38334b3a.jpg

5fae12c8.jpg

78af0362.jpg

8745adaa.jpg

Rasvar

Dream Suite Living Room:
Inspiration for Sleeping Beauty's Castle:

34f08981.jpg

Love that they have Ludwig's Neuschwanstein Castle. It is am impressive place to visit. A little unfinished on the inside since old Ludwig ran out of money but a site to behold. The suite looks lovely.

With that, I think I can finally go to bed.

Californian Elitist

Love that they have Ludwig's Neuschwanstein Castle. It is am impressive place to visit. A little unfinished on the inside since old Ludwig ran out of money but a site to behold. The suite looks lovely.

I'd love to visit it. Prayerfully, one of these days, before I pass. Yes, the Dream Suite is great. I'd love to actually stay in it, but I doubt that will happen soon, if not ever. Have a good night's sleep.:)

Cosmic Commando

Inspiration for Sleeping Beauty's Castle:

34f08981.jpg

I was skimming through the Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland today and I saw a story that I hadn't seen before: Herb Ryman, the Imagineer who designed Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella Castles, needed to put out a concept for the Disneyland castle quickly. He happened to have reference material for Neuschwanstein next to him, so it was based heavily on that. Later, he tried to get Walt to let him add more references from other places, but Walt liked the castle the way it was.

Californian Elitist

I was skimming through the Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland today and I saw a story that I hadn't seen before: Herb Ryman, the Imagineer who designed Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella Castles, needed to put out a concept for the Disneyland castle quickly. He happened to have reference material for Neuschwanstein next to him, so it was based heavily on that. Later, he tried to get Walt to let him add more references from other places, but Walt liked the castle the way it was.

What a very interesting story. I really hate it when people try and tell me Walt Disney would have changed the castle. He liked it the way it was.

Cosmic Commando

What a very interesting story. I really hate it when people try and tell me Walt Disney would have changed the castle. He liked it the way it was.
I personally like Cinderella Castle better, but Sleeping Beauty Castle is right for Disneyland. In Rolly Crump's upcoming book, I've heard he's actually going to argue that they got the MK wrong, went too big.

Californian Elitist

I personally like Cinderella Castle better, but Sleeping Beauty Castle is right for Disneyland. In Rolly Crump's upcoming book, I've heard he's actually going to argue that they got the MK wrong, went too big.

Exactly. A tall castle wouldn't look right in the park and it certainly wouldn't look right with the Matterhorn right next to it. I didn't know that! That's going to be interesting to read. I've heard negatives about both castles. SBC looks like a miniature golf figurine and CC is uninviting. I've heard some complaints about the stage in front of it, too. Can't please everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom