Dissapointed

DisneyWales

Original Poster
What gets Me?!?

What gets me is why Disney Corporation allow this park to be so badly utilized. Belive me when I say this Park forms alot of peoples opinion about Walt Disney. I know plenty of people who go and come away with a sour taste for Disney.

If Disney are so certian about spreading a better Global image they really should take a very long hard look at the image DLRP is sending out to guests in Europe.

Im lucky enough to have more money than sence, so I can pay to go to Florida far too many times in one year and really enjoy it. But for some DLRP is a Disney Holiday of a lifetime, and for most I know a major let down.

The park is stunning to look lets all be clear on that, but thats about as Disney as it gets.

Nala_84

Well... I really know, that French people are seldomly willing to talk English or even an other language than French coz they're just too "lazy"...

But I think one can also exaggerate things!! Would you want DLRP to be exactly the same like WDW? That would be more than boring for the Disney fans who have enough money to visit all the Disneylands in the world, I guess...

Like I've already said, I've got no comparison, but my boyfriend and I have never been treated badly in DLRP and whoever I asked for some information could answer me in (good or less good) English. Language has never been a problem so far for us!

Even the rides are partial in English Language, we saw the Lion King Show in English... so what?! When international people want to visit the "Europa Park" in Germany they'll learn that most of the rides are especially explained in German. I think it's obvious that the French are proud on the fact that Disneyland Europe came into their country, so they also want to have some of their traditions in there... :rolleyes: :animwink: Actually, most of the visitors (40 %) are French guys ;)

Tim G

Nala_84 said:
Well... I really know, that French people are seldomly willing to talk English or even an other language than French coz they're just too "lazy"...
But would you try to talk german,if you were visiting germany??

DisneyWales

Original Poster
marni1971 said:
I can honestly say we`ve had only 2 language problems with a CM in 2 stays at DLP.

As for my French....

I didnt really see language as a problem, its a culture thing. The park is a very nice park, and it defiantly offers something new that Florida doesn't have, a slightly more 'Romantic' offering. It was just all the things that WDW prides it's self on, i.e. being different from all other parks, a outstanding level of customer service, and a warm welcome to every guest, were just missing.

There were issues (very big issues) with some staff, and I am in the middle of drafting a letter to highlight these issues.

Its hard to explain in so few words, but WDW is unlike any other place I have ever been, such a wonderful place with magic and enchantment (Sounds corney) around every corner. Where as DLRP is just a Theme Park with Disney Characters.

An example is Fantillusion, its a great parade with a fantastic soundtrack and a great concept, however its lacking the life and energy of Spectromagic. Spectro has lots of characters walking the route, and the Spectromen on Wirly-balls etc. Where as Fantillusion has a few floats and a handful of performers between the floats. The orginal version (from Japan) had about as many floats in act 1 as the current version has in the entire parade. Its that kinda thing, in WDW you always feel as if your getting the whole deal, not a scaled down half price version.

As nice as the chandlers on main street are, I know if WDW's main street was wired to be able to do this, they would look 10x better.

Granted alot of this has to do with financial issues, but it just doesn't have that WOW factor that WDW has at almost every corner.

disney_nutter

you keep comparing everything to wdw, im sorry but you cant do that, i am a massive of fan of wdw and yes it offeres a lot more in the way of magic and customer service. But paris is completly different, not all the parks are the same, DLP might have it little but on the whole the park is brillant and i loved every minute of my stay. As for fantalusion ok it wasnt long but frabkly i was glad i didnt like the idea of having to stnad out in frezzing cold weather for an hour just to see floats, fantlusion isnt main street electrical parade

Tigger2000

I said the exact same in my post in August, terrible. I had my change practically thrown back at me.

i think it's nice for those who can't go to America (speaking for people in England), like my Auntie who couldn't afford it she has three kids and they were over the moon by going to Flamingo Land (a themepark/zoo...no comparison to AK lol) so yeah, it would be nice for Disneyfirst timers etc.

Also its a really nice park and really nicely decorated and themed but its just those stupid cast members...they should be ripped from that status! so unfriendly!

stitchcastle

DisneyWales said:
Well us much as I would like like it to be, the world isn't all Smiles and happy hugs.

it's not that, it's just a matter of accepting that not everything goes your way all the time and that everything is different, DLP is not WDW. So stop whining!

disney_nutter said:
you keep comparing everything to wdw, im sorry but you cant do that, i am a massive of fan of wdw and yes it offeres a lot more in the way of magic and customer service. But paris is completly different, not all the parks are the same, DLP might have it little but on the whole the park is brillant and i loved every minute of my stay. As for fantalusion ok it wasnt long but frabkly i was glad i didnt like the idea of having to stnad out in frezzing cold weather for an hour just to see floats, fantlusion isnt main street electrical parade

DisneyWales

Original Poster
Not one to start an argument

stitchcastle said:
it's not that, it's just a matter of accepting that not everything goes your way all the time and that everything is different, DLP is not WDW. So stop whining!

Not that im starting an argument or anything, but don't you see the irony of whining about someone whos whining.

This a a forum, a place for people to express their opinions, ive expressed mine, I understand why you may not see it my way, but there's is no need to get hostile with me just because I don't see it your way. Thats the whole point of this site, to express how you feel. In my eyes I was let down by DLRP, in a way i have never been let down in all my trips to WDW ultimately thats what it comes down to.

Tim G

Guys???

I think it will probably better to close this thread... IMO the whole thing starts to get out of hand...:lookaroun :)

DisneyWales

Original Poster
I Agree

Corrus said:
Guys???

I think it will probably better to close this thread... IMO the whole thing starts to get out of hand...:lookaroun :)

I know I started this thread, but I agree with you Corrus. I never intended for it to get like this. I just wanted to share my experience, it may be an extreme one, but it is my experience with DLRP.

Tim G

DisneyWales said:
I know I started this thread, but I agree with you Corrus. I never intended for it to get like this. I just wanted to share my experience, it may be an extreme one, but it is my experience with DLRP.
I'm not pointing my finger at anyone... :D

tiflow

Corrus said:
They're no unprofessional or/and unhappy... They're FRENCH...

HUUUUMMMMM..........................

EuroDisney SCA, the company which runs Disneyland Resort Paris employs of course french people, but also cast members from a lot of other countries (they can live in Disney cast members' buildings http://disneylandparis-casting.com/accueil/our-work-environment/a-cast-member-s-life-/living-conditions-/var/lang/EN/rub/41.html#).

And I did not feel that british staff was more happy to work and to welcome guests, or more professional when I visited Alton Towers...

So I don't think that kind of comment should appear in Disney's forums.

Characters in "La Belle et la Bête" (Beauty and the beast), "Le Bossu de Notre Dame", "Les Aristochats" (The Aristocasts)..., were french, very happy and so professional.

Tim G

tiflow said:
HUUUUMMMMM..........................

EuroDisney SCA, the company which runs Disneyland Resort Paris employs of course french people, but also cast members from a lot of other countries (they can live in Disney cast members' buildings http://disneylandparis-casting.com/accueil/our-work-environment/a-cast-member-s-life-/living-conditions-/var/lang/EN/rub/41.html#).

And I did not feel that british staff was more happy to work and to welcome guests, or more professional when I visited Alton Towers...

So I don't think that kind of comment should appear in Disney's forums.

Characters in "La Belle et la Bête" (Beauty and the beast), "Le Bossu de Notre Dame", "Les Aristochats" (The Aristocasts)..., were french, very happy and so professional.
I never said they were unprofessional, or unhappy...
I wrote... they're French...

It's a culture thing... A lot of Americans are very glad, working for Disney, The french aren't...

So if you quote me next time, think and read my posts well, before quoting me...

Thanks, Merci... :D

Tigger2000

Corrus said:
I never said they were unprofessional, or unhappy...
I wrote... they're French...

It's a culture thing... A lot of Americans are very glad, working for Disney, The french aren't...

thats exactly what i thought, americans working in WDW are very glad to help and want to work there, the french just seem like its a part time job until they find something better to do :brick:

ahh well, dont reckon I'll be going back...

DisneyWales

Original Poster
Compare

tiflow said:

I agree with you, and thats probably why we would never see Disney in the UK. But my point from the very start was, this kind of Staff behaviour is something that WDW and DLC stive to avoid.

In my eyes staff attitude in DLRP on the whole was as bad as that in Alton Towers, its because of this I no longer go to Alton Towers, and surprise surprise, it will also be a very big reason I choose not to got back to DLRP.

Disney is supposed to be better than all other theme parks, and this is one of the reasons and one of their mojor selling points, however this was something that doesn't stand in DLRP.

In Florida as you enter a ride of a park, generally a Cast Member will give you a "Welcome", or "Hi There", I do not see this as an American thing, coz it dont happen as much at Universal, Sea World, and never at Busch. Its what Walt himself called the Disney Difference.

disney_nutter

DisneyWales said:
In Florida as you enter a ride of a park, generally a Cast Member will give you a "Welcome", or "Hi There", I do not see this as an American thing, coz it dont happen as much at Universal, Sea World, and never at Busch. Its what Walt himself called the Disney Difference.

i will agree with you on the busch gardens thing but sadly not on the universal and disney. Universal staff of the past year or so i think they have imporved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom