do you bring food with you?

hrmom26

hi all

i am in the final stretch to my vacation and am starting the packing process lol

here is my question of the day lol {that would make a cool thread BTW }

do you bring food with you?

if so what and do you put it in carry on or checked luggage?

keep in mind i have two teens not younger kids lol so no formula etc etc

thanks
heather

pcarathers

We always take enough sardines and Twinkies to have for breakfast each morning. They go well with the free coffee in the room.
Set for the day.

:)

I think I can top that!! My step father used to eat CHEERIOS AND WIENIES!!!!!!!!! YES WIENIES......for breakfast with the MILK!!!! :hurl:
talk about a gross combination!!! we could never eat breakfast with him when he ate that!!! too gross.!! he has since passed away and whenever I see cheerios, I think of him and his odd breakfast!!!

Upvote 0

pcarathers

We will take some of the individually wrapped snack crackers in with us. We've never had an issue. The only reason we take them is so that when we are in line for a while and/or it is a while to meal time, we can snack on them and not waste 3 bucks or more on a rice krispie treat or cookie!!!!
We have also seen people bring in collapsable coolers full of juice and snacks and sandwiches and find some bench to sit down at or a table and eat. If the parks don't ban it, who are we to question it? I think the only places that do not allow it are the water parks.

Upvote 0

Woozles944

We usually go for 10 days or so and to save money we pack a lot of food. Last time we took lots of breakfast bars, cookies and crackers. Two Costco size boxes full. We also bring crystal light single serving drink mixes, after a few days soda gets old. We will also bring micowave popcorn for the evening after we get back to our resort. Instant oatmeal and jerky have made their way into the suitcases also. In December we ended up with a carry-on bag almost entirely full of food. Not having to buy breakfast and snacks all the time saves alot of money over 10 days.

Like others have said, we also have never had a problem bringing food into the parks.

Upvote 0

Ghall

Flying from Ireland bringing food is not an option but we always go to Walmart on our first day and get some snacks and bottles of water. I do always bring tea bags as I like a strong hot cup of tea and I'm afraid american tea is just not the same!

Upvote 0

phllymouse

I always bring Entenmann's for mornings, About 3 boxes, for three of us. Gets us through 3-4 days of our trip (at that point we are tired of the danish and donuts). We do this for a couple of reasons.
1-It helps us move faster in the mornings.
2-We like to use our quick service and snacks during the day.
3-Heavy Bfast in the mornings kinda starts the day...Blah.
I bring them with the carry ons.

Upvote 0

tampabrad

I have to have some snacks in the room. More often than not, everything is closed by the time I get back to the room. Usually, it is crackers and some different cheeses. Plus some granola bars for the parks. Easy to carry and no worries about spoilage. Personally, I would not feel comfortable using a restaurants' fixin bar to load up a sandwich I brought from home.

Usually don't bring "real" food as I like to go to lunch and dinner when I am at WDW. It is nice to take a break and sit and be waited on. Actually, I love to eat at WDW so much, it almost seems the parks are secondary.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

We have also seen people bring in collapsable coolers full of juice and snacks and sandwiches and find some bench to sit down at or a table and eat. If the parks don't ban it, who are we to question it? I think the only places that do not allow it are the water parks.

If I recall correctly, Walt originally planned a picnic area in Disneyland that people could come to and enjoy. Obviously the parks have moved away from that, but the overall idea remains - you are welcome to bring your own food (alcohol may be the exception, which I have no reason to test). It can definitely be convenient to have your own snacks for long trips and as you can see, plenty of guest do it!

Upvote 0

disneydadnyc

we always send a box with cereal, juices, bowls, cups and snacks to our resort before we go and it is usually delivered to our room after we check in. it makes it easy to feed the kids in the morning and for snacks, it is also alot cheaper.

Upvote 0

wendysue

I make a couple of large ziplock bags of pretzels, cashews, peanuts, tiny choc.chips, or sometimes peanut butter or caramel chips, candy corn. You can keep it in your oversized purse or carryon and the kids love it. You can put in whatever you like. We like to just grab a handful every now and then, in between meals.

Upvote 0

emaginear

We usually pack chips, energy bars, peanuts..snacky type foods. We also pack tequila/margarita mix and bottle of rum. Disney does all the driving!

It has to be NOT opened in order to check in luggage. Saves you $$$ and makes the bus monorail rides more interesting with a resort mug full of rum and free coke.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

swimmom

Since we are not big on breakfast, last year was the first time I shipped a small box of breakfast/granola bars and fruit snacks. We purchased the resort mugs for drinks & buy milk. We stayed at WL and enjoyed starting our day sitting on the balcony eating a small breakfast. We definately got out of the room faster than when we would go down to Roaring Fork for breakfast. We also noticed that by not having such a big breakfast, which we aren't used to, we were ready for lunch earlier and sometimes avoided the big lunch crowds. This year I'm going to just pack the breakfast/granola bars in the carry on because I had too many last year.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Some of you guys have great ideas on what to bring into the park!!

This next trip, since we are driving, will be our first trip packing food. We just started making budget cuts in our lives, and realizing that we can save here & there on vacation. We're packing a cooler, and bringing our own bottled water into the park to refill at fountains. We're making peanut butter & jelly to bring into the parks for lunch. We'll have rice krispie treats, mini chip bags, soda and other snack type things to eat for breakfast or lunch when we're at our resort.

We made a few ADR's, but other than those, we're going to try to eat what we bring. It always amazes me how quickly quick service meals & park snacks add up!

Upvote 0

erstwo

We bring Tea bags from home as, no offence, you just can't beat an English cup of tea :slurp:

PG Tips? :lol:

Maybe we've had this conversation before, but my next door neighbor from Southend on C in Essex has addicted me to PG Tips.

As far as bringing food, we bring most of it for our (small) children. But I do pack a snack or two for myself, as I am usually hungry around the time most snack bars close. Granola Bars, fruit cups (in a zip lock) have all done well in my suitcase on an airplane or in airplane cargo.

Upvote 0

Shadowdawn

The only food we pack is protein bars. We always rent a car when we stay in FL, so we will then go buy bottled water and bagels/cream cheese for breakfast.

For every park day we pack the protein bars and water. I refuse to pay $3 for water.

Upvote 0

NWDMD

What about water? What containers do you guys put it in? Bottles? Camelbak? nalgene bottles? I'd like to bring water for this trip but I don't want to carry a bunch of bottles.

Upvote 0

Shadowdawn

What about water? What containers do you guys put it in? Bottles? Camelbak? nalgene bottles? I'd like to bring water for this trip but I don't want to carry a bunch of bottles.

We go to Publix and buy a case of like Poland Springs. We don't like to bring alot but we usually bring 1 or 2 each. I also bring a water bottle that has it's own filter like a Brita filter. I think it helps with that kinda weird FL taste.

Upvote 0

kbmum

We stay at DVC and eat about 90 percent of our meals in the room. This coming trip, DH and I are going to pack non-liquid, non-perishable food in our checked luggage so that we'll have to buy only perishable stuff and bottled water from Garden Grocer. Since we're going to eat most of that food, it will leave space in the luggage to take home souvenirs. :)

Upvote 0

pintraderpayee

My students and I always take water and snacks into the parks. We stay offsite at a hotel with mini fridges and microwaves so we breakfast there. I recommend that my kids bring individual drink mix packages and refill their water bottles at a park water fountain. They bring easy to carry high energy non-perisable snacks such as trail mix, cereal bars, fruit chews and dried fruit. It helps them be able to buy souvenirs on their limited budgets. I also encourage them to split a meal if they eat from one of the counter service eateries. I've seen one Toluca turkey leg feed three high school girls! Hope this helps.

4 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 45 teens and 8 adults on two school buses for 930 miles of smiles:hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom