Do Mickey and Minnie already have a new home?

captain marvel1

what if they move the houses to the west side

like move the houses toward adventure land. rename adventure land to adventure land mickey and Minnie and add the old adventure club as well to that vicinity from the Disney boardwalk to the new area since their moving peter pan and wendy over to fantasyland does that make sense.

Biff215

like move the houses toward adventure land. rename adventure land to adventure land mickey and Minnie and add the old adventure club as well to that vicinity from the Disney boardwalk to the new area since their moving peter pan and wendy over to fantasyland does that make sense.

Not to be rude, but no.

EPCOTPluto

...like move the houses toward Adventureland. Rename Adventureland to Adventureland Mickey and Minnie, add the old Adventurer's Club, as well to that vicinity from the Disney Boardwalk to the new area, since their moving Peter Pan and Wendy over to Fantasyland. Does that make sense.
All I understood was ALand Mickey & Minnie, which I would say 'No' because one land is already that devoted.

And last I check, it's pretty "Camp"y. :hammer:

saxamoophone

That plan doesn't look feasible - for starters, you're putting in as much retail space as already exists in the massive Emporium complex on the west side of Main Street. While I know Disney loves to sell merchandise, it still costs money to build retail stores and staff them. You've already got the Emporium a stone's throw away.

Well it would only be half as deep. But I still think an expanded mainstreet retail area could be filled up with some interesting stores. Maybe a Art of Disney, Barbershop (the otherone closed, right?), Magic Store, Princess store, etc.

I have my doubts that much of anything in Toontown is capable of being disassembled and moved, the place was built in a hurry as a temporary land, save for the Barnstormer. Certainly, a lot of the props and interior furnishings would be salvaged, but I don't know about the house itself. For starters, if you wanted to pick up the house as a single unit and move it (which is not terribly uncommon in the real world), you'd still need a path to get it moved to its new location. The road leading into the east Main Street parking lot is fairly narrow and cuts under the railroad, so there's no good way to move it as a single structure. Carefully cutting the house into pieces and moving it would probably be about as hard as building a new house..

I agree. I always figured they would just make a new house that would fit in more with main street, and is attached to the back side of Exposition Hall building.

Plus, as others have pointed out, you lose a lot of close and convenient parking. Digging down to build a parking ramp at the Utilidor level, and rebuilding over the parking lot sounds like a massive expense to me. You could do a lot of things at WDW with that kind of cash, I'd think.

Well I guess the question is this: who uses this parking, and why? I've been back there a few times, and I don't really remember it being used that much....isn't it just parking for managers? They can park with the rest of the CMs behind Disney-U.....

I do agree though, extending the Utilidor level w/ parking and building ontop would no doubt double the costs.

Anyways, this all came about a few weeks ago on a trip to MK with some friends who are CMs. We just thought MK needed a "secondary exit" for Parades,Wishes!, and private events. With Noodle Station & the Tomorrow Land Stage all being shut down / destroyed + and a (useless?) parking lot just sitting there, it sure is a pretty big area.

That being said, Lights Motors Action may not be around for much longer (yes, it's new, but Mgt isn't that big of a fan of it), so the Studios could probably drop Mickey's house over there instead, or at Downtown Disney. Both of those options would be ok in my books =)

captain marvel1

in regards to the adventure land idea

its sole purpose was for the older toons that first started the park to begin with. They are probably gonna bulldoze the houses to begin with i forgot to mention i ran my idea by one of the Disney imaginer's and they thought it was decent idea.

_Scar

Heavy_mouse_infestation2-full.JPG

Not many people know this, but since Jay has confirmed the mouse's evicition, the mouse has been looking for new homes. This photo has been taken inside the walls of Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. It's no wonder the jokes there are crap.

zing

JeffH

Toontown Back Alley

I've been there many times as they shovel people down the back alley after the park closes...what a mess...talk about shattering the magic...after a whole day of enjoying such a beautiful magical park to shuffle down the back alley between a line of small potted trees (if we're lucky).
I've always thought they should dress that up some way as Main Street Back Alley featuring special "back alley" merchandise and services (villains merchandise, new location for barber shop, art shops, homewares...)
Besides providing an "alternate" shopping alternative to Main Street, it would also provide a better way to bypass the parades and another "street" to view the fireworks from, as well as another "street" out of the park.
On the otherhand, Toonstreet could provide the same thing and offer kids THEIR own Main(toon) Street entrance and parents a way to get their kids to Mickey and Minnie without walking to the back of the park.
You could then enter the park through "classic" Main Street, or through Toon Street featuring Mickey and Minnies houses.
They could then move the more kid oriented merchandise from Main Street to Toon Street, making the Main Street shops a bit more adult oriented.

Sounds good to me...DO IT!

Considering how much they need the additional exit space during and after the parades and after the fireworks and at park closing I can't see then NOT doing something SMART like this?!?
Please don't herd me down that back alley without doing SOMETHING...

slappy magoo

its sole purpose was for the older toons that first started the park to begin with. They are probably gonna bulldoze the houses to begin with i forgot to mention i ran my idea by one of the Disney imaginer's and they thought it was decent idea.

Of course they did, you're a smart young fella is what you are. Keep those ideas coming!

_Scar

toontown would do well at DHS...but the only place i could think of that it would fit is between the Narnia thing and TSMM http://wikimapia.org/#lat=28.3565647&lon=-81.5613788&z=19&l=0&m=b or the take out BT http://wikimapia.org/#lat=28.3547496&lon=-81.5620065&z=18&l=0&m=b

I read here... so don't quote me on this... that One Man's Dream was going to be redone and exanded into the now empty Narnia showroom. It'd be cool for an indoor toowntown with their houses inside Narnia's building.

DisneyWall-E

I would still prefer a house to be outside. IMO it would seem more real I guess. Plus, I would have to see some sort of scale model or the end product to know if I would like it or hate it.

Figment632

I read here... so don't quote me on this... that One Man's Dream was going to be redone and exanded into the now empty Narnia showroom. It'd be cool for an indoor toowntown with their houses inside Narnia's building.

I might like this and it wouldn't be the first time Disney has done something like this. The main street in Disney Studios in Paris is indoor so it is made to feel like night all day.

WDS%20Studio%201%2001.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2004.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2002.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2003.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2007.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2008.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2005.jpg

This is the exit into the main Park and partners statue.

WDS%20Studio%201%2009.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2010.jpg

I might like this and it wouldn't be the first time Disney has done something like this. The main street in Disney Studios in Paris is indoor so it is made to feel like night all day.

WDS%20Studio%201%2001.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2004.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2002.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2003.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2007.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2008.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2005.jpg

This is the exit into the main Park and partners statue.

WDS%20Studio%201%2009.jpg

WDS%20Studio%201%2010.jpg

One of the only things I enjoyed about Disney Studios, I was there in 2005 so there wasnt much going on

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom