Do adults and parents dress up frequently for MNSSHP?

FLDISFAN

Original Poster
Hey everyone,

We'll the Im taking the family to our first MNSSHP Oct 23rd.

The kids costumes are setup, but now the wife and I are talking about dresssing up as well.

For those that have gone do you see a lot of parents/adults dressed up for this party? We'd just hate to be the only grownups (and I use this term losely) in costumes.

Thanks!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Yep! My DH was all nervous when we went b/c he had no idea how many people would be dressed up - but he was immidately put to ease when he got there and I there were definitely more people in costume then out for the adults. Almost all were! Its a great time!! We went and we don't even have kiddies!

The Mom

Premium Member
It's MNSSHP, NOT MNSSCHP. (C for children's) :lol: It's for all ages, and how many of us would go to a Halloween party without wearing some sort of costume? ;)

hardcard

we're going to the party on the 16th, and I'm wearing this:

31976.jpg

islesgirl

definitely dress up. my sister and i went for the first time on sept 26 and we felt so weird leaving the hotel and sitting at the bus stop in costume but as soon as we got to MK we saw all the other adults were dressed up and we had an amazing time. the CMs really play along with the costumes and the characters as well. it is awesome

wendysmom

I was just there with a couple of friends and we all dressed up! You would not believe some of the *incredible* costumes we saw! I have to belive they lived in Orlando, because I don't think you could get an entire Ghostbusters costume (complete with the backpacks) on a plane.:lol: There were four of them, too...not to mention the amazing Haunted House characters we also saw! It makes for a fun evening!

mickeysgal

We went last year and had a blast. We all went as the Peter Pan crew. DD- Tinkerbell, DS- Peter Pan, Me- Wendy, DH- Mr. Smee, My mom- Michael, my dad- John, and my sister- Cpt Hook. It was a blast. We took a lot of pride and time in making our costumes, and everyone had something nice to say, which was really nice of them. We felt a little uncomfortable on the bus, since we were the only ones dressed up, but as soon as we got there, those who weren't dressed up were the minority. Dress up and have a blast.

*** My only word of warning, if you dress up, is wear something comfortable. My shoes were not the right fit and I couldn't walk halfway through the night.***

JoeH

DD and DW will be witches on 10-28, I'll wear my MNSSHP t-shirt from 06 or 07 & my pirate hat. On Halloween we're all going to be pirates.

Counting down the days, weather in SE Michigan unseasonably warm the last couple of days, I had to unpack some shorts over the weekend from the luggage.

Joe

fmingo36

The past two years I've gone, I've dressed for it.
I live in NJ and have to fly to Disney, so my costumes are not too complex. Last year I was a funky witch. This year I went as The Prom Queen. I love it!!! the Evil Queen from Snow White wanted to know about my castle. I told her it was 4 bedrooms, 2 baths. She looked at my with the little smirk and said "Hideous" I got some great pictures doing my Queen Wave.

This year I went with my BF and she wasn't sure if she wanted to dress-up. I told her just do something easy and comfortable. So she went as a doctor. She dressed in scrubs and had a stethoscope. She had so much fun with the characters. They were letting her give them a check-up. It was hysterical! She said she had more fun at this event because she dressed up.

ABSOLUTELY DRESS UP!!!

FLDISFAN

Original Poster
Thanks for the great responses,

My wife is going as a princess vampire. Not to scary though.

I am going as Skipper from Gilligans island. VERY COMFORTABLE as that was my primary thought. SKippers Hat, Loose blue Shirt, and Khaki pants.

Kids are a Cheerleader and Snow White.

Were more excited now to know we wont be the only "BIG" kids wearing stuff.

shoppingnut

I went as a pirate and my sister was a bunny and my nephew a pirate. And when I was sitting on the curb for the parade when the pirate float was coming up, one of the pirates that was walking in front of it came over and said "lookin' nice."

I also saw this couple, the husband was dressed as a bee and the wife a bee keeper.

shoppingnut

I was just there with a couple of friends and we all dressed up! You would not believe some of the *incredible* costumes we saw! I have to belive they lived in Orlando, because I don't think you could get an entire Ghostbusters costume (complete with the backpacks) on a plane.:lol: There were four of them, too...not to mention the amazing Haunted House characters we also saw! It makes for a fun evening!

That was on September 23 that you went to the party, because I remember seeing people dressed as the Ghostbusters and thought that they must have lived there too, since they had the backpacks and all.

LuxeMama

Definitely dress up! I was so bummed when my little girl was too ill to go. My husband stayed at the hotel room with her while I took my boys. We had an awesome time and it was great because we all got into character.

Incredibles.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom