Do any board members meet other members at the parks?

tr1plese7en

Original Poster
I couldn't find anything about this although I'm sure this has happened before. Do any of the Orlando locals or any other board members organize meets to have board members meet each other at a park? Organized meets were pretty frequent on an automotive forum I was on and I don't see too many of those topics on here. I might be in town for passholder preview of Laugh Floor so random idea came up to maybe meet some people.

SpongeScott

I couldn't find anything about this although I'm sure this has happened before. Do any of the Orlando locals or any other board members organize meets to have board members meet each other at a park? Organized meets were pretty frequent on an automotive forum I was on and I don't see too many of those topics on here. I might be in town for passholder preview of Laugh Floor so random idea came up to maybe meet some people.​
Happens quite a bit. Some are very small, some are large. But they're all fun.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I've met more than a handful of members.. both planned and accidentally.

I found out one person was a member after we met at Downtown Disney and... errr... ummm... kissed.

Twas funny... and we remain good friends.

tigsmom

I've met a bunch of people, including mkt (nope, he didn't kiss me :lol: ).
Its quite a bit of fun putting faces with names and seeing just how close they really are to their online persona.

If you get the chance to go to a meet take it. :wave:

Laura

Premium Member

Basically 90% of the forum has met MKT. (I'm in the percentage that HAS NOT kissed him though! :p)

I've also met about 10 other people. And made some of my best friends ever in the process. :D

The Mom

Premium Member
:wave:

Not even a little peck on the cheek? ROOOOOBBBBB, some son you are. :mad:

And hi, tigsmom(Mad) :wave: I do believe we've met. ;)

I would estimate that I've met at least 2-3 dozen forum members, some multiple times.

tigsmom

Not even a little peck on the cheek? ROOOOOBBBBB, some son you are. :mad:

And hi, tigsmom(Mad) :wave: I do believe we've met. ;)

I would estimate that I've met at least 2-3 dozen forum members, some multiple times.

I've managed to smooch SpongeScott & Speck, but no smooch from Rob. :lol:

When I read this thread earlier I dug out the photos from the evening we met...I think another dessert party is in order. :cool:

New2WDW

Last year was the first time I met anyone and missed meeting a couple of others. I met Jack Sparrow at MNSSHP (aka Master Yoda). I have talked to Laughing Gravy and missed meeting him due to me being too lazy to wake up for breakfast! :lol:

But now thanks to this thread I am a little worried about the kissing syndrome taking place and might rethink the meets...:lookaroun

maelstrom

Yep, people from this board regularly have meets at the parks.

I haven't met anybody yet (well I'm sure I've seen Mad/tigsmom about a million times but we live in the same area so that doesn't count) but Wilt Dasney *did* leave me a note under the little "d" at the Downtown Disney McDonald's. And I should be meeting Bonny (MommytoMJM) and MJ this summer.

tigsmom

Last year was the first time I met anyone and missed meeting a couple of others. I met Jack Sparrow at MNSSHP (aka Master Yoda). I have talked to Laughing Gravy and missed meeting him due to me being too lazy to wake up for breakfast! :lol:

But now thanks to this thread I am a little worried about the kissing syndrome taking place and might rethink the meets...:lookaroun

:lol:

Some of us are more enthusiastic than others.

WDWFREAK53

ROB!!! I told you not to tell anyone about that!!!

:lookaroun

I've met a bunch of people...and I've had very good experiences for the most part...we won't go into the bad ones... YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHICH WAS GOOD AND WHICH WAS BAD! (hehe, see...now everybody I have met will be wondering which side they were on!)

(just kidding BTW...I've never had a bad experience)

Computer Magic

Aw jeez :rolleyes:

I've been to TWO meets...which is more than I can say for others :lookaroun

I've met wonderful people like SpongeScott and Shaman among others :kiss:
I'm guessing you are referring to someone else. I went to one meet with about 10 people...and meet one other person at the Poly...No we didn't kiss :lookaroun

I was ditched once, but I don't like to bring up that story too often.

AND JEFF....LMAO :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom