first needed a battery, OK no prop, then the radiator went out. $1000 later and having to cancel some meals and the water park, we left. Everything went fine for the most part (my son got a fever for about a day and a half) but other than that it was a lot of fun.

I'm glad that your FIL is ok, but sad that so many had to cxl. The car part is no fun. DH had his battery go out last week...I took it as my sign to get AAA, but I wasn't expecting to need them for my vehicle less than a week later. I'm glad you guys got to go and that it was fun. And thanfully your son wasn't sick for too long.

STATUS UPDATE: My Jeep was towed into the shop this morning and they're working on the body damage right now. No promises that my vehicle will be ready in time, but they know my situation and are trying. If anything, I got a lot of sympathy in ways that were kind to my wallet and sanity. The tow truck driver gave me the tow for free even though we were 4 mi over my coverage, they had a person from my insurance co on site who got them to handle everything at the same time so I was done in less than an hour, and they worked a discount on my rental car that saved me about 50% (still not cheap).

I also got good news on stroller rentals in case we need to rent and my gumpaste figures for the Toy Story Barbie Dreamvette cake turned out really nicely...IMO. I know I can't expect Disney level magic every day, but hopefully my luck is turning around and it will be a spectacular vacay and bday celebration even with the hiccups.

(figured I'd share the sugar art for the cake since it's Disney related:D)

6023943094_e7a00857c7.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

6023942738_4c28f88df4.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Mr. Potato Head's Eyes are a bit messed up b/c I had a food coloring emergency on Friday nt (part of the cosmic wedgie). Essentially the coloring for the alien's feet wound up all over Potato and I had to go into disaster mode...decent salvage in the end.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom