Do Mickey and Minnie already have a new home?

tigsmom

Well according to Jim Hill they do! He also discusses what will become of the barnstormer or what could become of it. It seems to be up in the air...
Here's the article...http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_h...hello-to-the-town-square-exhibition-hall.aspx

Neither of those are new developments, they were both discussed in the original (or the one published in the Sentinel anyway) announcement.

Mickey's & Minnie's homes are being moved to the front and the meet & greet will be in Exposition Hall and the Barnstormer was to be rethemed to fit the new land. This was discussed in other threads about this, maybe you missed it :shrug:

I'm not a JH fan, though many are, and every time I try to open the article my browser crashes (good thing I read quickly) :lol:

cdunbar

Original Poster
Neither of those are new developments, they were both discussed in the original (or the one published in the Sentinel anyway) announcement.

Mickey's & Minnie's homes are being moved to the front and the meet & greet will be in Exposition Hall and the Barnstormer was to be rethemed to fit the new land. This was discussed in other threads about this, maybe you missed it :shrug:

I'm not a JH fan, though many are, and every time I try to open the article my browser crashes (good thing I read quickly) :lol:
Barnstormer yes, the houses being moved to town square no...that was my primary reason behind posting it sorry if it's been said elsewhere. Mods you can delete it if you feel the info is in other places...:wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

The meet and greet is looking to go into Expo, but the future of the actually houses is very much up in the air. There is the possibility of them being moved to another park (Studios), or demolished. It doesnt appear at this stage that they will have any place in the MK.

Cindy'sBruno

i guess it wouldnt be that bad. i loved their houses though. due to the fact that i have never been to DL, the houses made it all fit. it just seems odd to me that we will have cinderella's castle, belle's library, and the other princesses spots, plus a huge dumbo spot, and pixie forest....it will look odd to not have a home for the mouse that started this whole thing. walt disney started this with mickey, and now he will just have a character meet n greet spot?

Lucky

If there's no place for the houses in DHS or Camp Minnie-Mickey, maybe they could find a spot in Downtown Disney.

DisneyWall-E

I still liked the idea of building a new toontown into the side of MainStreet USA. I think someone said it was mostly a parking lot back there, I don't know for sure. But I was thinking make it look kind of like the city section in Who Framed Roger Rabit.

Wilt Dasney

I don't think anybody is talking about moving the houses to Town Square. Just the characters.

The CW at this point seems to be the houses are going to meet the ol' wrecking ball pretty soon.

EpcoTim

In this mornings senteniel they are reporting that the impending loss of their house has caused such a strain on the relationship that Minnie and Mickey have officially split. Minnie has signed a lease on a loft overlooking main street (that Mickey has to foot the bill for). Mickey has had no comment and was last seen passed out in a frontierland dumpster after a night that witnesses describe as "full of gin fueled sobbing and lots of public urination". Brer rabbit and at least one of the seven dwarves has sought counseling after witnessing the incident.

Lucky

They lived in separate houses already. I think secretly they're just brother and sister, but Walt thought a feigned romance would generate more interest in the characters.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
In this mornings senteniel they are reporting that the impending loss of their house has caused such a strain on the relationship that Minnie and Mickey have officially split. Minnie has signed a lease on a loft overlooking main street (that Mickey has to foot the bill for). Mickey has had no comment and was last seen passed out in a frontierland dumpster after a night that witnesses describe as "full of gin fueled sobbing and lots of public urination". Brer rabbit and at least one of the seven dwarves has sought counseling after witnessing the incident.

So wrong, yet so funny at the same time......:ROFLOL:

GrumpyFan

I still liked the idea of building a new toontown into the side of MainStreet USA. I think someone said it was mostly a parking lot back there, I don't know for sure. But I was thinking make it look kind of like the city section in Who Framed Roger Rabit.

I agree, that would be a good idea. There is just a parking lot back there. They could make it sort of a pass-through area, with a place to visit Mickey and others, on your way to/from Tomorrowland.

tigsmom

The meet and greet is looking to go into Expo, but the future of the actually houses is very much up in the air. There is the possibility of them being moved to another park (Studios), or demolished. It doesnt appear at this stage that they will have any place in the MK.

So things have changed since the initial announcement?

To accommodate the expansion, Disney will raze most of Mickey's Toontown Fair, the smallest of the Magic Kingdom's "lands." Gone will be both of the walk-through country houses where guests were guaranteed to meet Disney's most famous characters: Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

Disney says Mickey and Minnie will get new homes near the front entrance of the park. The children's roller coaster, the Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm, will remain, though it will be re-themed, likely with a circus overlay linking it to Dumbo.

AlishaMisha

So things have changed since the initial announcement?

That is EXACTLY what I have been wondering this whole time. How could SO many people miss this?! There have been so many discussions on so many boards about this which never made sense to me.

Glad I don't have my head in the clouds :king:

saxamoophone

DING DING DING!

With the Tomorrowland Theater destroyed, it's nothing but empty space between Tomorrowland and Mainstreet.

They could easily extend Mainstreet INTO tomorrowland, with more retail + the Mouse house. It would also make a nice exit during Wishes & Parades, while not letting guests bypass all the retail shops.

Anyways, I just remember them saying "We will move the Houses elsewhere in MK" at some point during the D23 Expo....and this makes the most sense.

Right?

palmickey420

I agree, that would be a good idea. There is just a parking lot back there. They could make it sort of a pass-through area, with a place to visit Mickey and others, on your way to/from Tomorrowland.
i completly agree but i don't think it'll happen cause 1. thats where they have a lot of the carts and 2. when they r filled 2 capacity they use them for exits

ValentineMouse

I love that Fantasyland is taking over the what-should-have-been-temporary Toontown Faire (which reeeally doesn't match up to its West coast equivalent), and think its a wise choice moving the classic character meet and greet point to the Exhibition Hall, but there is one thing I think is a shame - if Mickey is doing meet and greets inside the Exhibition Hall, then he won't be able to be out strolling Town Square, which is one of those iconic sights that will be unfortunate to lose.

I'm gonna presume they'll close it during the parades with Mickey in (because he obviously can't be in two places at once!). I also have a question (I'm sure someone will know the answer) - do they close the Mickey meet and greet when the parades on atm? I know they used to do it at Disneyland, but I'm not sure about the Magic Kingdom?

Cindy'sBruno

thats a great idea. it would allow mickey and minnies houses to stay. they could update them a bit or something. mabye with a city twist.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom